Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Question about weight and being the same

LucyLucy Raw Newbie

I have a question.I’ve been having green and fruit juice 32oz every morning and almost eating nothing.Sometimes I eat a fruit,a salad,a green soup,but I was eating a lot of tahini latelly. I am doing a lot of enemas because of my liver cleaning wich is making me feel wonderful and my digestion is getting better and better. I walk 45 min to 1 hour every day on my treadmill and I got a rebounder that I was doing 5 to 10 minutes a day. So,I gained 10 pounds,do you believe that? Some of my paints are tight but the majority is ok,and my t-shirts and sweaters are ok. Looks like I am getting some muscle.It is a weird situation. What’s happening to me?Could somebody help me?I would like to go back to my “normal” weight.

Comments

• You might try measuring yourself instead of weighing yourself. If you are looking to “fit in” to a standard height/weight and you want to look toned and healthy – it might not work. Many people who are extremely healthy are too “heavy” for their height. That is because they have muscle mass and not fat. And…muscle weighs more than fat, so you are just probably becoming toned.
    Maybe purcahse an inexpensive scale with water percentage and fat percentage. Those, along with measurements, are better tools to see how healthy you truly are.
    Hope this helps ease your mind.

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Thanks Mamadetaberu. Yes,you did help me a lot.I was getting a little crazy seeing my weight going up and everything the same with my clothe.Another thing,my face is getting round like when I was adolecent,weird!!! I had a very thin face and now it is getting round and my chicks are getting red,my eyes are getting lighter,just a huge transformation.I have to prepare for the new me that I didn’t expect.
    Thanks again.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Hi Lucy~ I trained for a marathon some years ago (the couch potato to finishing a marathon program). I did not lose one pound! However, at the time, leggings were in and I was wearing a pair when a family friend commented on how unbelievably muscular my legs were. I was one of the few in that program (there was like one other person every recorded that didn’t lose any weight in the program and he was a major beer drinker). Boy did I have some defined legs though. So if your pants are tighter around the thighs and your thighs are muscular/leaner, rejoice. I second namadetaberu… go with how you feel (feeling healthy?) and what size you are (leaness), not your weight. FYI… Muscle is actually twice the weight per same mass as fat.

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Thanks Bluedolfin. It is weird though.You are completly right.My husband thinks that I am dramatizing because I still the same,but it is the first time that I do not loose weigh but gained it and still the same.Did you feel strange not loosing any nummber? I feel amazingly healthy,and looks like I am coming back to my teenagers years and that feels scary.That’s it!!!I feel scary. Found the the word.Changing is scary.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Lucy~ Drama Queen, you? LOL Yes, I did “feel strange.” Again, another example of how each body is different. The trap is to compare with others and take the comparison seriously. Just another odd (unique?) duck moment… and yes, changing can be scary especially when it starts to open doors of opportunity. :)

• DelphineDelphine Raw Newbie

Hi Lucy : )
    To me too, it sounds like you are gaining muscle mass which means nothing to worry about. As far as your scale, just give it away as it is not a reliable source. Measuring yourself is indeed better. Your inner feeling is truly the best.
    I used to be a professional dancer, my body looked much bigger then, it was only muscles mass ; ). So take a deep breath & rejoice : )
    May this be helpful

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Hi Lucy, for what its worth ( and altho’ I think its muscle mass you are gaining) too much tahini may be the culprit. I eat much like you but when I get a hankering for tahini I gain weight immediately. Strangely this does not happen with other blended seeds/nuts.

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Bluedolfin,I might be a huge Drama Queen and I had never realized that.I have to get used to “health and young looking” change.This is great!!Thanks.

Delphine,I am so hang up on my scale that it will be hard to let it go.Evryone tells me to give it away.I’ll measure myself much more so I’ll forget the scale,and trust like you said,in my inner feelings.Thanks.

Marichiesa,yes tahini is the one to blame.I LOVE tahini but I am going to give it a break for a while. Thanks.

Thanks guys,I’m going to get use to the change.It is good and scary at the same time.

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

Lucy, can you give some more details on the liver cleanse you do? thanks! (is it the grapefruit one?) and also, how often do you do it?

• Tahini I heard causes weight gain in people with typeB blood types. It also a food that is not alway raw.

• Hi Lucy, I also encourage you to get rid of your scales. I dropped at least 2 sizes and my weight hardly changed at all. I do weights and look a lot lot leaner and I just cannot be bothered to check the scales again. If you gain muscle, that is all the better because they will gradually devour your fat.

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi Newbie,I do the liver cleansing by Andreas Morritz on his book The amazing liver and gallbladder cleanse. I do it twice a month,well you wait 2 weeks and than start drinking apple juice or cramberry juice 32 oz, or 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and 32 oz water for 6 days and on the 6th day you do the cleanse.I’ll do my 8th one on january.I feel great!! You do until you have no stones left.
    http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?p=255…
    This is Alissa Cohen’s liver cleanse that is practically the same as Andreas Morritz but she adds 10 drops of black walnut tincture for parasite on the oil+grapefruit juice.I hope you like it.For me it’s been a blessing.

Hi All4Raw,thanks,I’ll check on my blood type,I’m not sure,but I might be.Unfortunatelly I have to stop eating too much tahini,that I love so much.

Hi Hoopinhun,thanks,I’ll get rid of the scale.Very hard though,but I’m going to start to measure myself.I had to stop pilates,yoga and weights because of my back problem,but now seems that I’m getting fine.I’ll come back with the pilates first,and that will help.
    Thank you.