Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Juice for alchohol detox

Hi everyone, here is my situation. My husband finally and thankfully entered re-hab for a drinking problem. He is coming home today and the results of his blood tests show elevated GGT enzyme which indicates an ailing liver. The doctor didn’t feel it had come to the point of turning fatty or having scar tissue, YET. Soooo I was thinking carrot juice would help, but I don’t want to make anything worse. Any other suggestions on what juices gently help the liver? Thanks so much!

Comments

• Hi, lauralai. What about wheatgrass? Also, dandelion tea is a great liver cleanse. Sending you and your husband all the best for his recovery. It takes a lot of courage!

• ambiguousambiguous Raw Newbie

Any greens and beets. Carrots are a great start. Consider also taking it easy on fats for a while. Congratulations to your husband and best of luck!

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

Lemon and cranberry juices are great for liver support. All the best to both of you!

• greeniegreenie Raw Newbie

lauralai,

Hot water with juice of half a lemon first thing in the morning cleanses the liver. So do GREENS! Green smoothies will help a lot, as will fresh ripe fruit. And the herb milk thistle will cleanse and rebuild the liver.

If possible, have him avoid bad fats – that is, fats that are cooked, rancid, or animal. Eating less fat right now is good, but avocados, good raw coconuts or coconut oil are ok.

• Many blessings to you both and I think that it is wonderful that you are looking at recovery from many angles.

The book by Victoria Boutenko, “12 Steps to Raw Foods: How to End Your Dependency on Cooked Foods” gives amazing correlation to eating and other 12-step program. personally, I don’t agree eith her opinion that cooked foods is the most difficult dependency to kick, but much of what she discusses (especially in Part 2) might be useful to you guys…even if he has no plans of eating raw. You can get it on Amazon, etc.

Hopes this helps. :) HC