Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tea?

So, does anyone here object to drinking tea being raw? If so, why?

Comments

• i drink herbal teas sometimes. but i stay away from caffeinated teas, just because i don’t want to start a habit. i get hooked on caffeine really easily.

it’s one of those things, i think, that depends on how you look at it. to me, it’s only tea: it doesn’t really require too much digestion! if you added agave or honey to it whilst it was piping hot, you might risk damaging the enzymes in those, but really…a tablespoon? it’s not that big of a deal to me right now. but i do go through phases where i really want to be as strict as possible. just to torture myself i guess…;-)

i don’t like to drink anything super-hot, though…if it could burn my tongue, i shouldn’t be drinking it. i like warm tea…and if i’m going to add anything to it, i usually do it when it’s warm. just to be safe.

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

Some people say that tea makes the body acidic, but I’m not worried about it. I drink it, not everyday, but when I feel like it.

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

From what I’ve read, only black and green teas are acid forming, not herbals. They are nowhere near as bad as coffee

• Thanks for the response. Right now, with the exception of tea, I’m pretty much 100% raw. I stick to the herbal teas that are caffeine free. Giving up coffee was my last hurdle and the withdrawal was awful. I don’t want to risk having to experience that again.

jamestheraw, you pretty much summed up my attitudes. So knowing that some others are drinking tea, any ideas on what might be the healthiest to be drinking? I’ve certainly read that Green Tea is a cancer preventative but are there any others that people love and are healthy?

• Rooibos (red tea) is my favorite! It is caffeine free and loaded with antioxidants including SOD (super oxide dismutase) which is one of the best anti-oxidants for your body. It also has alpha hydroxy acids so I also make it for a face rinse to exfoliate dead skin cells. It is deep ruby red in color and slightly sweet tasting. I love it! Green and white teas are also great but have some caffeine.

• I enjoy dandelion tea for its liver cleansing properties and its taste. I also recreate a tea at the market, lemon ginger by squeezing a lemon and cutting some ginger slices into a cup of hot water. Settles my stomach and warms me up from the inside out. I too, drink tea and am not fanatic about its lack of rawness. My point is to feel good about what I put into my body and herbal teas make me feel good.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I drink green tea, just a cup a day. Like mmtol I also had major coffee withdrawals so I switched to my one cup of green tea and don’t miss java at all

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

i drink herbal tea occasionally, there is this great line of whole-leaf artisan tea called “mighty leaf”, they come in little silk pouches, and the tea is DELICIOUS. i normally drink chamomile-citrus tea unsweetened.

• Congratulations on your coffee hurdle, mmtol! It feels good. I too drink tea. I consider my medicinal teas as an essential part of my health care. I pick nettles and dry them for a wonderful tea. And I add other medicinals, wildcrafted here on the island. I feel it is important to be in touch with local plants, especially the ones that are healing.

• I love herbal tea! Preferably, of course, without caffeine. I think white and green tea are so good for you as for antioxidants and besides, I think nice warm water going into your body is very cleansing. When we wash dishes we use hot water and it cleans the dishes much more effectively rather than using cold water, right? I think it’s a bit of the same principle.
    Chamomile tea (calming and soothing) is so nice right before bed and I love peppermint (which is very good for digesting).

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

tea= longevity
    That is my opinion! Green tea, is perfect for any time of the day. Even though it does have caffeine, the amount is very low. Green tea has been used for thousands of years for health and longevity. Just make sure you do not boil the water. Another great immunity tea is made from the bark of Pau D’ Arco.

• I drink peppermint tea everyday. Whether it makes me technically raw or not, I don’t care. It feels positive,and aids digestion. I love it and still consider myself raw.