Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw food photo section

Just an idea…I think it would be fun to have a little section of raw food photos, not recipes connected to the pictures neccesarily, but just gorgeous raw food pics to scroll through and inspire…whether it be someone on Gone Raw’s creation, a raw chef somewhere’s idea, or pics on the web of raw food. For myself, I love just seeing a picture of raw food beautifully done and then try to copy it somehow. Inspiring to create your own recipes. :) Just a little thought.

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i like this idea a lot. visual “recipes” are best for me anyway. i second this!

• I agree. When we first put the site out, I had a feature whereby you could view a slide show of all the recipe pictures, and if you saw one you liked, you click on it and it takes you to that recipe page.

Not exactly what you’re talking about, but if you’re interested, I could dig up the code and put it back on here!

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

i think we should have 2 pics for our profiles, before and after :)

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

ray that slideshow thing is a GREAT idea!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I like the sideshow idea too.

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

I third that idea, slide show thing would be great.

• Great idea and the before and after pics would also be very interesting to see!!

• Those are all great ideas!!!

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

love photos, but then always want to know how they are made! :) Great idea…maybe just a tiny description below each?

• i like that idea too.

• anyone can start a photo thread. Just start a thread of like, raw plates, raw spreads, or just raw related. I think it would be great to have a photo archive. We are here to promote raw food and health, and maybe that would help lots of newbies to explore the joy of raw!

• i also think a nice gallery would add a good deal of sexyness to goneraw (raw food websites tend to be rather dorky..). ray – you can see great examples of css libraries that are very aesthetic here:
    http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/

also, while you’re at it – i would add the much needed “categories” – or enhance the tag system so the hummus,pasta recipes are somehow together… then we could view the gallery for each tag.. (after all hummus and ice cream isn’t the greatest food combo).

peace!

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

I also think it would be a good idea to have a before and after photo gallery.

• IsisDCIsisDC Raw Newbie

What an awesome idea. I did a foto progression of sprouting lentils and have been looking for a place to post them.

Keep us posted!

• coconuttycoconutty Raw Newbie

Ray I like the slideshow idea… that’d be neat, I like to view pics and then be able to click on them to see the recipe!

• Ray…I think the slideshow idea is great. Hope you are working on it now. I think being able to access the recipe after seeing the picture is a must because it would be frustrating to see a beautiful picture but not know how to duplicate it.