Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Helloooo Raw Christians....

Comments

• juicefastfanjuicefastfan Raw Newbie

Em, I'm so sorry that you're having such a rough time! I really pray that this is the beginning of the end of feeling like junk! I have some anxiety issues that are tied into my blood sugar imbalance, especially on days of the roller coaster high's and low's! Keep us updated, and hopefully this doc of your will get ya all straightened out!!

• Juicefastfan, you're such an encourager. May God loose his goodness and abundant blessings on you this week!

• Hi all! I'm a raw newbie. And I'm a believer as well! Nice to see others here! :)

Janice

• Welcome Doxallo. Nice to meet you;) How long have you been raw? So how has the Lord brought you here?

Many blessings,

Jesusfreak

• Well hello there yourself!! Yes I am new and just beginning my raw journey, but it's definitely wonderful to see there is another Christian gone raw! I notice a lot of websites where there is a lot of talk of "mother earth", but nothing about how God insisted that our bodies are our temples! I'm glad I landed on this site!

• missemymissemy Raw Newbie

Thanks Juicefastfan...My Dr wants me to do a food diary...yuck. too much work. woke up feeling so-so, I plan on going for my mornng walk after I can spit out my cocobut oil ;)

ANd welcome craving raw. Love this place even though I cannot go totally raw as with a fast metabolism I just lost too much weight, but after eating two SAD meals my husband made (k, really enjoyed them) feel a bit hungover this morning.

my boss came by yesterday to pick up some flyers I made for her, and it was a great opportunity to clean our house...so it is nice to wake up to a clean living room especially. Praise God,

luv to all,

em

• GulayG1rlGulayG1rl Raw Jr. Superstar

Hi everyone. I'm thrilled to have found this thread! I love that we can freely share about our food choices without feeling like we need to be New Age. This is so awesome!

I'm almost vegan (The only animal product I eat now is honey, from time to time) and seriously considering going raw. I have acne and being vegan alone doesn't eradicate it. I have PCOS too, which may have something to do with it.

My epiphany was when I ate a raw vegan dish at a Japanese restaurant and I felt so good from the inside out. I've been eating healthy for a long time now, but I feel the difference when I eat raw. I'm going to start slow though. Maybe have 1 raw meal a day, and 1 raw snack, then eventually work my way up.

I'm already in my ideal weight range, so I'm wondering if there are resources to help me to maintain my weight? I am into running and badminton, so I burn a lot of calories.

Are we really weak in faith, as Romans 14 says? What is the context of this verse? I've been a believer for 2 years (Month of October, to be exact!), and this verse has been used on me since I became a believer. (I was vegetarian for 6 years before I got saved) I don't have anyone to fellowship with locally who is raw, let alone vegan, so it most definitely is hard, to be on the receiving end of such comments from meat eaters.

Also, how do you eat raw corn? Do you actually do this? I'm really curious!

Sorry for the extra long post. My excitement is so hard to contain.

Many thanks in advance!

God bless you!

• Dancin DurianDancin Durian Raw Newbie

Welcome welcome Gulaygirl! I think it is so great that you are so excited! Definatly transition to raw at your own pace. Do it the way that works for you. You can trust the temple that God gave you , right? You can for sure eat raw corn. You can eat it off the cob, cut it off the cob and put it in raw dishes, and you could also use frozen, just make sure it wasnt blanched. Welcome again!

Gulaygirl...welcome!! You asked some really great questions! I was saved as a little 8 year old girl, on Valentine's Day, so an astonishing 22 years ago! Wow, LOL, I had no idea it was that long ago until I just sat down and figured it out for this post. Anyway, don't apologize for length of your posts! I really enjoyed your post and your questions...and to get to those...

I definitely think a raw, vegan diet would help PCOS from everything I have read...and it has been brought up in a number of topics here on this forum...I think reading through those would be a big help to you! The way you stated you plan on starting going raw is a really good way. I found it easiest to transition when I chose to replace one meal/snack at a time with a raw, vegan meal/snack. And, for me, having honey doesn't exclude you from being vegan =) The biggest thing for me to maintain weight, I'm underweight right now, so this is a big one for me, is just simply to make sure I am getting enough calories...and good, high quality, nutrient-dense as possible calories in for a day! I am high-raw, 85% or higher, I eat 1-3 cooked meals in a week, it just depends on how my day went and how much food I was able to get in and how I feel that day.

Okay, now I have studied Romans 14 many times, and from everything I have read and in talking to other believers here are my thoughts on it:

I believe Paul used meat as a symbol representing practices about which Christians may differ. I believe that you have to look at the whole passage from 14:1-15:3 to fully understand what it means, rather than just taking one or two verses out of context.

So, I believe that it is stating that Christians

a) are not to judge the practice of other Christians when it comes to things that are not strictly black and white, things that are debatable

b) are personally accountable to God for our actions

c) are not to do anything that would be a stumbling block for a fellow Christian (I'll give an example...let's say God has never convicted you on having one glass of wine with dinner and you do this in perfect peace knowing that you are totally in line with Christ, and you know that you are not sinning because this is an area that's not 100% clear in the Bible and you've prayed about it, now let's say you invite a fellow Christian over for dinner knowing that they have struggled with being an alcoholic for years and you still get that wine out for dinner and go on and on how you think that drinking some wine with dinner is allowable because the Bible never says that you can't do it...see the difference...one may be totally acceptable as far as being personally responsible for it, but once you bring in another believer that may stumble as a result of your choice, it brings it to a new level.)

d)are to do what edifies their brethern

e) should, for the sake of weaker brethern, voluntarily abstain from certain practices

f) are ONLY to do what can be done without self-condemnation which comes from the Holy Spirit

g) are to follow the example of Christ, who did not live to please Himself, but others.

Lol, okay, sorry for the sermon but I didn't know where to edit my study or what to take out so it still made sense. In a very long story short, I don't believe that the Bible tells us specifically what is better...a meat consuming diet or a vegan diet...so the diet you choose should come from a heart that wants to follow Christ implicitly and with a heart of service. Neither diet is "wrong", it's the heart behind it that makes it "acceptable" in Christ's eyes or not. Compare this to I Corinthians 8:1-10:33...especially verse 8:9-13!! Verse 13 is the perfect response to Romans 14 when brought up against a vegan diet!

And I love raw corn, I don't like to eat it right off the cob like some people but this is one of my fave recipes:

Raw Sweet Corn Salad

1 large ear of raw sweet corn

1/2 red bell pepper

1 large ripe tomato

3 Tbsp fresh parsley

1 large celery stalk

1/4 cup sweet red onion

Husk corn, wash all veggies and remove kernels of corn from cob. Dice tomato and celery, chop red pepper and onion, and mince the parsley. Combine in a bowl, cover and set in refrigerator. To serve: place leaf lettuce on a plate, spread with fave dressing (I use a raw avocado one) and top with the salad.

Hope I answered some of your questions!

Andrea

• Gulaygirl welcome. I also have Pcos which is what lead me here. My mission is restoration and healing. I've heard from docs that pcos is triggered from stress and a predisposition to diabetes. Alot of us, definitely me, turn to food in stressful situations. I'm trying to retrain my knee jerk reaction to grab chocolate to instead, turn to Christ. Your plan sounds like a good one. I personnally vary a little week to week. It seems that at some points in the month, (probably cycle related) I'm more prone to having a cooked meal w/ my daughters. I haven't forbidden meat altogether though. I know that a good clean hardy source of protein is vital to those of us with pcos because the extra sugars that our liver doesn't process, (& would otherwise just dump out around our lower belly...grr...) attatch themselves to protein and are more easily discarded by our body. I don't eat it often, maybe once or twice per week. My fav is fish, but I don't always stick w/ that. The only testimonies out there of people actually being healed.....or rather being victorious over pcos is those who are high raw. I have heard that when they fall off the wagon the symptoms return....but God. We must believe that He is the Healer. This may be our "thorn in our side" but it may not always be the case, amen. In the meantime, this is a perfect place to find encouragement and resources. May the Lord just bless your road to healing and give you an appetite for all things good;) I've been huge into green smoothies, usually a mango and 3 handfulls of spinache. However due to the stubborn belly fat, now that I've been fairly high raw for a while, I feel like I need to delete my fruit over the next couple weeks....probably won't give up apples.

• Yeayaieeeeeeeee!!! Hello Brothers and Sister's in Christ! It is so great to see others who love the Lord and raw food in one place! He has healed me through the passion to find the truth behind the 'health care' system that so many have put their trust and faith in. I look forward in standing with you all to leading others in the truth through the word and what it says about His promises!

• missemymissemy Raw Newbie

Welcome G. Girl and MLove. This is a grat place, as I was explaining to a Christian today, I don't fit many places, as too I am an Conspiracy theorist, try bringing that up at a Bible Study, they want to throw you out...but wont' go there today !:) loVed all the chatter. For me I have jus tbeen diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism, so for me I loose weight too easily, so only do about 50% raw, a lot from the cabbage family to slow me down. I am two days without chocolate, as too it caused Intestial Cystytis to come back yesterday...ouch!, ....but feeling much better, except my Husband is making tacos tonight, so with the help of epsom salts will get that through my system.

well, welcome, and glad you found us.

hugs,

emily

Durian, Andrea, jesusfreak, missemy, thanks for the warm welcome!

MLove, welcome fellow newbie!

Durian - well, I had corn today! It was sweet and organic. Really good.

Jesusfreak - I really am unable to eat meat anymore. It's a taste/digestion thing. Amen to God is our healer!

Andrea - I appreciate your long, thoughtful post! That's so cool that you surrendered to the Lord on Valentine's Day! That's the perfect date with the perfect guy! All at 8 years old!

I read and reread the portion on Romans 14, the verses from Corinthians, and your take on it. I appreciate it! Thanks for the raw corn recipe as well! I have all the ingredients right now except for celery and parsley. I must make a trip to the grocery store soon!

I'm reading up now on what nutrients I need daily. I have a handout from PCRM on the New Four Food Groups (has anyone heard of this?) and seeing how I can plan my meals accordingly. My breakfast has to be carbohydrate-rich on the days that I run or play badminton, otherwise I get kind of light-headed. So for now, that means, lots of oatmeal and fruit. I think my 1 strictly raw meal a day for my start-up program will be dinner. If I do need to cook, I'm going to see if I can do without oil. It'll be a challenge, but I'm up for it!b

Have a wonderful weekend!

I'm so thankful God let me find this list!

Frannie

• Hi gulaygirl. I totally understand the meat thing. I have been feeling like it's harder and harder to digest meat these days. & Yes! Glory be to God the Healer of all things.

Bless to all you! Have a great weekend.

• Nice to see other followers of Christ in the raw movement. Hi everyone.

Hello and welcome Tallmako =)

Welcome Tallmako.

Has anyone heard of this meal-planning e book and tried it?

http://www.ezhealthydiet.com/vegan-meal-plan.html

• Heyyyyyyyyy! How is everyone? This season is busy but I thought I'd check in on everyone. juicefastfan, how are your daughters? Missemmy, feeling any better? Welcome Tallmako. Question...has anyone ever made a dyhdrated crepe-y wrap sorta thing with pears??? Just curious.

• Hi! Just joined GoneRaw, great to see a Christian group here!! We recently moved from San Diego to Walla Walla, WA. Any Raw Christians in Eastern WA?

• excited to join this topic. Our bodies are a gift from God and we should treat it as such. I've rededicated my life to Christ and I want to live a more virtuous, prosperous, and fullfilling life. I know that if I take care of the temple that GOD has graciously blessed me with, I know that I am abiding by his word and will.....I am a new Rawie and I am excited about this venture. I have researched and purchased great books about the Raw journey. My Excalibur is on order and I can't wait to make all of these great recipes for myself and family. I know that some of the foods aren't going to be to my liking but I know that most will.

Nice to meet everyone here and can't wait to hear all about your experiences as well.

• Welcom miansaky. How do you like Walla Walla??? Sounds super cold.

• Didn't read all the comments, but just thought I'd jump in and say HELLO! I am Mormon (YES, we ARE Christian). Just thought I'd wave to everyone :) One of the biggest reasons that I have been able to be open minded about going raw vegan is because of the Word of Wisdom and what our scriptures tell us.

Grace

• LilEarthMuffinLilEarthMuffin Raw Newbie

Hello again everyone :) I used to post in this thread a while back. I was wondering if anyone could reccomend some inspiring passages or paslms to read. Lately I have been feeling very stressed (college applications!) and the changing of seasons is getting my down. Thanks!

• Welcome T-elos. Nice to meet you. Mikfizzle, a couple things I read when I need to be reinvisioned or redirected;) is the book of Esther, or anything about Daniel and his stay in the palace of the pagan king, or even Ezekiel. Eshters purpose for eating raw was two fold, A) to conform to her Jewish ways of honoring God in a pagan palace, & B) to prepare her body for the king. Daniel, the same as Esther's first. What I love about Ezekiel is that God told him specifically what he should be eating, how much, and for how long.

May God's goodness and Love envelope you as you are pressing through the application process. Stressful yes, but exciting in the end I'm sure;)

• I'm a Christian and I've been raw for over three years. Glad to know you're all here!

Hey there Raw Grannie!

Mikfizzle -

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

John 14:26-28

Hey all! I am pleased to report that my insomnia's been significantly reduced since I took out a lot of processed food and sugar in my diet and starting eating more raw. I try to eat all meals raw except for the one cooked meal a day. Yay for raw! And glory to God who is our ultimate healer! I'm currently reading up on detox and researching which kind I will do first. Blessings to all!

• This thread's been dead for a while, but I just thought I'd pop in and add myself to the list of raw Christians.

Romans 14 is my motto.

• southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

I am not yet raw, but I am slowly making steps in the directions. My husband and I hope to raw by next New Year. I just had a sweet baby boy in May, and we want to raise him to love the Lord, and take care of the temple he was blessed with. We want to be raw within the next year because we know that our son is going to have tons of energy eating raw, and we want to be able to keep up, and enjoy life with him. I just started a blog a few weeks ago, and I talk about natural parenting practices, raw food, breastfeeding, and will soon be talking about my Christian walk. Check it out if you any of you are interested in any of those things.

http://www.ConsiderEden.com

By the way, I love this thread, very helpful and encouraging. You don't come across many believers these days who care about what they put into their bodies, but it's nice to see that there are some!

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

southernlover: Interesting website... and Elimination Communication post.