Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Sore throat

I’ve been raw for 19 days now and these last couple days I’ve been waking up with a sore throat and about five or ten minutes later it’s totally gone. Does anyone know why that would be happening? Just thought it a little odd.

Comments

• Not sure about the raw throat but everyone goes through detox in a different way. I totally dried out when I went raw. My hands were completely cracked for a while even though my water intake was much higher than before. What do you eat at night?

• ajcajc Raw Newbie

It might be a little bit of reflux??
    As mmtol has suggested maybe review what you are eating at night.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i was also going to say reflux. do you leave enough time to digest before going to bed?

• Hmmmm, I don’t know. I haven’t gotten rid of the habit of snacking before bed yet (a childhood tradition), sometimes it’s nuts, a smoothie, almond milks, raw ice-creams, I like prunes and dates…never the same really. But it could be the quality of the food I eat. Our family can’t afford everything to be completely organic ( I wish) so there are things I eat that aren’t organic obviously. I don’t know. I didn’t have a sore throat this morning, so it really doesn’t make sense. Lately I’ve been forgetting to drink water in all the busy-ness.
    pianissima, how much time do you leave before bed for digesting? I normally don’t make it an issue. If I want a snack, then I’ll have one. :0) But one of my projects will be to stop eating soon after supper, I know it’s a good habit to develop, very much so.

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

Hey Sky Princess, I don’t know where you live, but i was wondering if you have been using your heat, especially electric heat. i have had problems in the past and thought it was related to food, but i later identified it as related to using the heat. also, sometimes using the heater, especially space heaters, whirl up dust, which you might have a reaction to as well. just a thought.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

ah. yes. RCBAlive, especially if you have a heater that pushes out dry air (which my old house does) instead of something like a radiator. i use to use my humidifier at night. you can get a cheap one at walgreens or the like.

i think 1-3 hrs before bed is a good time frame. at least an hour. if that’s too little, bump it up. i’m not sure if it will help your throat, but it’ll be better for your digestive system.

• Yah, where I live is exceptionally dry, known for it really. I often use a humidifier in my room. Need to do it more often I guess.

• something to consider might be allergies. i recently got allergy tested and found out i am REALLY allergic to dustmites. i am always waking up congested and stuffy, and sometimes with a sore throat that disappears about 15 minutes after i wake up. i usually get itchy when i am in bed as well. my allergist recommended that i purchase special pillowcases and sheets that protect you from dustmites….so allergies is something for you to think about….

• You didn’t say dry or raw, but sore. which is it? All of the other responses would apply to a different type of sore throat. A hard to swallow, swollen gland type and sore down into the neck is one of the detox symptoms I have experienced several times, and now I recognize it when it happens.It goes away quickly now, compared to the first few times when I didn’t know what it was or what to do. If it is that type it is a lymph drainage symptom of detoxing.

• There could be lots of reasons but two things that can be excellent for sore throats is to drink 1 quart to 1/2 gallon a day of organic red raspberry tea. It is excellent for pulling mucus out of the body as well as aiding sore throats. I like it cool rather than hot. Also increasing daily raw garlic intake by pressing a clove into each salad you make and adding 1 or more cloves to each vegetable drink. It is very anti-parasitic and anti-toxin. You said you snack at night. Don’t. Just eat dinner, if later you want to snack, make a fresh vegetable juice only. Hope this helps.

• No, I don’t have allergies…but I’m quite certain the cause of it…is when I eat something not strictly raw before bed. At least, I’m thinking that’s it. But it hasn’t happened for a quite a while now, yay! But when it did it was more dry/sore if that makes sense.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

A sore throat in the morning that goes away after a while is symptomatic of sinus drainage during the night. The mucous drains into the throat and irritates the lining. The you either get it out or swallow it. Once the mucous is not there to irritate the throat, it return to normal. It could also be reflux for the same reason, acid that irritates the linin of the throat.