Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Feel like I'm eating a lot

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Hey everyone, I’m still new to RAW and am trying to find out what works best for me. I spent about six months frequently fasting and am now enjoying pure raw foods. But I just feel like I eat so much of it. Is this normal? I eat as many greens as I can manage, lots of spinach and broccoli and various vegetables, but I get sugar and snack cravings so I overeat on the fresh fruit, dried fruit and nuts, particularly walnuts. It just seems like I eat a lot of food. I know I’m still transitioning, but still, I don’t want to gain weight.

Should I just re-up my focus on greens?

Any help welcome.

Comments

• Hi, My husband and I experienced this type of feeling. We overdid it on cashews and at one point I ate almost a whole jar of maple syrup butter but later it lost its appeal. I think until you get to a place where FOOD isn’t the huge focus in our lives that it seems to be with so many people, and yes I was one of them, and until you find a place that you are getting optimal nutrition then you will feel like this. But over time you feel satisfied and you find that bit of a comfort zone. I remember days when my husband would be like a crazy man, needing food, and acting anxious, mad, etc. until he got a fix. Now we both can go long periods of time without eating, eat when we feel hungry, and if no food available have the knowledge that we will survive until the next meal or snack, even if that means hours and hours.

I gained some weight when I was eating alot of cashews but as soon as I cut them down significantly or totally out for a week or two I lose most of it. I definitely feel better and more stable if I have my green juice in am and nice salad in late afternoon.

Cajcookie

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

You know, now that it’s colder I find that I feel the need to eat more… If you don’t ‘overeat’, causing discomfort, and only eat when you’re hungry, it’s usually ok. Just make sure to listen to your body and not just stuff your face till it hurts ;c)

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

About how long does the it take to get to the point of not needing so much darn food and not overeating certain things? Is it different for everyone or does it tend to be around a common timeframe?

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Just like about everything else, it is different for everyone.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I think my first year raw was the most I have ever eaten in my life. My poor body was just going crazy wanting this real food for the first time ever. I felt like a half starved animal just getting fed properly for the first time.

It calmed down after the first year.But I do eat more in the winter than the summer, but that is normal for even SAD eaters.

Once your mucoid plaque (Google image search that phrase if you dare!!)has been broken down and dissolved more and more you will absorb more nutrients from your food and the desire to stuff it all in will gradually subside. The more quickly you detox, then the quicker this process is.

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi Zoe, how did you do to passed on the mucoid plaque? I’ve heard about blessed herbs?Have you heard about it? How do you get it? Or do you have any other way to pass the mucoid plaque?

• Lucy, I also passed mucoid plaque and was downright stunned when it occured. All I did was eat salads, fruits and soaked seeds (pumpkin, sunflower; plain) for snacks for two weeks. At night I would stop eating at 7pm and take a tablespoon of ABC powder (sold at most Health Food Stores for around $20.00) mixed with water. If I’m not mistaken it sticks to the mucoid plaque and forces it to be removed through your bowels. It took me about a week of doing this to pass the nastiest thing I had ever seen. I continued for another week and a half until my bowels started to stabilize…

I did this because of extreme acne (this is what intrigued my interest into natural health and eventually raw food) and my research about what being on antibiotics for many years does to your intestinal tract. Best wishes to you and wishing you great health!

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Wow!!! Thanks Seize. I’ll do that definitelly.

• StefunkStefunk Raw Newbie

Seize-Did the ABC powder help with the acne? My introducing raw foods into my diet made my HAVE acne and now I need to get rid of it!

• What is mucoid plaque. I’m very new to this.

• Stefunk – The ABC powder actually made my acne worse but that is ok! That means your body is successfully cleaning itself. My advice to clear it up faster than anything is to accelerate the cleaning process and you can do that by making yourself green smoothies/drinks everyday. I’m talking mustard greens, collard greens, spinach, lettuce (romaine preferably), dandelion, wheat grass, etc. You may blend them with fruit of your choice and water (I usually use 2 cups for the consistency of the drink that I like). Be sure to drink it slowly and still ‘chew’ it around in your mouth for optimal absorption of nutrients. :)

Auntsissy – Mucoid Plaque is undigested fecal matter that has accumulated along the walls of the intestines that just sits there and releases toxins into your body. The longer you have eaten processed foods/taken prescription or non-prescription medications the more that is probably inside you. Think of a clogged drain as your intestines and think of ABC powder as the Drano.

• I’d like to know what’s ABC powder and where can I find it, pls!

• BTW, I’m feeling the same way you do MOTH. I’ve had cravings even though I drank green smoothies. Maybe it’s just the weather… or the holiday stress but I’ve been eating a lot too and not really raw either.

• Nezumi – I purchased the ABC colon cleanse powder at my local health food store, but you can also get it on this website: http://www.allholistichealth.com/site/523202/pr…

Here’s to great health! :)

• Does the mucoid plaque pass when you are on the Master Cleanse?

• I did the master cleanse a while ago but I didn’t notice any mucoid plaque come out and judging from the pic on google, I couldn’t have miss that! I’ve heard about the Ultimate Cleanse which is the same as the Master Cleanse plus the use of bentonite shakes and bath. The bentonite is suppose to get rid of the mucoid plaque. I didn’t find any info on the Ultimate Cleanse yet. Does someone have any input on the UC?

• StefunkStefunk Raw Newbie

Seize, thanks for the advice. I have taken a step back from raw foods and the acne isn’t getting better so I should go full force again. It was good to hear that from someone else though!

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Stefunk,my cousin that is a SAD eater started drinking cucumber juice every morning and his acne is completly gone.Another thing is enemas with clorophila,spirulina ,or wheat grass.

• Nezumi Is it possible that the mucoid plaque could be broken down by the herbal tea before you flush it out with the salt water in the a.m.? I am on day 3 of the Master Cleanse and I have passed some mucus looking stuff (sorry if t.m.i.) but it wasn’t like those pics online. It was broken down. Just wondering…

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Just being 100% raw with no special cleanses breaks down mucoid plaque.

Mucoid plaque is made whenever cooked food is eaten, it is the body protecting it’s digestive system from the harmful cooked food.
    When you stop eating cooked food it stops being produced and what it already there dissolves away.

• Thanks seize for the info. That makes me want to cleanse. That’s gross! I need to get that ABC powder.

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

Seize: when you did the ABC cleanse, did you just do the powder for ten days, or did you do the whole system? I have been thinking about doing a colon cleanse for a while now, I have been raw for a year and a half, but I still think there may be stuff in there I want to eliminate. Do you think it is worth it to buy the cleanse?

• modhinamodhina Raw Newbie

water
    water and more water is my answer for clearing up acne.
    Also a good amount of natural sweating while exercising is good to clean out the lymph. I definitely think that keeping up eating raw or mostly raw keeps my skin clear and healthy. Coffee and other sorts of caffeine as well as the monthly hormone changes during my cycle seem to effect my skin.