Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Helloooo Raw Christians....

Comments

• missemymissemy Raw Newbie

The direct tv guy came today to fix our tivo (couldn't but that's another story) and when he went to work on the dish, there were hornets. So, he coulnd't do anything. We had to spray in order for them to come back to fix the problem, well I can taste it even though we closed the wondows and even the doggie door. man, rapture anytime Lord ;)

I fell off the wagon, ate what my husband ate for dinner. oddly enough the chicken he bought yesterday was bad (hmmm, is "someone" trying to tell him something?") so it was at least vegan, rice and stir-fry veggies. am feeling o.k., I just didn't have the strenght to wash out the mixer to make a smoothie even. well, onto bed, hopefully tomorrow will be better. and my apologies, I should try and be my husbands holy spirit ;) oops

• juicefastfanjuicefastfan Raw Newbie

Lol Emily. Rapture anytime indeed! Can't come soon enough some days huh?!

I'm glad you're feeling a little better today, and I'll keep praying that everyday gets better for you! And, I fall off the wagon once or twice a week, well more like leap off the wagon =). I'm very happy and satisfied to stay at 85% raw. I eat cooked (still mostly organic and vegan) stuff once or twice a week. I feel better health-wise when I do. And, I fail to see how one brown rice tortilla stuffed with every raw edible veggie I have left over in my fridge is dire for my health so I eat it and eat it very happily with lots of """mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm's""" while I do =D

p.s. I'm done with my juice fast as of the other day ago and I just have to say about this half a watermelon I have my face shoved in: "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sounds delightful juicefastfan. I was reading, randomly, last night that the watermelon is one of the world's most perfect foods, nutritionally speaking. I'm so excited! All this time, I've been drinking Natalia Rose's green lemonade, juicing it all. However, I've just recently discovered what it really means to make a green smoothy and I'm so hooked. Today's was heavenly -about 3-4 handfuls of soaked spinach, a big green mango, & a little water, (since I have a regular lowspeed kitchen blender). SO good. Even my daughters that it was "pretty" good. I just thought it was pretty;) -a beautiful green. Mm mm mm.

Also, as a single mom raising twins on a shoestring...not a thick one...budget I wondered if I could glean some resources from all of you. I must say so truly though that the Lord is my husband and provides so. He always meets me when I need, or even have a desire on my heart. However, I do have limited resources and want to continue to be successfully raw. Things like mangos, young cocanuts, dates...where can I buy them either in bulk or SUPER reasonable? What are some thrifty ways you've come up with?

Bless you all. Have a wonderful evening ..or day, depending on where you're at.

Oh Juicefastfan...so great. I am impressed with your ability to have completed your fast. I am sure everything will taste really good. ANd better today, but I need to be better about bringing food with me when I am out as after a harrowing time garage salin' (I am an antique dealer---the worst time in a while, but that's another story ;-) ) I went to Kohls, and the lady ahead of me had plates, which had to be individually wrapped...AAARRRGGHH so stood there reeling a bit, dizzy I mean. And after reading your comment on another page, I decided not to worry about some rice here and there. I LOVE this one mexican role at our local sushi restaurant. does have crap (cooked) and love it, spicey sauce with avocado on top. As long as I don't go back to SAD all the time.

And not that I bought a new blender, oh and ordered the excalibur I have got to stick with this on some lever. I waited a month before purchasing anything big, so hopefully will still do it,shoot, I can have something close to bread this way as I couldn't before.

I haven't gotten i the blender out of the box though, but plan to soon. I haven't had a chance as I just got home, and need to get over the weak feeling first I guess. But look forward to a green smoothie, it says it will do nuts, so it should at least do a smooth smoothie. even my kitchen aide was a joke with whatever I put in.

Jesusfreak, speaking of, garage sales are a great way to stretch the budget, for appliances etc. And also, do you have a farmer's market in your area? And what about growing things. I got a 2.99 basil plant, and it's provided me fresh basil for the past month. And it doesn't go bad, even basil from the farmers market only lasts a few days. You can grow lettuce in pots, and it's fun for the kids to see the process. We always had a garden when I kids were at home, should still do that actually, but with my health and refinishing furniture I just never seem to get in the garden.

you ladies are great,

emily

• Hi! I'm so glad I found this thread!! Its so great to read all these encouraging, helpful words from other Christians who are trying to be healthy & raw!

I've enjoyed this thread very much!

My husband and I were raw for 6 months last year,.., 5 months were awesome... I never felt better...then the 6th month I started having really bad digestive and energy issues and fell off... I think I know what my downfall was and what caused the extreme issues I was having... and I believe God has lead me back to this way of eating... as well as shown me my faults from last time around.

I'm also wondering if any of you guys have ever successfully made raw "chips" of any kind... I LOVE crunchy chips! esp, baked Kettle brand....

so if anyone knows of a 'chips' type of recipe please share!

Hey friends

Just wanted to share: I got diagnosed that the nodule on my thyroid was just a nodule (that's what good ole' western medicine told me) but it's a goiter. So maybe hashimotos disease? I read the symptoms, and it seems pretty plausable as I even have eyebrow thing going on, or lack there of ;) well, anyway, my new Dr has some stuff for the thyroid..food to feed it. not hormones (My new Dr is a naturopathic). He also has me on stuff to clean out the liver. I am taking it slow though, took just one pill (they persribe 3 3x a day) last night and awoke feeling hungover....did a juice to help, as I have to work at the antique shop I am in today. Grateful I am working with my bestest friend today who understands my health issues. anyway, just thought I'd share.

and wecome Angelia ! Don't know about the crunchy chips, in fact would love some of those as well. I miss crunchy ! You can type it into the search engine, and see what you come up with. I did see a kale recipie that the lady really loved that she said was like popcorn.

hugs,

emily

• I have seen the Kale chip recipe come up alot and gonna try it as soon as I track down some kale!

Hope all your health issues get straight soon Emily!

Thanks, I forgot to share this, I heard the Lord say "You are about to heal, are you excited?".....isn't that cool. right as I had my arm out to give blood, as I have issues with needles, as someone drugged me when I was little which gave me hep c (long story) but I did it, he just couldn't do it as my veins are too tiny, so have to fast next wednesday, and go to a lab. but it's good, in that he emailed me back after I gave him the suggestion of Hashimots? He said it's most like that, but he wants to do more panels, so it was good he didn't get it I suppose.

Anyway, so thankful to get another answer ;)

thank you Jesus !

• If He said He's healing then He's healing! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! We decree in Jesus' name that your body is coming into alignment w/ heaven...where there is NO sickness;) We loose His holy joy into today Missemy! -Amen.

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

I know you are healed! Praise Jesus! Also, Happy Sunday to everyone! Happy RAW Sunday also!

Wow Emily! That's amazing! And, I agree, if He said He is gonna heal you, then believe it with all ya got cus He is so much more capable of doing the a-ma-zai-zing (sorry, I just watched The Benchwarmers for like the zillionth time and I crack up at that part every time...so if you've seen it, you'll know what I'm talkin about, if not, then, yes, I am just a lil crazy :D) than we give Him credit for! I know that dizzy feeling all too well Emily! I've battled blood sugar problems and who knows all what else, docs never have answers, just 'script pads, so I've stopped going to them for awhile n ow. That is fantastic you have a naturopath lookin out for ya! There is a rumor, yet to be confirmed, that a town about 20 minutes from mine might be getting a naturopathic clinic with not just one...but TWO (!) Naturopathic docs, a husband and wife team, within the next month or two and opening right after the new year. Talk about praying without ceasing!!

I was going nutso waiting for the cable company to finish upgrading all the lines around here! I even tried to go to the library to get online just to find out what was going on with everyone, but with a ten year-old, a three year-old and a 10 month old baby we lasted, oh about 5 minutes. I'm so glad everyone is doing well and welcome Angelia!

Jesusfreak, I hear ya! I'm a single mama to 3 kids and I literally budget every penny I spend! (in fact, we just had a MOPS meeting devoted to this subject I could give ya pages n pages of thrifty ideas =) Mostly, what I do is plan ahead, watch the ads, I even started clipping coupons cus I buy my baby the Huggies Pure n Natural diapers when the Seventh Generations are unavailable (they don't have them week to week, just every once in awhile) and I joined their rewards thing on the Huggies website so they send me coupons all the time...and I just found out Kmart doubles manufacturer's coupons...my $3 off coupon was honored for $6 off!!! I've learned to save in other ways, so that money I do save can go into my food budget. I make my own laundry soap which saves buckets (hehe pun intended a lil bit) of money and no funky chemicals to boot! I make my own body soap etc... I try not to buy clothes at retail prices, I look for the end-of-season clearance sales and buy for the year ahead, or I am a thrift store (and garage sale) junkie. There are tons of ways to save money so that it can be redirected to areas that it is harder to be as frugal.

• juicefastfan, what's your laundry soap & body soap recipie? I love that. I tried to make my own dishwasher detergent a couple months ago...flop;) My daughter just made a sugar water hairspray. It looks fabuloud, but is not very touchable wich can be annoying. She also made hair gel. I thought it turned out well. I'm such a thriftstore/ clearance rack junkie. I'd love to see your thrifty ideas. I did take the Dave Ramsey "Financial Peace University" course last year. I was doing super well. However when your checks are this small, one bad judgement one month can take a few to recover. I am planning on starting my spinach/ lettuce garden tomorrow. I hear w/ a little protection they'll do well through the winter! Thanks so much for the encouragement.

I do have to tell you all I am very motivated these days. Over the weekend, I reluctantly stepped on the scale...I've lost 20 lbs!!! SO excited. A handful of things that haven't fit for a while are easily slipped into. ...almost half way to my goal, and feeling SO healthy as far as energy & clarity go. Having PCOS, I also have blood sugar issues from time to time. I have noticed some dizzyness here and there, but it seems to be somewhat related to mealtimes. I think I need to elevate my vegatable intake.....which takes more planning. I think fruit tends to be the fast food of a raw foodie;) ~Bless you all.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

OOoo, tell more about this Financial Peace University! I see they have them at churches too... how long is it... is it worth it! I'm just curious...I think I can pass this sort of info along to people who need it... especially in this economy.

Fast food fruit! Wow, I never thought about it like that... but you are SO right. We don't eat enough veggies as we do fruit... and I've been wanting to change that! I ordered the Ph Miracle book... looking forward to some balance. :o)

Missemy: awesome!

• Hey, I'm taking a Financial Peace class for teenagers right now, and it's really good so far! I've learned a lot of helpful information so far.

Heya jesusfreak...congratulations on the weight loss!! That is awesome!! How do you feel health-wise now? Oh and here's the recipe I use for laundry detergent. Do not be afraid to mess up a couple times (!)...my first tries were flops too but with a lil tenacity I got the hang of it eventually! I am really fortunate to have an aunt that makes her own soaps too and has for quite awhile, so I got a step-by-step tutorial for my first time around. You could try looking it up on youtube and seeing if there are any vid instructions for this, this is a pretty common recipe...

Homemade Liquid Laundry Soap- Front or top load machine- best value

4 Cups - hot tap water

1 Fels-Naptha soap bar

1 Cup - Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda*

• Wow! Thanks juicefastfan. I feel wonderful. I've never gotten tons of sleep, maybe 5 hours most nights. The last couple years that was catching up to me, but lately, it's all good again. I'm not dragging in the am. I'm ready to go!

To any of you who want to know, I think the Financial Peace University, (FPU), is well worth it. As you watch the videos or here the cd's you see the passion that Dave Ramsey had to see people get free from financial bondage and the spirti of mamon, (talked about in the old testament) all for the purposes of God's kingdom. He's been through it himself and has a powerful testimony. I know alot of people recognize his name from talk radio....but don't hold it against him. I think there's a specific "guy thing" persona that's expected on talk radio. In the FPU dvd's he's a direct, straight forward, no nonsense kind of guy which I think we all need. He's not about petting our sin, or letting us get away w/ our excuses. He's about coaching us to be FREE!!! Many, many churches are offering this course these days. It's only 8 sessions. There may even be scollarships. Visit his website to see if there are any referrals to your local church.

Pretty soon we'll all be stewarding our bodies & our finances to the point of overflow!!! Just think of what kind of givers we can be & we'll have energy to spare!

Blessings

Jesusfreak. I love it. I love the idea.

"Owe no man any thing..." - Romans 13:8a

Our church offered a seminar, not too long ago on purposeful living especially when it came to finances. Matter of fact, its actually the one you'll hear the Duggars talk about on their show from time to time (18 Kids and Counting....lol, I dunno, could be 19 by now for all I know). It just made so much sense! I really wish I would have been exposed to some kind of program like that a long time ago! With my kids, I have tried to start them at a very young age on good money sense. They get an allowance based on how they contribute to the household and they have three piggy banks...one is marked Savings...one is Spending and one is Tithing. My daughter, who is now 10, even tithed part of her birthday money on her own, it was amazing to see!

• Hey all. A little bit late to game I see as this thread has been going for quite some time. Born again with a burning passion for Jesus, who has lead me to this path of being raw vegan.

• What does everyone think of these bible verses?

Genesis 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Gen 27:2 And he said, Behold now, I am old, I know not the day of my death:

Gen 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Gen 27:4 And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat; that my soul may bless thee before I die.

Numbers 11:5 We remember the fish, which we did eat in Egypt freely; the cucumbers, and the melons, and the leeks, and the onions, and the garlick:

John 21:9 As soon then as they were come to land, they saw a fire of coals there, and fish laid thereon, and bread.

John 21:10 Jesus saith unto them, Bring of the fish which ye have now caught.

John 21:11 Simon Peter went up, and drew the net to land full of great fishes, and hundred and fifty and three: and for all there were so many, yet was not the net broken.

John 21:12 Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine. And none of the disciples durst ask him, Who art thou? knowing that it was the Lord.

John 21:13 Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them, and fish likewise.

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

1 Timothy 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

1 Timothy 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

1 Timothy 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

You forgot one ;-)

Luke 24:41b-43 : Have ye here any meat? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them.

• Hey Darien95, I think these are all very important verses to consider as Christians, embracing a raw diet. Way to be a good Borean, taking it all back to the scriptures, seeking truth.

I do believe that initially we were ment to eat the plants/ fruits of the Garden of Eden. However, later in the New Testament, the Lord commanded -Peter...I think, to rise, kill, and eat the animals. So on one hand I do very much believe that we were designed to consume only the plant life offered in the Eden, but also equally believe that we have the freedom to eat meat. I'm sure that people will be debating this subject until the end of time. Many of us are reaping the consequences of living in the land of plenty, a very indulgent society. The rate of heart disease and diabetes is proof of such choices. In the end, we will be accountable before God for the way we stewarded our bodies, (amongst other things). I was reminded earlier this year that Jesus' blood is enough. On that day at Calvary, the curse was reversed. The power of sin was broken. Personally, I am on journey. -On my way back Edenic living, which I realize could mean alot of different things to alot of different people. I don't think I'm going to see complete restoration in my lifetime, but for now am trying to steward my body in such a way that all the plants and leaves of the earth are my medicine, healing my body...which God could also do immediately if He so chose to, ( but that's a whole other thread;), but I believe that there's character being built right now and old habits being rooted out.

~Here's to healing & seeking His Word! Bless you all.

• im a life long JESUS LOVER HE really is my rock!

im RAW and i feel much better this way.

i just eat fruits and veggies i eat 80/10/10 does anyone eles out there?

Jesusfreak, that is a great reply.

However, you mentioned Peter... I am assuming you are referring to Acts 10:14 "Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean." This does not refer to food at all... it refers to the end of the 70-weeks... the time at which the Gospel was not to be only for the Jews (representing the clean) but it was to go out to the Gentiles (representing the unclean).

(oh, I'd write more... but I have to run to work now... I'll be back...)

• So much more to learn indeed. What a fun topic. Bless you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

darien95, I have to check the Hebrew/Greek... but I thought when the word "meat" it used, is refers to food... and when the word "flesh" is used, it refers to meat.

I do not think the bible says we should not eat meat (i.e. flesh), but I do believe it should be clean meat (e.g. no blood).

Deuteronomy 12:23 Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood is the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh.

Notice also the use of the word "flesh" here. Which reminds me... where is the blood of the fish?

I also believe that the herbs of the field (Genesis 3:18) that were allowed to be eaten after the fall are healing herbs. Someone's blog pointed out: "herbs for the service of man" (Psalms 104:14)

God has the ability to heal us, but maybe He won't do for us what we won't do for ourselves. We should take care of our bodies... for what we eat affects our mind. Our "will, judgement, moral" resides on our frontal lobe... and there are foods that affect the frontal lobe in a negative way.

Just my opinion (however, there's more to learn...)

I love you guys here. You are very accepting. So wanted to share, My Dr called. He says it's not Hep C, after all of that...but the tests came back in that it looks like Grave's Disease so far. Which is incredibly hard to be raw on, because of the copper thing. I rarely felt that good on it, and now explains why and why I had a hard time with nuts (high in copper) I had an IUD years and years ago, but it may be the cause of it in that I had ir for 9 years. (I know, bad) But at least I learned so much from this site. It is a great resourse of information as everyone here seems to want to get healthy. May, still come in, not sure, as I like knowing Christians that care about what they put in their body (what a concept).

well, just thought I'd share. And appreciate the thread on the meat, nice to not feel guilty for eating it, there isn't a clear-cut answer, and ya'll handled it so well.

In Christ, hugs to all

emily

I believe that God gave us specific meats that are acceptable to eat (hence the split hooves vs cloven hooved animals etc...), however, for me, personally, I feel that the meat consumed back in Jesus's day and prior is a whole lot different than the meat being consumed today, even are veggies n fruits aren't as nutritious because of the lack of quality soil compared to even 50 years ago.

For example, why did God allow cow and not pig...most Christian nutrition experts (Jordan Rubin, McDougall, Valerie Saxon etc...) point out the differences in the cow's 4 chamber stomach, where the food doesn't become part of the meat for at least 24 hours compared to a pig that will eat its own feces and its one chamber stomach pumps whatever sludge it eats into its flesh within four hours...and the acid content of a pig's stomach is not enough to kill parasitic eggs or larvae... MMMM yummy thought there eh, almost makes me want to run out n buy bacon ;P

Anyway, my whole point is God did allow specific meats, and with science and technology, His infinite wisdom is being proven over n over again why He made the choices He did. Now, He also gave us a brain...and it doesn't take rocket science to realize we are living in a very polluted world, so we have to base our decisions on more than just what is allowed and what it isn't. I just try to do the best I can in having the heart to follow the will of God in my life, I try not to get too obsessed about what I "can" and "can not" eat and keep my eyes fixed on my Savior. Ultimately, my healing comes from Him, and I firmly believe He knows our heart's true intentions in everything, even something as practical as wanting to honor and glorify Him in the way we eat. =)

Emily, wow, at least you are finally getting some answers! I don't know if the dx of Graves disease is "good" news but at least you have a starting point now and can go from there to find the best course of treatment for you. You poor thing, you must have been going through some very trying times, Graves disease has some pretty nasty symptoms. Way to keep your head up and stay positive! I've been praying for you and shall continue to do so. Now, I'll add in that you are able to find a treatment plan that works best for your body.

• Juicefastfan! I had my nephews over this weekend, 3 & 6. The older of the two helped me make laundry soap. I love it. I feel so good about the price, and it was SO easy. Thanks again.