Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hi I'm new here!

ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I love this website and am very very happy to be here. I’m Zoe and I live in Merseyside in the UK. I have a raw husband and cat. I have been raw for a couple of years and 100% for the last year (minus a few dodgy moments!) I like making gourmet recipes but find myself eating the same yummy kale salad everyday. Since I have been raw it is my emotions and mental state that has changed the most. I am so much happier, calmer and so much more at peace with myself. I was vegan for 10 years eating a diet of mainly potatoes, I was vegan for karma and animal rights reasons, not for health. So eating this way has meant a big change for me. It is lovely to be in contact with so many great people here on this website. So thank you whoever’s site it is – I’m not sure who’s it is, is it Kandace’s site?

Comments

• Welcome to goneraw zoe. That’s great that your cat is all raw. What are you feeding her/him?

James

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Hi Zoe: Welcome to Gone Raw…we’re glad you are here!

I’m not sure who’s it is, is it Kandace’s site?

Ray and I created Gone Raw together when we began to eat raw food. Ray sums up the beginning of that journey quite well in Why I’ve gone raw.

We have a cat as well…I’m really interested to hear what yours eats!

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi Zoe. Welcome. Great meet/write you.I was a vegetarian too for health reasons,but after seen meetyourmeat.com I’ll never go back to eat meat again. I’m very happy beeing raw too,and I hope one day my husband join me completly (now he is about 40% but he gives me full support on my raw journey).Nice hearing about your raw cat.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hi my cat Tonka is very pleased that everyone wants to know about him! I feed him 2 chicken drumsticks-raw and I put them in a plastic bag and hammer them to pieces for him. Only cooked bones are dangerous coz they splinter, raw bones are just fine. And he has a little bit of chicken liver, and I give him some cat vitamins just to make up for the fact that he is not getting any eyeballs, brains, fur etc! He thrives on it, he loves his dinners so, so much. His purrrsonality has come right out since he’s been raw, I wouldn’t do it any other way now. It would break my heart if he ever got ill, so after reading up about feeding natural diets to cats and dogs I really had no option. And it makes sense, canned cat food is awful in comparison,when I read up about it I was horrified.It actually works out cheaper than commercial pet food. I buy a big bag of frozen drumsticks-10 for £1.50 and frozen liver – 50p = so that’s about £2.00 for a 5 day’s supply, and I get the vtamins off the internet.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Hey nice to meet you. Did you hear in the news about the wet food for cats and dogs are killing them. It is a shame. It is in the U.S.A. but you might of heard about it.

• I’m glad to hear that your feeding you cat meat. I was afraid that you might be forcing it to eat vegan and that would not be cool in my opinion. Is it weird constantly handling meat though?

James

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Josec what do you meat about the news story, I haven’t heard about it, I would like to know more. Over here vets have just brought out slimming pils for dogs???? How can they not know about feeding a natural diet? Six years of vets school, what on earth do the learn? Actually handling the meat is ok. It is for Tonka the Cat, so that makes it alright, I know I am doing the best I can for him. I just blank it out and use plastic bags on my hands like gloves! I agree, cats and dogs cannot be vegetrian or vegan, they would have a deficiency, and be unhappy, and probably kill all the birds in the garden! Tonka has never killed anything, I think it is because he is satisfied with his raw meat.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

There was pet food killing the pets. If you don’t feed them the canned food then you should be ok.

Here is one of the recentarticles

This article I just threw in there, it was from a women who was feeding her dog regular food and not dog food.

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Thanks Joesc. That commercial pet food is so bad. Nice to hear the mainstream catching hold of these stories.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I wrote the above, computer was still logged in as chris – my husband, duh!

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Anytime. I thought it was sad that the paticular rat poisoning is not found in the U.S. and it is used in some cancer drugs. That doesn’t make any sense to me.