Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Grapefruit Juice Fast

Hi! :) – probably more of a question for the ladies out there

It has been mentioned that Wolfe says to fast on grapefruit juice for three days to help eliminate toxins and reduce cellulite.
I was wondering if anyone has tried this and seen results? or can offer me any advice?

I’m on day 1 -

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• NuttgirlNuttgirl Raw Newbie

How does the grapefruit juice fast work?

• To be honest, I’m not 100% sure (I haven’t read any of David Wolfe’s books).

It’s just been mentioned on several forums that a grapefruit juice fast is effective, and I thought it couldn’t hurt to try. It’s summertime over here which makes it easier :)

• That sounds really interesting, when you learn more about let us know. Three days just on grapefruit juice, wow, I love that drink, but I might hate it in the end. :0) You go girl!

• I’ll keep you updated and try to find some actual information today :) Day two (almost halfway!!)
    I forgot how bad the headaches when your detoxing can be!!

• Day 4 now – i’m going to keep it up until tomorrow i think.
    The results are pretty amazing. although i still have some cellulite its significantly reduced, i’m talking between 50-75% gone – for the first time in 4 years…

I think i’m going to make this fast a monthly thing! I’m just hoping it doesnt come back too soon.

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

How much juice do you have per day? Just like, as much as you can handle? Do you recall how much you had during your fast? Cause I’ve tried fasting on grapefruits and ended up almost passing out from low blood sugar… I think I didn’t have enough, I’m not sure. (Could’ve been a healing crisis as well if you know what I mean…)

• I think I had about 6 a day. Two grapefruits per juice, 3 times a day

• Are you sick of grapefruits yet, RawHoney? Last night I was thinking I might like to try it. Could you tell me all the benefits of it once you’re completely completed. How do you feel?

• I just read about this last night in David Wolfe’s book Eating for Beauty and was thinking of giving it a try. Great time to discover this thread, heh? He also mentions that you can eat the grapefruit too. Now I really want to try this, given your positive results. Good thing I love grapefruit!

Thanks for posting this topic!

• Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but I did start the grapefruit juice fast (on day 5 today), and I do like the results. I was disappointed after 3 days, but this morning I really saw some definite improvement in my thighs! I’ve been battling cellulite forever, and this is the first thing that really seems to work.

I can say that “fasting” on grapefruit juice is tremendously easier than water fasting. I’ve worked out every day this week and don’t feel light-headed or spaced out whatsoever. I also have not felt hungry until today, but I think I will simply drink more juice and just get through the day. I don’t know if I will continue to finish out a whole week though.

I’m glad my local market had a sale on some really beautiful red grapefruit this week! The checker must have thought I was a total kook when I went through her line with 10 of them and nothing else.

• Raw_ChocoholicRaw_Chocoholic Raw Newbie

I also read about this fast in Eating for Beauty I think it’s actually, 3 grapefruit, 2 oranges, 1 lemon, and 1C guava (or pineapple if you don’t have the guava), and the fast should last 3-4 days. I haven’t actually done this fast, but I did drink a lot of that juice when doing Jubb’s cleanse. There was significant improvement in my skin tone – I’m fairly sure the grapefruit drink played a large part. Niacin, rebounding, and skin brushing are also said to help with cellulite.

• This sounds very interesting. Has anyone that has done this also done a regular juice fast or master cleanse? How does it compare detox-wise? I am considering trying this one, especially hearing the great physical benefits as well as it only being 3-4 days. I have a harder time planning for longer fasts since I have social commitments almost every weekend in which food of some sort is involved, but I could do this one during the week. I would love to hear about others’ experiences in this!

• I’m going to do it! Yay! FINALLY! I’ve been wanting to do this forever now, well, it seems like it. You guys are so inspiring.
    You can check out these next three days of grapefruit cleansing at my blog www.rawroyalty.blogspot.com

• keep us updated :)
    I’m going to try for a 5 day-er this time, starting monday as well

• Sounds interesting but I would read the book first. Never do a fast or cleanse without investigating first or it might spell disaster. “Eating For Beauty” by David Wolfe? Are there any others about this grapefruit fast?

Bright Blessings )O(

• Astara, I did a bit of research on it and I want to do a little more. You could call it very similar to a water fast, which never hurted anyone, but I guess it’s almost more of a juice fast for three days really.
    Raw honey, while you do your first day I’ll do my last. Tell us about your experience too. We’re doing it almost together, lol/
    Raw Chocolholic, there is a recipe in that book that is what you wrote down (3 grapefruit, 2 organges, 1 lemon, and 1 cup of guava) but that’s not necessarily the grapefruit cleanse, but very similar. You could easily incorporate that recipe into the cleanse (which I’ll probably do for a change of pace). David Wolfe was suggesting after the recipe to drink it for 3 days and see what good things happen.

• Hi Everyone,

I am a big fan of the “master cleanse” just for the sake of simplicity. I was able to do it and work my normal schedule. It is a great way to detox. I would STRONGLY recommend that anyone who is considering doing a juice fast read Dr. Stephen Bailey “The Fasting Diet” He has been helping people fast for decades and his book is very informative. Not only does he give you step by step for doing a juice fast or master cleanse but he explains the body’s processes while fasting.

My first fast ever was a 3 day juice fast from the book “3 days to vitality” I think that is a great one for the first time if you can give youself 3 days off from work or other things. The 3 day fast is a really good one but require lots of time to prep and juice the veggies.

I have a few more tips about the master cleanser if anyone wants more info.
    www.easytojuice.com

• Hi ya’ll. I tried drinking the grapefruit juice in the morning for a couple of days. I never liked grapefruit juice but it wasn’t as bad this time. Anyway I want to drink it for the fast but I can never get 4 hours drinking it without my stomach hurting so bad. Then I start to get really hungry. Is something wrong with me? Usually in the morning I drink celery juice or a shake and I’m full. I work at 5am in the morning and before I get to work I juice 3 grapfruits and while I’m working I’m sipping on the juice. I literally have to stop drinking the juice because of stomach pain. I’ve done fasts before so not eating doesnt bother me. But I’ve never had this pain in my stomach before. I really want to do this fast. Has anyone else had this problem? I thought grapefruits were low in sugar. Am I having a sugar rush? Thanks for your help.

• Day 1 done! Yay! I adore grapefruits and I’ve felt so awesome all day, but perhaps a little lethargic. I have the oddest feeling right now though, I seriously feel really really full, like too full, like I ate a big meal. One too many grapefruits? Though that sounds unlikely because it’s really just juice. Anyways, I’m loving it and looking forward to tomorrow. I’ll have to be really “sneaky” at lunch, we’re having company and I don’t want them to know I’m doing a cleanse. :0) Super secret Sky Princess.

• I just read about this in David’s book and wanted to give it a try! I would to get rid of the cellulite on my legs! And my friends mom just gave us all this grapfruit from a tree in her yard =) I think I might try to start on Sunday

• JDJD

Talk about timing. I ordered Eating for Beauty 3 days ago and now stumble across this thread. I can’t wait to get started!

• Have fun, pundee. I did it too and really liked it! But I don’t have any cellulite so I didn’t really notice any difference, except for a clean feeling perhaps.

• Hey guys! I am a new member here. A friend of mine told me about this grapefruit juice fast. I just started today. I feel so tired though but I know it will be all worth it in the end. I have been trying forever to do this but I end up cheating because I am all day at college. I can’t wait for the results. I will try my best to stick to the fast. I was wondering, is it better to drink the grapefruit or eat it? I would prefer eating it if it doesn’t make a difference. Please let me know. Thanks!

• ooh, I might try this. I eat a big grapefruit every morning for breakfast…I don’t know what it is but those things seriously keep me going until lunch. I think I could easily live off them for a week. I’ve been wanting to do something but to me master cleanse seems a little extreme…grapefruits might work though!

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

i really want to know the details of this grapefruit diet. does anyone who knows care to share? is it only grapefruits or the previously mentioned juice or both? 3 days or 4? thanks!

• I read about it in David Wolfe’s Eating for Beauty, and within the book he says “drink only fresh grapefruit juice or simply eat only grapefruits for three days.” Then near the back at the book where there are a few recipes he has this: “Grapefruit cellulite reduction cocktail: 3 large grapefruit, 1 large orange, 1 medium lemon, and 4 feijoa (pineapple guava) Slice all fruits in half and process through a citrus juicer. If you cannot find feijoas add 1 cup of fresh pineapple juice instead. This is a great drink for cellulite reduction! Fast on this drink for three days and see micracles happen.”

• heartshapedskyheartshapedsky Raw Newbie

thanks smoothielove!