Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Answer to Newbie about liver cleanse

LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi Newbie,I do the liver cleansing by Andreas Morritz on his book The amazing liver and gallbladder cleanse. I do it twice a month,well you wait 2 weeks and than start drinking apple juice or cramberry juice 32 oz, or 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and 32 oz water for 6 days and on the 6th day you do the cleanse.I

Comments

• I have that book also. Lucy, do you follow the cleanse with a colonic as well? just curious

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Hi Lucy, mango. I’m also following the Moritz method. I’ve done 6 so far. The 3rd one was when I actually saw some stones but haven’t seem much since. Next one in a week or two.

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

sweetpea, would love to know how it works, we’ve been thinking about doing this sometime this year, to start the year on the right foot :)

• MopokeMopoke Raw Newbie

Hello. I love the way liver flushing can make you feel! :) When I started on raw, (early 2007) I also started doing the Hulda Clark liver flush which is posted very exactly on the curezone site along with pix of the results. First one nothing much happened, a month later a huge flush of stones, and I felt brilliant, the next not much but a calified stone was flushed and the by the next, about six weeks later my liver had got used to what was going on and had loaded up the gallbladder with more than 100 stones…I could practically feel the lumps and did the flush after it got so crowded one of the stones got pushed out whithout the flush (ouch).
    Since then I’ve felt heaps better, digestion incredibly improved etc etc but did another flush about two months back and it just made me ill with no stones… I have no idea why.

• I am holding off doing the liver flush because of what he says about taking colonic afterwards just to make sure all the stones released flushed out of the intestines. Lucy and sweetpea, did you feel the need to do them at all? Rawmama, I would suggest getting the Andreas Moritz book. It is a real eye opener!! Although there are other liver flush pocedures around the net I learned a heck of a lot about the liver through this book.

x

Popular subject after xmas!!

Um, the first flush I did a colonic afterwards and nothing much came out. I find that on the 2nd day the body gets rid of most of the debris. Being raw for 6 years I have done colonics and enemas alot. When i do the liver flush I like to do a coffee enema on the 2nd or 3rd day and may do a herbal one another day or two after that if I feel I need it. The epsoms cause such a clearing of the bowel on the first day that you feel pretty clear in the bowel. Staying at home is wise!
    I truly recommend getting the book for full details about the liver and its functions and there are alot of testimonials from people who have done them which is helpful. The liver flush by Andreas is the same as the hulda clark version with the epsoms and grapefruit juice. Fasting from about 2pm and flushing at 10pm, lying down immediately. Epsoms at 6pm, 8pm and 6am and 8am the following morning to expand the ducts properly. I also like to have a castor oil pack over the liver after taking the oil.

5-7 days prior to flush, you need to lighten your diet and take apple juice or ACV. Eating lots of apples and radishes is good too.

• MopokeMopoke Raw Newbie

This book sounds interesting.
    Sweetpea I would like to ask you,(or others) given your experience with the epsom salts-based liver cleanses, have you noticed the epsom dries you out, after the flushes, for some days… It is something that has become progressively more noticeable with me after each flush. An ayurvedic practitioner said that the following day castor oil can be used instead of epsom for the final two doses but I have never tried it.

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi Little Mango, colonic is very expensive and so I do a lot of enemas with black walnut tincture,cloves,wormwood,8 dropps each.It is very good for parasite cleanse.Or an enema with just water (good water)is good too.

Sweetpea, to have a great result with the stones I have:
    1 lemon juice,1 C water,1 Tablesp olive oil and cayenne pepper every day during the 6 day before the cleanse.I have also 32 oz water and 4 Tablesp. apple cider vinegar for the 6 days too.

Mopoke,I have never had problems with epson salt.I’ve heard about the castor oil,but I’ve never done it.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Lucy~ Do you eat regularly for the 6 days prior and have your special drink or do you just have your special drink and no food during that time?

Hi Lucy, thanks for the tip. I would have thought that taking oil everyday beforehand would spoil the potency of the flush??

Incidently, I’m prepping now for a flush next Monday. Eating pretty normally except adding in the odd glass of acv in warm water. Need to lay off the raw chocolate though as I find it pretty clogging!

sweetpea~ No chocolate? I bleed chocolate! No chocolate, blood volume goes down to low. That settles it, no cleanse for me. ;)

Hey bluedolfin, just skipping the cacao butter stuff, I’ll still probably be dipping my bananas into the powder!!

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi Bluedolfin,very welcome!!! I do kidney cleanse too with herbs from
    www.presentmoment.com (go to Andreas Morritz category)
    it really works,or if you can find some avocado leaves and make a tea with it (32 oz water with 5 leaves)that is good too.
    After 5 liver cleanse it is good to clean the kidney.
    After every liver cleanse I do almost 1 week of enemas with filter water(warm and cold,never icy),or with msm, or clorophila,wheat grass,or black walnut tincture,clove and worm wood for parasite.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD1QzlKkz_s
    This video from kate Wood is amazing,about enemas.Sorry,I completly forgot that.She teaches everything about enemas.It is one of my favorites videos.She is very knowleged.Hope you like it.

Hi Lucy~ Thank you for the info. :)

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi Bluedolfin,very welcome!!! I do kidney cleanse too with herbs from
    www.presentmoment.com (go to Andreas Morritz categories)
    it really works,or if you can find some avocado leaves and make a tea with it (32 oz water with 5 leaves)that is good too.
    After 5 liver cleanse it is good to clean the kidney.
    After every liver cleanse I do almost 1 week of enemas with filter water(warm and cold,never icy),or with msm, or clorophila,wheat grass,or black walnut tincture,clove and worm wood for parasite.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD1QzlKkz_s
    This video from kate Wood is amazing,about enemas.Sorry,I completly forgot that.She teaches everything about enemas.It is one of my favorites videos.She is very knowleged.Hope you like it.

Hi Lucy~ I don’t think I’m ready for the “cleansing” plung. I need to do more research on it. I have many questions. Like how does one know that these things are truely cleansing the intended organ/system and is it doing harm/challenging to another system? How did someone come up with these concoctions? You have obviously done whatever research you needed to go forward with it and you are seeing beneficial results. Thank you for being open about your experience and generous with your knowledge.

As a side issue… it is interesting to me to see what I hesitate about and what I do, at times, blindly…

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi Bluedolfin,I never did any research.When I heard about the liver cleanse I though that it would be ok for me to do it, and also I didn’t think I had stones.When I did my first cleanse I had 400 stones.I counted them.Plain crazy!!!! I was so surprised that I couldn’t wait to do that again,and my 2nd one was about 300 stones and foam from the gallbladder and colesterol,that made me literaly a believer about the liver cleanser.My 3rd,4th,5th,and 6th ones were the same,with a lot of stones (greens,browns and black -greens are the new ones,browns and blacks are the old ones).My 7th one I had for the first time some white ones that are the calcifieded ones from years and years ago.
    Ah! On my 5th one I had stones about 5 centimeters(2.5 inches). And every time I do it I feel better and better with my digestion,my oily skin is gone completly,warts are going away and my skin looks great.
    The only thing is that when you do your first one you have to continuing to do it until it finishes,meaning at least 9 to 10 times.
    It is a long term comitment,about 6 to 8 months.And after you clean your liver completly you have to do 2 cleanses a year forever.

If you don’t want to do it,the best think is to have every morning:1C water,1/2 lemon juice,1 T olive oil,and cayenne pepper. Than you will clean your liver little by little without the cleanse.

Hi Lucy, I tried the lemon oil drink in the morning and I think I got a kind of mini flush. Had some discomfort too. I find I am much better not taking the oil at all until I do the main cleanse with epsoms to ease things. It really works though if you just want a quick cleanse without doing the whole thing.

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi Sweetpea,that’s ok.I do this all the time and,like you said it’s a mini cleanse. Maybe I got used to the lemon,oil and cayenne.Sorry that didn’t work for you.I’m trying to clean completly my liver and those mini cleanse work a lot for me.

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

Lucy,
    thanks for this thread! I missed it the first time as I was away on travel for the holidays. I definitely want to do a cleanse and will probably gear up for my first one next week – maybe Saturday 1/5/08? I need to review all of the info and make sure I have everything I need. Thanks again! I can’t wait :-)

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Newbie,good luck and Happy New Year !!!

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

Happy New Year to you too!!! Thanks for all of your help throughout last year – I appreciate your support (and everyone else’s too). :-)