Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Helloooo Raw Christians....

Comments

• Amen – angie !

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

Wow… I am so glad I found this site/forum! I am a Christian and I just started 100% raw a few days ago… actually, I think I’m about to eat something cooked because I haven’t been able to breathe for the past 2 days. I think it’s severe anxiety and cooked food withdrawal. I’m going to try some soup, and if that doens’t work, I’m off the the hospital. Pray for me.

• I am also Christian and love Jesus! What hurts is when other Christians tell me that the Bible does not support vegan “dogma” and that we are supposed to eat meat because God told, I think it was Peter, to kill and eat. Also they use the Bible to say that vegans and vegetarians are weak. I don’t want it to be dogma and to take my focus off of God, but I also believe in healing thyself and taking care of your temple. I was sick for many years and have had to turn to alternative methods to help myself. I don’t see what is wrong with that. We are killing our children with the modern SAD diet. I wish other Christians would wake up, throw out the Starbucks, and figure it out.

Southernlover, I will pray for you. It may be anxiety coupled with some detox. Eat some cooked food, best is vegetable soup or brown rice, and relax. You will get some weird sensations. You may even get some major detox symptoms, slow down the detox. You will be okay. Raw is not bad unless you are eating something toxic, or that you may be allergic to. The best thing is when you are going raw to eat everything you have already had at first, such as fruits you like, salads, etc. Then add new stuff in one at at time. Relax, honestly.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

LisaMarie – I’ve always understood that Peter’s vision was about God giving him the message that now it was time to take the gospel to the gentiles, he just used the food as a visual that Peter would understand (telling him to eat animals that were previously forbidden = preaching to the gentiles for the first time). Check out what rawvness posted on her profile – She gives insight and references from the bible that may help you in conversations like you mentioned.

southernlover – If you are having a problem with detox, green juices with superfoods like spirulina and chlorella can really help ease the transition for your body.

• gypsycowgirlgypsycowgirl Raw Newbie

I am glad to see this many Christians on this site—was unsure about the number and am glad to add my name to the list! I don’t understand why everyone can’t be more loving and accepting of each other—that is what Christ called us to do. Everyone has their own path that they are called to walk and we shouldn’t judge others by what is right for us individually—only God can judge and guide each of us. I am about 50% raw at this point and I do get tired of feeling like I am the “weird” person out there just because I don’t choose the so called “normal”. To each his own.

Yeah, it’s got to be detox/mental. I only get the feeling that I can’t breathe while actively thinking about it. Yet, it’s only when I eat cooked foods that I am not thinking about it…really odd. I just overloaded my system with too many nutrients too fast!

gypsycowgirl – I have had this weird thing about people talking about what’s normal. I realized I can eat what’s “normal”...if I want to have all the “normal” sickness, disease, addictions, lack of energy, etc. So tell me again – why is “normal” so desirable?

southernlover – It could also be withdrawal symptoms – sometimes it takes a lot of time and mental/emotional energy to break free of the addictions to cooked foods and the chemicals that are in a most processed foods. Give yourself a break, and keep loading your body with minerals – it can’t hurt. It could also be a mental addiction/fear of giving up what is familiar. Good luck; you’ll get through it.

• gypsycowgirlgypsycowgirl Raw Newbie

Angie—yea—I know what you mean about the normal thing—never been normal! That is what makes the world go around and makes it such an interesting place I guess. I have always found that people who want to achieve success, good health, happiness, peace…have to walk a different path than the “normal” zombies! My husband is a naturapathic doctor and people freak out at some of the “weird” things we do! But I sure feel better about my health and wouldn’t go back to the “normal” diet that most people consume.

I am able to breathe now, so that’s good. However, since my last post I haven’t been doing well with the whole food thing. But today is the second day of my green smoothie diet. My husband and I committed to eating only green smoothies (he’s eating sprouted almonds occasionally) for thirty days! It’s really strange so far because I am hardly ever hungry, and I am a eating freak! I had about 20 ounces of green smoothie this morning (10am) with collard greens, kale, parsley, bananas, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and rasberries, and I haven’t been hungry since. I had some spirulina a little while ago, but just in water. I haven’t eaten in 12 hours, but I’m full! SO WEIRD!

• Praise God! I have also repented of my sins and am saved by Jesus! so lovely to see other Christian Raw foodists. This makes for fun fellowship. I believe that those who say God commands us to eat meat… Many do not realize that we are so blessed today to be able to grow plants year round and obtain liquid sunshine from plants year round. PLUS… there is a major difference in the way that animals are raised as apposed to how they were back in Jesus’ time. http://www.all-creatures.org/cva/

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

Wow, this is really cool! I didn’t know there were many other raw Christians.

• KhaasLadkiKhaasLadki Raw Newbie

Ah, it’s nice to see that there are other Christians out there who eat like me! I thought for a while that I would’ve been very alone eating this way (most people probably don’t think you can be a Christian and be a ‘raw-foodie’, although I don’t know why… The closer to the way God made it the better Well, I’m not 100% raw – maybe 50% or so? But I still eat VERY healthy (the only dairy I eat is yogurt, and only organic and good quality at that), and everyone thinks I’m insane! I recently read “The Maker’s Diet” and got a lot of ideas and tips from that book, although, like most diet books, I have my own opinions apart from it. Anyway, just glad to see how many other Christians there are out there!

• rachel_akikorachel_akiko Raw Newbie

Yeah, usually when I tell people at my church about how I eat they think I’m weird/crazy/insane. Only two people actually thought that was kind of cool and didn’t look at me like I was a weirdo, haha.

• Thanks for the info, angie, I will definitely check it out!

• I am so glad to find this thread. I am often ridiculed for my new lifestyle…and i agree that raw food does have a stigma and is associated with middle eastern mysticism, or new age religions, etc. But I think it just makes sense! I don’t think it is sinful to eat meat but I just don’t think it is the best way to care for my body, or the earth, which we, as Christians, are supposed to have dominion over. Some of my friends accuse me of being a “tree hugging hippy” but who, more than believers, should be caring for our earth, as well as our families, those in need, and our own bodies? Eating raw, from the outide looking in, seems like a fanatical thing to do…but since I have tried it for myself, it seems like the only logical way to eat (though it is hard to do, with the outside influences of culture and habits). Anyway, I am not making much sense, but i just wanted to say that I am glad to see other people with similar belief systems here! :)

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

i’m not christian, but i am curious if you all embrace the essene writings and the dead sea scrolls, etc? i’ve read the essene gospel of peace, which has alot to do with raw eating and cleansing. i just perceived a big rift in the idealogy in that as compared to new testament and wondered if/how christians incorporated these other books into their belief. i respect all beliefs but i don’t subscribe to any one.

• Hi, I’m a Christian and raw vegan as well. I can relate to what LisaMarie said about other Christians giving raw vegan Christians a hard time. I’m the only vegan in my church. It’s a Spanish-speaking church so you can imagine the kind of food that is brought to potlucks: fried pork, tamales, rice n’ chicken, tacos, puddings etc… At first the members found it hard to fathom my veganism. Now they understand and let me be during potlucks and other food-related events.

It’s great to know there are other Jesus lovers out there for support.

• I live near DC also. Proud Catholic here,and thats right- we need to rather HAVE to take care of this temple that God gave us- Kudos to you!

Hm

• Paxton SquiggledyPaxton Squiggledy Raw Newbie

Hello, fellow raw Christian. :-)

• Hey! Loving Jesus in Chi-town! I am so happy to see that people are led by the Spirit to change their eating! I like raw, but like others, don’t want it to be associated with some new age stuff. I am in the process of acquiring a retreat center which has a raw food kitchen. I will write a post when the deal finishes!!!

• Wonderful to see all the other Christians out there! Anyone near Portland, OR?

mzzmac – congratulations on the retreat! I would love it – I have wanted for a long time to open some kind of place with a raw food kitchen. :)

• Hi, I am glad to know there are so many other Christians on the board. I have been raw for about six months and have had healing for diabetes, high blood pressure and have lost over 45 pounds. It was interesting that I did not know a thing about raw food, or even heard of it and the Lord told me to eat this way while I was in bed very ill. I was taking a handful of medications and was losing my life. Anyway, it is too long a story for here but you can read about it in my blog which I have given the link to below. When I am confronted by the people in the congregation about my weird diet I just sort of make a joke out of it and it seems not to be a big deal now. I tell them, with a smile,

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Hi rosehebrew. Glad to hear your are doing well on raw foods… and that your husband supports you.

Do you know hebrew? Or Greek? Just curious. I don’t, but I checked out Romans 14:2… and I’m wondering if the translation is more greens or herbs.

Genesis 1:29 mentions the diet before the fall of man – fruit of the tree or tree yielding seed. Genesis 3:18, God allows something extra after the fall of man. Not sure exactly what, (since I haven’t researched it thoroughly) but some people say it was vegetables and/or herbs… and I can see how it could be either (or both!). Fruits are very cleansing and both vegetables and herbs are very healing… and after the fall of man, wouldn’t we need healing foods? Given that, I can see how someone weak would eat vegetables. But, I haven’t studied Romans 14:2 in its context. It would be an interesting study.

Would a “tree yielding seed” mean nuts? Just curious…

Yes, tree yielding seed would be nut! I checked the verses out again… to see what it reads:

”...I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.” Genesis 1:29-30

Herb bearing seed: What would it be if its different from “green herb” in v 30? Seeds as we know them, like sunflower, flax, pumpkin?

Fruit of a tree yielding seed: It could be just nut. But, I think it’s both fruits and nuts.

...wish I knew Hebrew. ;-)

• Hi girman8, In Genesis 3:18 the word pair for the phrase,

Maybe the plants of the field would be like herbs or greens! I’m not sure where grains fall in… but I think they may be part of Genesis 1:29.

Thanks rosehebrew.

I should mention… I didn’t get curious about this, until I read the workshop book for The Original Diet class. He talks about the Hebrew meanings for these texts and also in Daniel when he requests ‘pulse’ food instead of eating the king’s food. It’s no longer in print, but, it’s one of my favorites.

• jeshuabrownjeshuabrown Raw Newbie

Hey southernlover-you may be interested to know th King James version has been translated improperly, and for quite a few reasons! There are greek roman mythologies intertwined! HAve you read the whole bible? I cam across the word”unicorn” and “satyre” which is the creature that’s half goat half man! Ahh! This is not from God! Also, of course, His name has been removed over 6,000 times! It’s upsetting to know His word has been twisted, isn’t it? I carefully researched the translation I used for accuracy, and I thought you would like to do the same!