Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

HOW was your xmas din din??

MERRY xmas!
i know essentially xmas is not about how much raw you ate but about being with people you love and care about. but…
To what extent did you guys have a successful raw xmas? any scrumptious dishes you made?...please feel free to share your experiences and what you did!
i made a killer salad with leaves avos..etc..festive nuts and cranberries drizzled with awesome hazlenut & cider dressing. all wolfed down by anti veganists!

Comments

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

I made trifle to begin with and ate half of that. Then I had kale and watercress leaves that I marinated in a tomato sauce overnight. The rest of the day I nibbled on coconut cookies I had made and then had pizza as my main food. One apple. A few flax crisps. Pretty much it! Merry Christmas.

• i show up to christmas eve dinner at my aunt’s as the only raw one and she surprised me with zucchini pasta with tomato sauce and these very yummy lettuce wraps! i am very lucky to have such a supportive family! for dessert i brought Zoe’s walnut cream cake. so good!!

• Oh, what a wonderful surprise I had for Christmas dinner. Like jackiev, my dear non-raw daughter-in-law looked for raw recipes on the internet to add to her turkey dinner so I would have a wonderful time too. She made nori rolls full of shredded carrots, avocado, cucumber. And she got raw chocolate, almonds, agave nector and made lovely chocolate treats. I made cherry tomatoes stuffed with raw hummus and sunflower seed cheese. And pate with avocado mayo rolled up in kale and collard leaves. A huge green salad and a lovely raw fruit salad were added to the meal of mashed potatoes, stuffing and turkey. It was fun to see the usually non-raw eaters loving the raw treats. So good, so magical.

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Sounds great. It’s so good to go to family and be catered for!

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

I worked all Christmas eve (all afternoon and evening) and day. So no real Christmas dinner pour moi. But I really don’t feel too bad about that. Matt went to his mom’s for those days and pigged out on a lot of junk his stomach doesn’t appreciate him for…
    On Christmas day, he came by my work and brought us our Christmas dinner (he already had a big one at his mom’s so couldn’t be much)- baby spinach salad with avocado and tomatoes and vinegar dressing, some crackers I made we had leftover, and I made http://goneraw.com/recipes/7-Banana-Crepe so he brought those for dessert.
    Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t want any more of a Christmas… It wasn’t a good one for many other reasons and I have never celebrated it until I moved out here. I guess having a modest Christmas meal together at the hotel, constantly interrupted by phone calls and guests is our Christmas tradition :c)

• pearjoypearjoy Raw Newbie

I pigged out on fruit. I had this http://goneraw.com/recipes/2252-Ginger-Lemon-Me… with a big plate of food (handful of organic pineapple, 2 handfuls of green grapes, a sliced red bell pepper…maybe two of those haha…two baby carrots, two slices of cucubmer and two broccoli tops). I finished around the same time as my cooked counterparts and didn’t even look at their plates once…so happy and satisfied ahhh!! While we were talking after dinner I had a spinach, pineapple, ginger and lime smoothie to re-alkalize. I don’t think it’s great food combining but I still feel great as I type this! Later in the evening I had http://goneraw.com/recipes/2222-Fruit-Frumenty for desert and it really hit the spot (man it was good). I felt so joyful the whole night, I LOVE raw food.