Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Helloooo Raw Christians....

Comments

• this is not the most welcoming thread ...... :/ oh well

• missemymissemy Raw Newbie

juicefast fan,

Thanks, it has been 10 years if not longer. I read that an IUD can basically cause it as it has copper and GD is too much copper it. Yeah, the symptoms have been quite interesting, thought I was going crazy many times. Even eating avacados makes the candida SOOO much worse. And I agree, pork especially is NOT good. I am limiting the meat, but at least my fingernails are getting red again. It's confusing as I read something that said my food should be cooked as it's easier to digest, well, one time 6 years ago, for about 8 months I was seeing this Dr of chinese medicine and I felt really good, I could only eat about 5 things, steamed zuccini being one of them and chicken and salmon/fish and some salad. man though, I had hardly any slow days. but recently with the raw I was going to bed with no digestion pain. don't understand how dead food should be easier to digest. Am going to do more research on food high in zinc, as it combats the copper. I read that GD causes bad digestion. I just can't believe no Dr I had picked up on that alone. But I know I am in Gods hands and for whatever reason this is my time to heal.

And spekgirl, sorry you have had a bad experience. I see you have only posted on the Christian site twice, so is it elsewhere? I am talking about with the Chrisitans. And my apologies that I didn't acknowledge your post. SO, welcome. for me I can't do the 811 thing, I can't (or shouldn't) really eat fruit, but if it works for you as they say, great. Have you done research about it and like it? I think if I didn't have what I (most likely) have that's all I would eat as I love sweet things. Again Welcome,

em

• thank you for that missemy..........im trying to know what Jesus intended for us to eat.......ive been feeling that 811 is close but i might be wrong so i though this thread would be great to find out.......what made it not work for you?

thank you again :)

what do you have?

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

spekgirl, sorry you feel this way...

I don't typically respond to everyone... especially when I have no input. i.e. I haven't done the 811 nor do I have advice.

But, now that you've mentioned you're trying to figure out what Jesus intended for us to eat... I'd like to hear what you've discovered so far in the bible.

• Hey spekgirl, do you mind if I ask, what is 811?

• sure thing it is 80/10/10 its 80% carbs from only fruits 10% protein from greens and 10% fat from a really small amount of nuts or avocado

• sample day would be something like

Food:

Breakfast

* 11 bananas blended

* A few leaves of green leaf lettuce

Lunch

* 11 bananas

* 7 leaves of butter lettuce

8 apples

* 1 ripe cucumber

Spekgirl,

for me I have major candida issues. My new (naturopathic) Dr is doing more bloodwork to make sure, but it looks like Graves disease i.e. hyperthyroid. So, I get hyper with a fast heartrate, and then burn myself out. Somehow this condition causes one to not be able to kill off the candida...so for me strawberries makes it worse, little own bananas. Personally, it wouldn't work for me. But some people love it. But I would want to find scripture on it. As, I know with most rawist they go to the garden, and God gave us I think a bit more balanced of a diet. But there are so many factors, body types, all sorts of things. And like I said, if I could I would be tempted to try it, I just don't think it's balanced. But again, that's just me. I would do more research on it if you are really looking into it.

not a good day, spent it playing solitaire on the computer most of the day. At least I got dressed. It may be burn out or my perios, but I am on day 2, and my eyes look funny, so that means thyroid burn out. I sure hope this new Dr has something that will heal it.

trusting the saviour,

emily

• hi everyone, i am new to the site. It is great to know their are other Christians that are taking care of their bodies....I am a raw food chef in michgan... its hard to get the meat and potato state on-broad but they are coming around. I will be praying for you missemy....God wants you healed.

• do you think i should aim for something more balanced? i just want to clean diet that Jesus would have also eating the same foods......im not sure i do want balanced ................... :

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

Missemy, I am praying praying praying for you. It is so great how possitve you sound, this is such a huge factor in healing. I believe that you will be healed and symptom free, nothing is to difficult for God, right? Welcome speckgirl, I think you should do what ever you feel you need to do that makes your body feel good. Things most likely will change as time goes on. Don't set any hard and fast rules for yourself. If what you are eating now feels ballance to you now, then that is great! But it will prob. change with time, and that is great to. Don't worry to much about it, let God lead and guide you, the Holy spirit wants your health more that you do, you know! Good luck and God bless. Come visit me at coolywash.blogspot.com! (but only if you want to , of course!)

• juicefastfanjuicefastfan Raw Newbie

Wow, where to start. Lol, this thread has gotten so much more busy within the last week or so...which is awesome!

Spekgirl, I offer you a sincere apology as well. I don't know if I didn't scroll up high enough the other day when I posted to catch all the new posts, but somehow I missed yours. I do apologize and welcome! I, also, can't do the 8/1/1 diet as I have blood sugar issues. I'm "officially" diabetic but refuse to accept the label as medicinally speaking there are no cures, and I am on a quest to cure myself naturally, and doing so far, so good ;) I did try it for about a month but my fasting sugars and average jumped sky high, most of the time averaging in the 300's (normal is 80-110), so I next tried the Hallelujah Acres diet, which is a biblically-based Christian lifestyle diet formatted by Reverand George Malkmus and his wife Rhonda. I fared much, much much better on this diet. It's actually not 100% raw, but it is very high raw (85%) and with my personal health issues, I have found I respond best to this one. I do juice fast (lol, as you can tell by my nick) often to help my body with the cooked foods I do eat, and just for general cleansing and balance.

I can tell you this diet worked best for me, and joe smith can tell you XYZ diet worked best for him, and susie q can tell you the abc diet worked best for her...and you know what we'd (probably) all be right. =) It really is about finding the best balance that works for your body and has you feeling at your optimal best. Is 100% raw the BEST diet available...probably, yes, but for me I just don't and can't eat enough to get enough calories in a day in. I'm already pretty underweight and I am also a nursing mother so I really strive to get every calorie in that I am supposed to in order for my health and well-being as well as my baby's. Adding in that cooked (all vegan, no animal products (except every once in a very rare while, I will have wild caught alaskan salmon) and I try to get only organic and healthy items like quinoa, brown rice, whole grains or fermented foods like sauerkraut, tempeh etc...) allows me to add in more of a variety of foods and options so that I can get enough food in my body in a day. I do 100% raw the few days before a juice fast and for about a week or two coming off a fast, if I do more raw then that, I start having problems with getting weak and fatigued, very dizzy and just a general malaise feeling. It will take you awhile to find your perfect balance, in fact, I still am experimenting with my diet in an on-going process. One that I think will probably take a lifetime to perfect =). It's great to have another raw Christian sister on here! The best advice I can give you is continue to do your research and take it to the throne in prayer. We really do have the best Physician available to meet our every need. He guided me in my search for health and I know He will do the same for you.

Jesusfreak...so glad I could help! I know, is it not the best feeling doing something like that! I get a thrill from it every time. Lol, I am also THE biggest dork in the world so that may have something to do with it too, but ahhhh well, at least I can admit it and laugh at myself eh! I am even a lil happier doing my piles and piles of laundry my children seem to miraculously generate every single day knowing that i made the soap myself! I'm so glad that it turned out for you and on your first go at it too. I botched it...well..I'm not admitting how many times :P but good for you and the nephews on your success!!

Emily, I read a really interesting article not too long ago about copper and it possibly being a cause of thyroid dysfunction. I am going to rack my brains, search my history and see if I can't track down that article for you to read.

karingspirit--hello fellow Michigander! LOL and wow, do I hear ya on this being a meat-n-tater state! I'm WAY up north so we have very limited organic and raw options and it gets even more dismal during the winter but just gives me the excuse to get together with my mom n sis for a road trip down to the Whole Foods in Ann Arbor (my lil bro goes to U of M now too so also a chance to go check up on...i mean visit ;) him).

Darien95...you had an amazing list of verses the other day and I just wanted you to know that I am still looking them up and into them to see if I can add something half-way intellectual to the comments you made, and thank you for all your dilligence in finding those. I think that is what is so beneficial about having Christian brothers and sisters around, not only for the fellowship and encouragement, but also for the challenge to dig into God's word and search for our answers. We've been promised if we seek His will out, He will make it known to us...it may not be in the timing we would like it too, but...I just wanted you to know your hard work did not go unheeded. =)

• JUICEFASTFAN: oh girl thank you so much for that!!! im sorry if i sounded a bit rude :( i have suffered anorexia nervosa for 12 year s (im 22 now)

i am trying to find a healthy way to regain some much needed weight as right now i have tube feeding from home overnite have been doing this for a year now.

i do eat just not enough.

food bothers me alot and i just want to be kinda pure and healthy.......good idea about praying i pray about everything eles so this should be something that is a must!!!

wow i might look into that diet biblical based! do you eat legumes? that is one thing i miss doing 80/10/10

God bless~

Spekgirl,

can't speak for evneryone, but I know how you feel, I have put stuff on some sites, and nothing is mentioned, and for me I have "WHAT, your not listening to me" issues, and have always wanted to say something.... it's o.k. and have looked up the copper thing, actually, another reason I love this site, there is a thread on Grave's Disease, so found an excellant article off of it. But it scared me a lot, and being that it was a thryoid issue yesterday, it's probably from the emotion if being a bit scared (I was scared before I read the article tho). As I had an IUD for years (can't remember if I mentioned it) but my Dr said to be patient (I hate that) as he doesn't think it's that. And speaking of that "issue" I can trace a racing heartbeat to when I was 15 !!!! And my mother and I worked for a Dr at the time and he would just toss it off, well, I think he did an EKG on me, but nothing showed on their tests. well enough, just so much to process. And too, being that I have thought I had Hep C for almost a year feeling pretty silly as it's been a real issue at the Antique Shop I am in, I had to ask the owner to stop burning a candle, little own the plug-ins in the bathroom. Well, now if I share I don't have Hep C,......just sounds better than saying "I am hypersensitive because I am full of yeast"...;p)

Hey, my parents were from Mich !! We used to go there about every 4th summer or so. I went back about 7 years ago to see my Uncle who was dieing, oh sorry, but I was so happy to get home as as adult I realize the adults were all nuts. (just my family am sure) Yeah, but meat and potatoes and I was a vegan then, oh did they tease the california girl...so you go girl. Where is your restaurant? My other Dr lives in Warsaw Ind and is raw, she goes to Chicago and eats at, shoot, can't remember. but let me know !

sure wish I could paste pictures here of our 30th wedding anniversary trip here. I did go to "RAW" by Julliane. It was fab, had the best strawberry mouse ever, and a splirina salda....it was awesome. and went to Whole Foods, and had raw carob cheese cake, but shouldn't have, as it probably set me up for yesterday. Also found something called a "Karma Kookie"....the Holistic Carob one tasted like cookie dough...I was in heaven, (I never understood why people actually would cook cookie dough, see,even thinking raw as a teenager ;) but then had another. It is so addicting for me.

well, onto the day I suppose. I sure hope I can at least clean the kitchen.

and thanks for your prayers. I trust there is something I can take, and hopefully I can stay as raw as possible. just don't know. but thank you SO much !

luv ya all

em

Ahhh, Emily, all that lead wick candle and chemical plug in air stuff is bad for you anway, so just consider it a bonus that you didn't have to be exposed to it all that time. I would still tell her you have health issues that needs you to be cautious around chemicals n such!

Spekgirl...don't even sweat it! Don't be afraid to speak your mind and I didn't think you were rude at all! And, yes, I eat legumes probably once or twice a week. Besides non-starchy veggies, legumes...beans, in particular, are the lowest glycemic source of carbs out there, so its great for steady blood sugar levels. I love black beans, especially on mexican food night! My fave is homemade whole wheat tortillas or if I can get to the health food store, I get either brown rice tortillas or sprouted 'tillas (expensive but so so so yummy!) then a lil bit of cilantro-lime brown rice, a lil black beans and a whole lot of raw veggies! Lol, I usually make these about 10 days after I go grocery shopping and all of the veggies in my fridge need to be used up or thrown out...just stuff em in a tortilla...great n tasty way to use them up! I also love lentils too. I always buy the dried beans and soak them myself to avoid all the preservatives and lard n junk they can beans with. I'm sorry to hear of your struggles with anorexia. I can't speak from experience specifically in the same regards but I have went through some very tough struggles over the years and have found that a great support system around me was one of the most beneficial things I could have done! and, yes, keep praying. I'll pray for you as well...I'm sure the Lord will lead you on the path you're supopsed to be on! And, the diet I was referring to is called the Hallelujah Diet and can be found here:

http://hacres.com/

They have a free newsletter that is packed with really good tips n lots of yummy recipes. And, they have a free 12 lesson course on Biblical Nutrition 101! If you click on that link above, just look at the top for education, when the box drops, click on Biblical Nutrition 101 and it will take ya where ya need to go to get to the download...if you have any q's...feel free to ask!

• oh thank you so much im going to have a read of it!

i have a question....... i have dried beans can i just soak them overnite and eat them? making them still raw?

have you herd of the EAT TO LIVE diet? i m thinking of giving this one a go it sounds good :)

• Hello!

I have heard of it, and compared to the typical SAD diet, it would be healthier. The issues I have with it though are it is specifically designed as a weight-loss regime, which both you and I do not need, if I remember right, it aims for 1600 calories in a day and I generally try to get at least 2200-2500 in a day. Second issue, it calls/allows for quite a bit of soy food...soy milk, tofu etc...and there have been quite a few studies out about the dangers of too much soy intake (soy is estrogenic). From what I've been able to ascertain, he actually promotes soy as being healthy and beneficial and I think that's what ultimately made my mind up about him because I have read so many more articles on the dangers of soy in the last 5 years that i am pretty confident on the damaging aspects of soy vs any health benefit it could have. I added a link to mercola.com where there is a collection of articles on the dangers of soy. But, we each have to go with what we are comfortable with Third issue, you have to pay to be a member on his website, personally, I don't want a diet/lifestyle that I have to pay X amount of dollars a month just to get more info on or be a part of. But, again, is his diet better than the SAD...yes! So, would it be helpful to some coming off a meat n tater regime every day and night, yes! I just think that there may be better long-term "life-diets" out there than this one perhaps. But, that's just my opinion :D

http://www.mercola.com/article/soy/index.htm

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2004/04/21/soy-health.aspx

http://drbenkim.com/articles-almondmilk.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/026334_soy_Roundup_GMO.html (this one is more for enviromental reasons)

Thanks, Juicer..I agree, and too; God will use it as they say, and too my mind has been under a great amount of fogginess. SO, will forgive myself and go on.

feeling better this morning, I work on Thursdays though :( Still want to stay home, as I don't want to hassle with making my lunch/snacks....that's one thing abour raw, you do have to pack food. oh well, time is a wasting,

Spekgirl, you can try them after soaking overnight, I think at least they cook easier and with less digestive issues overnight, but I think they take a few days for them to be soft enough. I soak them for 8 hours, and then put them in a collender as they mold easy w/o air ventilation. Rinsing them twice a day. In the summer though you should have something covering them from flying insects (:P) but experiment. Some beans take less time than others. You can probably google "sprouts table" to get a time table.

And personally I have taken myself off of all soy as well. Wasn't really consumiong a lot, but with thyroid issues, should err on the side of caution. I now drink almond milk (albet, not raw, but still better than soy) and have bought hemp milk from Whole foods the other day, excited to try that when my almond milk gets used up. I am always sekptical when the advertisers jump on something, it's a whole issue with the soy/dairy people promoting their products. trust issues ;)

Hello babydoll !

luv

em

• yes i agree with yu both i do not go near soy i used to eat so much of it tofu / soymilk / ect but now i dont i too have herd to many bad things to justify the "good" things!!!!

with eat to live i just replace the soy with red beans or chickpeas :) im thinking of just going 75% raw for balance?

spekgirl; I just wanted to let you know that I am a recovering anorexic myself,and I feel that God has majorly moved in my life on this issue. I know it canbe very difficult to try and figure out how to eat, there is so much conflicting information out there, let alone the conflicting info in your head. I just wanted to offer my support, I am praying for you, and if you ever just want to chat and vent, with someone who knows what it is like, I am always here. coolywash.blogspot.com. I made that blog to talk about these issues. I would love to hear from you, if you would like. Blessings, and know you are ok, and in Gods hands, alright?

• dancin thank you so much for that i need God to just show me something simple and easy that i can eat so i can stop worring and changing and ect.

do you eat raw? is it working? i just want ONE way of eating that i can do it and leave it be just live and eat it and be happy :( im so confused

I totaly understand! I do eat raw. I went to a nutritionist, who finaly was just interested in getting me well. I am on 30%protien, 40%carbs and 30% healthy raw fats. I eat no cooked food, but I do supplement with protine powder to get my protine high. I know that the 80/10/10 diet seems like a good idea, and I think that it can be, bot for recovery that is alot of sugars to be taking in, which causes a spike in your insuline levels, and this can cause rapid fat gain. This happened to me, and I think that it made it much much harder on me than it needed to be. Protien causes your liver to release glucagon, which actualy promotes the burining of the food youeat, as opposed to its storage, AND it will cause your body to build muscle mass, which is a much much healthier and easier way to gain weight. I am quite careful with my diet at the time. Sever restriction can really throw off your hormone levels, which could cause you body to react to food in a way that it would not normaly. I have found this 30%40%30% ration really really works for me. So I would suggest it, but this is mostly because it has worked so well for me. Also, try and add a probiotic. Severe restriction will cleance out all of your good bacteria, which can make it so that it you don't digest and absorbe the nutrition you are taking in now. Raw food is full of nutirents and I do believe that it is such a good way for recovery. So I suppose in short, make sure you are getting your protine, and some healthy fats. Keep your calories coming steady, and this is how your body will learn how to eat again. I am always here, every step of the way, just so you know. Any thing at all. my e-mail is coolywash@hotmail.com. I know how hard this is, and I want to help. God bless you and your recovery, it is his will for you to be healthy, and he will sent you all the help you need, ok?

Lord Jesus,

First I would like to thank you for making such a sweet child as Spekgirl, one so young that is trying to get it all together, and to follow your ways and your desires above her own. I ask that your Healing power come upon her and put forth a path and she knows can only come from you Lord Jesus.

I ask this in the name of Jesus Chirst of Nazereth

amen

Onelegless

That was so so wonderful missemy. I can feel so strongly your love and compassion. I ask in Jesus name for victory over graves disease. There is nothing that is impossible for you. You know missemy, and you know her body. I ask in Jesus name that every organ, tissue and cell work in the perfection in which you Lord created it to function. I believe that you are healed, both missemy and spekgirl. In Jesus mighty name I pray. Amen. OH! And I ask also for the peace that passes all understaning for both of theis wonderful ladies. In Jesus name, amen. God bless you. Really, missemy, that prayer touched me so deeply. You are wonderful.

Onelegless

Just keep trying different things out spekgirl. That's the best any of us can do. That and keep reading as much as you can. It is really hard though because there is so much conflicting information out there! When I'm looking into things, I find it helpful to go sites that I know are pretty reputable and see if there is a commonality amongst them with regards to a specific issue...(like the soy thing...I often look at mercola.com; drbenkim.com, Dr Mcdougall's site, hacres.com and a few more I have bookmarked...they all said the same thing about soy so I was pretty satisfied with the decision I made about it based on that...) 75% raw is considered high raw, so I'm sure you will start to see the benefits from that quite soon. Then, after you have adjusted to that level of rawness you can decide if you want to stay at that level, go to a higher degree or scale back a little. What's that cheesy public ad that used to be on tv to promote reading or something.... "The more you know, the more you grow"...Lol, total cheese...but so very true!

Em, I'm so glad you stay away from the soy! It was in the back of my mind to ask you after you said your doc came back with a dx of Graves and I forgot to get it in there!

Hi babydoll and welcome! =)

Heya germin =) You've been quiet lately, so I thought I'd say hi and see how you were doing.

• WOW you guys like (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) GOD BLESS YOUR HEARTS!!!

DANCIN:thank you so much for telling me that because i have been eating 80/10/10 for just over 2 weeks now and ive put on alot of weight very fast!!! now i know why!

do you mind if you share what a typical days eating is for you?

thank you so much for your kindness and help it means so much to me!

MISSYMY GOd bless your heart you are a angel!!!! thank you for that beautiful prayer!!!!

JUICEFASTFAN: thank you so much i have also herd of Dr mcdougallls but i never really thought that grains were all that healthy :/

you are a blessing to me all of you i treasure this informatin and friendship! xxxxxx

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

juicefastfan: I'm here (sometimes). Usually, to read all these posts.... There's no time to write as much as I used to (like a few years back)... I just have one of those busy schedules now.

Beautiful prayer, missemy.

yes I know! My body did the same thing while I was doing to high carb thing! I jsut really really really think it is so important to get your protien, and even more so if you are trying to re-build your body. I eat like this

meal 1- shake- 15 grams vegan protien powder, 1 cup spinach, 1/2 lemon, 1 tbsp ground flax, 1 tsp flax oil, touch of stavia powder.

1 tomato

1 cup cucumber

meal 2- shake- 30 grams protine powder, 3 cups spinach, 2 tbsp ground flax, 2 tsp flax oil, 1/2 lemon.

2 cups zuccini

meal 3- 2 cups peas, 300 grams frozen strawberries, 150 grams frozen blueberries, 60 grams protine powder in water, with 1/2 orange juiced. I put the berries in the protien powder water and it is a bit like berries and cream! But you could make it a shake if you wanted to.

I blend ice into my shakes always, to avoid the blender heating up to much. And it also adds water, which is imortant to get enough of. I eat more veggies than fruit. This works for me! But do what works for you, find the foods you like, and just try and work them into 30% protien, 40% carbs and 30% fat, this is all you really need to make sure you get to. Get your protien!

Alyssa

Amen Emily. That was a beautiful prayer!

I think that I'm way behind you guys time zone wise or something though cus those posts weren't there the last time I posted...weird... :D

Anyway, it looks like everyone is doing good still. Dancin, sounds like you are offering really great advice...the Bible says that we will go through trials and tribulations so that we are in the position of helping another member of the Lord's family.

spekgirl...kepe asking the q's! Only way to get the knowledge you need to make sound decisions.

germin..glad to here you're doing good =). I understand about not having too much time to post. Lol, that should be me but I have too big of a mouth (fingers on a forum??) so I end up staying up way too late so I can post, but ahhh I'll sleep more tomorrow ;)

jesusfreak...haven't heard from you in a bit either...how you doing?? Hows your laundry soap treating ya? Have you noticed a difference in your clothes at all?

I thought it might be a cool idea to share a verse or verses that have helped us out in a rough time, or just a go-to verse when we need to...one of my faves is:

Hebrews 4:16 (NKJV) "Let us therefore come BOLDLY to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in the time of need."

I love that as children of God we can go running up to Him and ask Him for what we need. And, like any good parent, He may not give us everything we want, but He certainly meets our every need. =)