Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Helloooo Raw Christians....

Comments

• Add me to the list too!

Back last fall I felt the Lord told me to get back to juicing. I've been fighting Fibromyalgia, migraines (daily) , high BP and muscle weakness/ tightness for over a decadeand most recently anixousness and jitters. All the medicines the doctor gave me only gave me side effects making me worse. I'd start juicing and eating " whole foods" but the cost made it difficult and I felt like- well the Lord will just have to heal me because that's what He does. But years of prayer and having people praying for me never changed things and I kept getting worse. This summer my BP which I've been struggling with and runs in the family was 210/130 they wanted to admitt me. I kept asking the Lord for wisdom, because the herbs, vitamins and supplements I was taking never seemed to do what they were suppose to do. Somehow I found out about raw foods and started researching. I have learned so much and felt the Lord told me that He has provided healing through the foods that He made for us here in addition to His healing power.

Well, after a month of juicing and wheatgrass I noticed a big difference, but then the holidays came and I wasn't able to juice as much. I felt worse again. So after the holidays I went totally raw. I've only eaten one cooked meal with chicken after about 2 wks into raw and the next day my muscles were all tight and the pain came back. That was it! No more! and I've been 100% since. I went through a strong cleanse a week ago wasn't sure if it was the flu or cleansing, but when it passed I FELT AMAZING!!! I've had no headaches for almost a week now-which for me was DAILY. My energy was through the roof and I felt HAPPY for the first time in years! The other thing I noticed was I FELT CLOSER TO THE LORD. This time last year I struggled with depression and not being able to hear His voice as well as I used to. The other day I felt so ALIVE that it was like being born again all over! So now I'm asking the Lord to give me the wisdom and boldness to share what He's shown me with others in the His Kingdom so we can do the work He's called us to. Oh, and my blood pressure was 127 / 79 the other day!! and I've dropped about 10 lbs! Putting me at almost where I've wanted to be -weight wise -since my fourth child was born 10 ys ago.

Watched an Awesome video today and would recommend it to everyone a real eye opener DIET FOR A NEW AMERICA by John Robbins ( son of Baskin & Robbins ice cream) check your library that's where I found mine. Also GREEN FOR LIFE by Victoria Boutenko The green smoothies she talks about makes starting out raw much easier. I've got all but one kid on them. If you struggle with the taste of them keep it up-my daughter use to plug her nose to drink now she likes drinking them and my 10 year old requests them!

Well- God Bless everyone!!

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Hi firmfoundations,,,, I am so happy that you have taken control over what you eat, and helping your children towards better eating habits.

I have been listening to Dr. Colburn this week. His talk was about how God, created foods for us, THEN, he created his most precious creation, humans. He then told what happens to our body, when we eat worldly foods instead of life giving food.

I think Christians feel closer to God, when they eat the foods He created for us, because we are finally in His will.....Life, and Life abundantly.

• I'm so glad to see so many Raw Christians! YEAH! Having a body by God is Awecome! Nothing heals like His food!

• I just joined this website, am a Believer, and love this website..I am in Northern Virginia and glad to see others on here are in this area as well. I can't wait until summer when all the farms in our area start having fresh veggies and fruits ..so I can try all these great recipes with fruits and veggies that are truly fresh and organic...

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Welcome dearbella,

Glad to have another believer in Jesus the Christ. It is good to be able to have healthy food. Just be careful of those recipes with a lot of nuts, seeds, dates etc. I am now with www.rawbootcamp.com removing 72 lbs. of raw food over indulgence. I will be here off and on drooling over the foods that got me this way. Ho-Hum Another thing to moderate on my life.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Hi dearbella, we're in NoVA too! The best place for raw foods is the Common Market and Roots Market in MD. BUT, Whole Foods is starting to carry more raw options... so, I'm happy about that. I signed up for a CSA again this year! Can't wait to go blackberry picking. But, we also like to ride the W&OD trail and pick mulberries... free.

• It's so beautiful to see other raw believers out there....May God continue to bless and keep all of you throughout this journey.

• beany b i was just wondering if sproutin them is a better way to consume them,i wanna loose abt 80 lbs too, may god help you to the finish line

• Hi! It's so good see fellow Christians and Health nuts all in one place! I feel kind of like an outcast on sites like this sometimes because I'm not all "New Age" and then I feel like an outcast to the Christian community because I believe in "natural stuff". I'm on a very strict diet (pretty much vegan/organic) but now I'm trying to work my way up to eating raw and I just want to say that I have a lot of respect for you guys who do this! Thanks so much for posting this.

• Hello There! I'm a Christian, too. Just saw this web site, and your comment came up. Must be that God is trying to tell me something? Nice to meet you, btw.

• Maybe God is trying to tell you something, He works pretty awesome like that. You're probably not talking directly to me, but nice to meet you too! I really love talking with other raw Christian people, I just think that when God's people come together and fellowship amazing things happen in people's hearts and lives.

• 100% Christian....trying to be raw!

• I'm 100% Christian and 50% raw. Just started recently after reading Buteyko breathing exercises for asthma (they recommend an alkaline diet, and exercise every day also). It sounded impossible when I have my own business, but the Lord is helping me work it all in, and I have so much more energy. I seriously wondered if I would make it to 50. What's so cool is, I never realized how delicious raw vegetables could be! Thanks for all the great recipies. Also wanted to share for anyone who needs extra protein (if you have diabetes or hypoglycemia): Hemp is a great source and tastes fine in smoothies (ok, I didn't really want a brown or green smoothie, but who cares what it looks like, right? -- It tastes good), and stevia is a great substitute for sugar!

• Hi Im a christian!! and new to the raw thing and loving it!!

!0,000 Blessings

Tina Marie

• Hi

By the way a great sweetner is Xylitol!! it is safe for diabetic and it kills yeast in your body!! as well as is great for your teeth you can read up on it more on xylitol.com I believe thats the site or google it either way its natural and taste great and No after taste!!

10,000 Blessings

Tina Marie

• I'm a Christian (albeit an unconvential one... I consider myself more spiritual than religious), and I whole-heartedly believe that disease can be eradicated when we use the tools God has set before us. We just have to open our eyes and realize that the seeds that grow from God's green Earth are far superior to the liver-clogging additives and preservatives that man has stuffed into the vast majority of 'food' in the world today. Boo pizza! Fruit trees aren't for decoration, after all :)

• I am a Crhistian, and love eating Raw!

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

i am a christian and raw. : )

currently i have been wanting to become a better christian and I want to develope a stronger relationship with god but im just not sure how...

"Agrarianism is God's survival alternative... disconnecting from the current system is necessary for our spiritual safety, our physical well-being, and for our eternal good." - Michael Bunker

Just thought to share this interesting perspective on life. More details posted on: http://goneraw.com/forum/surviving-grid-process-driven-life

Mikfizzie. It's prayer! Prayer will help you build a deeper relationship with God.

Do you know the story of the ten virgins in Matthew 25? Well, the ones with oil were prepared... and oil represents God's spirit (read Zachariah 4:1-6). In this world, when there is a shortage of oil, we drill deeper. So spiritually, we have to drill deeper too! "We have to get rid of our shallow prayer experience ...we must go deeper with God." And as 1 Corinthians 2:10 reads, the spirit searches the deep things of God. So drill deeper... pray!

Let's not be a foolish virgins, for we don't want what happens in verse 12 where the Lord says "Verily I say unto you, I know you not." This happens after the bridegroom comes (verse 10) which means after probation, when it's too late.

We must drill/pray where the oil is... here is an excellent sermon (part I of III) (of which I tried to give a summary above) and the answer on "where to drill". I'm sure you'll enjoy it: http://www.audioverse.org/displayrecording/1159/IvorMyers-TheComingOilCrisis/

• Hello, we're Christians, too. My boyfriend, Brian, and I just started the Eden diet - eating only what God gave us. We're doing it as a lifestyle adjustment as well as pre-fast cleansing.

Your sister,

Angela

• I'm a recent convert...that is to Raw Food... been "born again" since early 90's. After recently reading all the garbage that is in our food and trying to remove High Fructrose Corn Syrup and other junk, I decided to try going raw. I had been juicing from time to time and liked it. I've always made our meals from scratch from whole foods items, but really needed to do something more. That's when I read about eating raw foods, so I've been incorporating them into my family's diet. Right now by guessing I'd said I'm about 85-90% raw, since I just found out few of the items I've purchased aren't technically raw.

I love eating raw.. I have sooooo much to learn. I'm not able to purchase a dehydrator at the time, but can hardly wait to purchase one to make crackers, cookies, chips...etc. I've always struggled on diets, but actually this lifestyle has been easier than I thought... perhaps because I love fruit anyway!

So far about 2 1/2 weeks into a raw food lifestyle.. I feel so much better. I've noticed several changes in my body, all good and getting better. I'm praying and hoping my thyroid will heal itself after being a raw diet for longer time.

However... now I do notice I feel like I am hiding in the closet with my raw food lifestyle, since I know the comments I'd receive if I mentioned it. But that's okay with me....once they see the weight loss down the road it won't matter!

I'm just so glad to see there are other Christians enjoying a raw lifestyle. I really feel God intended us to eat from the original garden and we need to do so now.

• germin8, I just read your post, I see it was from a long time ago, but if ur still here I was curious about how you did with your bible research. I am on that jurney now myself

Hi Chanie.

Which research?

Are you referring to my last post about the Ten Virgins parable? ...because I've posted several times all the way to page 1. :o)

The Ten Virgins info was from another speaker (link was provided). It's probably the best one regarding the importance of prayer.

If you're referring to the verses that mention food/diet/body... I haven't "sat down" to do that. I just bought my interlinear bible last month for a different research and bible study ...and I'm really involved in that right now. But now that you've reminded me... I need to do research on that too. It's been in the back of my mind for years. BTW, I have the Strongs Concordance and find it to be quite helpful. Just look up the words "meat", "flesh", "herb", "fruit", "vegetable", "heal", "body"... etc... and it gives you a list of all verses that contain that word, along with Strongs Concordance number. You can quickly see which verses use the same Greek/Hebrew word and thus have the same meaning. There are a lot of verses...

So far, I've learned (from someone else) that Daniel asked for vegetables and water. Vegetables can mean "pulse", and we can think of "pulse" as "living". Daniel may have been asking for living food. I can only think of living food to make such a drastic change in 10 days. Oh there's so much more!

So you're going to research too. Cool. How are you going to go about it?

• Hello, Just joined.

I grew up on raw foods too and my mother had Lupus. God Bless her heart, she has passed away. But soul food and all of it's fattening agents will create heart disease and many other ailments which is prevalent in the black community.

Welcome Ownlyraw, I'm curious... did raw foods help your late mother's lupus?

• missemymissemy Raw Newbie

k, I started to read, and realized how many posts there were, so just jumping in. I am a Christian. It is hard to find others that want to eat better, and yes, eastern philosophy/religion definantly is into this. It is a shame we are not as well. I hear "I Just pray over my food and bless it to my body", forgetting when Paul worte that, there was problably little if any cooked food, little own white flour and white sugar. Well, glad to find ya'll !!!

Emily

• Germin8,

Hi! Thanks for your reply. Sorry, Yes, I was refering to researching what the bible says about food/eating/nutrition/body ect. I have only just started. I have a concordance too and started by looking up meat, food, eating, those types of things but you have given me some more to look into, thanks!

It breaks my heart to go to church functions and see believers eating the way they do and not seeing what it is doing to them and God's creation, you know? I love that insight about Daniel I am going to go look that up now!

• BreakingFree, I pray you still read stuff here. I am a Christian that believes that God has told me to do this. My relationship with Him is great and it's getting better with each day that I follower Him.

I have been raw only a couple of weeks but I'm doing good. I cook for my husband (who thinks salad is coleslaw) and my mum. Mum will try some raw food but husband won't. But I really have no desire to eat cooked food. I have a lot of health problem and I'm overweight. My heart doctor wants me to get down to 110 to 100 lbs before I can fly to see my son in England.

I am 175 lbs right now, have lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks. I think I would have lost more but I wasn't eating enough and now I am. I don't eat plain, I mix things up. I will have a juicer next month and I can't wait.

I am going to be 55 in Nov and I plan on being in better health.

God bless and take care

charliemum

I know what you mean Chanie. Fortunately, my church is open to healthy eating since we have a health message (vegetarian) ...then there are few which are 50-75% raw ...and even fewer that are ~100% raw. I hope you enjoy reading Daniel... and researching the bible. That's awesome.