question about the aloe plant

Love4LifeLove4Life Raw Newbie

Hello everyone! had a question as to how you use the aloe plant? I have seen a thread on here, but can’t find it so i thought i’d ask here. Do you break off the ‘stems’ and just eat them or throw them in with your smoothies? I think i read they had a bitter taste, would that dampen in a smoothie? I have used aloe on sunburns and most recently (srry if this is way to personal…) i’ve been trying it in my personal area as i’m raw (not in the good way :(!) down there to see if that helps…i’ll let you know. Also, what are the benifits of putting aloe in smoothies or just eating it ?
thanks everyone in advance
christina

Comments

• As far as I know, you scrape out the gel inside the leaf and eat/drink/use that part – I dont’ know about the outer part – probably doesn’t taste good. I’d say you COULD put the aloe gel into a smoothie, it would be really good for you and aid with digestion.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Hi Love4Life~ I think the thread you are looking for aloe vera… what next?. I mentioned in there, there is lots of good stuff in Aloe. However, if you want to get the active ingredient (mannose) that is necessary for healing (that you have seen with your sunburn), it is only present when freshly cut. Feel free to contact me if you would like a suggestion for your personal issue.

• Most nutritious when you juice the whole thing, but it is slimy. I take a med-to-lrg leaf and juice it and add carrots to make 16 oz. At first it was disgusting, but it grows on you esp as you detoxify. Anytime I have lots of fresh aloe vera leaves available, I juice it daily with carrots. I also have eaten the peeled white pulp in pieces. And taken the white pulp and blended in a blender, and eat it with a spoon. But there are tons of nutrients in the green part so I prefer to juice the whole leaf.