Raw vegan protein powder shakes

NuttgirlNuttgirl Raw Newbie

I like to add some hemp protein powder to my green smoothies for that extra nutritional benefit. Well, I am almost out of hemp protein powder and was thinking about trying something new. Has anyone ever tried the Raw Power brand of Protein Powder? I noticed that it comes in several flavors. Here is a link: http://www.veganstore.com/vegan-vitamins/protei…

Nutiva also came out with different flavors too. http://nutivahempshake.com/
Has anyone tried their new flavors?

Comments

• I did try Raw Power and, in all honesty found it did indeed help out performance during athletic endeavors. It does have a LOT of varied ingredients, but they seem to be blended in good proportion. I had none of the over-potent Maca effects that I had when using Maca alone. However, if you do fall in love with it, you may want to mix your own, which comes out being much less costly long term.

Regards.

• I use hemp protein powder, RAW Power, and a rice protein powder that is raw. I like the RAW powder the best. It is a little costly, but I think it gives me what I need. The rice powder is great nutritionally, but it’s pretty gritty.

Missi

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

I am a fan of the Raw Power myself. If I’m not mistaken, you can get a deal for buying multiple containers from David Wolfe’s site. Doesn’t hurt to ask, right? Depending on how quickly you go through it, (I imagine it’ll “keep” for a while, especially if you store it properly – maybe in the refrigerator or freezer), you could stock up and maybe save some money.

Cheers!
    Kristen Suzanne

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I have the Nutiva flavors you referenced and I like them all. The shakes get really thick, although I always put a banana in mine. Anyway, they are tasty and filling and to my way of thinking they hit the spot. I bought mine from Amazon.com when they were having a special on them, plus $25.00 off an order of $50.00.

I don’t know if they are considered raw. Do you know? I am not quite so tight on having everything 100% raw. I am going for 95%+. I don’t want to feel deprived when I want something else (although I was eating mostly macrobiotic for the past 2 years and have a palette for that type of food so when I want something non-raw it isn’t something really bad for me). I also don’t want to stress if I can’t find something I want in a raw or organic form. I can only do the best I can do. Although, it would be nice if the Nutiva protein was raw.

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

Hi Dain5000,
    I think your approach is great. Not stressing about it is one the best things you can do for yourself :) Have a great day!