Pilates?

Do any of you guys do pilates? If so, what are some benefits that you’ve experienced since doing them? (I’m not an expert by any means, but I love pilates!)

Comments

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

i have in the past. but i never enjoyed it as much as yoga.

if you love it, it’s a GREAT form of exercise. have you tried the original “reformer” classes?

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

I’m a fan of pilates, it’s especially good for toning lower abs and the core in general.

• PonyGirlPonyGirl Raw Newbie

I am hooked on my yoga-pilates routine. For years I went to the Y, ran, lifted, worked out hard, but have gained more strength and flexibility from the yoga-pilates. I generally do my routine like power yoga, fast enough that it gets my heart beating hard and makes me sweat. I do recommend starting out easy and being warm. I don’t use any equipment, just my mat and my own body. It’s great also if you are fortunate enough to have access to a reformer. I am sorry that I suspended my yoga practice in my 30’s, resuming it in my 50’s. Now at 60, I am strong and fit, but have not yet been able to wrap my legs around my neck as I used to! :)

• No, I haven’t tried “reformer” classes. Where I live it wouldn’t be available. I just have a fun DVD I like to work with, but I’m still very much in the beginner stage. :)
    I really feel it’s helped make me stronger and more supportive, for my back and my stomach muscles (the core). When I’m sitting in a chair with no back, I have way more support.