Decent SAD Restaurants?

Does anyone want to comment on good SAD restaurants that have a few choice RAW items for the weary traveler?

I went out of town over Christmas and ate at a SAD restaurant (Lenny’s in Clearwater off US 19N, open 6am to 3pm) that had a WONDERFUL fruit fiesta salad (4.50). It had chopped fresh strawberries, blackberries, grapes, raspberries, banana, kiwi, and pineapple served in a huge goblet, a good 2 cups worth. The rest of the menu isn’t worth reading if your raw but it’s worth going there if you are traveling with friends or just want a good breakfast. They advertise that they have the “best breakfast in Clearwater”.

My daughter commented “Mom, there’s a lot of fat people eating here!” I ate there three mornings in a row. Fruit could change depending on seasonality.

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Although, not your typical SAD restaurant… it’s close… it’s a cooked restaurant:

Sala Thai or a Thai restaurant. They have garden wraps (but the wrap is not raw nor the dressing). Then, there’s the papaya salad… but, the dressing is not raw either.

Sweet Tomatoes! Oh, I wish we had one HERE!

Anywhere there is a salad bar. Most places offer a green salad or fruit salad. Not the most appetizing choices (at least not for me) since it’s mostly iceburg lettuce.

I always look for a raw restaurant. Or even vegan restaurants may have a raw dish, like Laughing Seed in Asheville, NC (highly recommended place).

• Germin, I have never heard of sweet tomatoes but went to the website and there is one near one of the grocery stores I go to. I am always looking for places where I can go out to eat. What makes it so great?

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

The only SAD restaurant where I have several options of what to put on my salad… big salad buffet with lots of raw ingredients. Of course, nothing organic and nuts aren’t germinated. They have cooked food too.

• Sweet Tomatoes (aka Souplantation)! They have the biggest salad bar I have ever seen and everything is very fresh and beautiful. I also enjoy Thai restaurants although, as germin8 pointed out, the wraps and salads aren’t completely raw…but so yummy!