Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Juice Fasting

JoescJoesc Raw Master

Does anyone know of any good books for juice fasting? I have done the master cleanse before but that was before I went raw so the maple syrup wasn’t an issue. I want to know if I were to do a juice fast which juices are good or bad. Which vegetables should I juice to get maximum detox. I have found many websites that state the benefits of juicing but none that state what you are suppose to consume. I know if I don’t have any guidance I will drink pineapple and orange juice everyday. Please help.

Comments

• I did a five day little juice fast and followed the instructions in Natalia Green’s Raw Food Detox Diet. I also just bought online ($15) Angela Stokes’s (sp?) ebook on her 92 day juice feast, and there’s lots of great info there. you can buy it on her website rawreform.com. good luck!

• Debbie5125Debbie5125 Raw Newbie

I have limited juice fast experience but I know a bit about it. Be careful with just fruit juices because I know it effects blood sugar a little (but then, there are just orange juice fasts) . I like to make sure I have greens. And lots of celery and cucumbers because they are hydrating. Oh, and strain the juice. No pulp (that might be obvious, but many people don’t know that). I’m sure you’ll get some really good advice from others. Debbie

Oh, and I think the last post meant Natalia Rose (great book!)

• I can say from personal experience that orange juice fasting is not that great. I think oranges are just way too high in sugar so you end up going through really big highs and lows. Green juices are definitely the most healing. I really like to drink young coconut water while fasting it’s very hydrating.

• just about any juice if its fresh ( you juiced it ) is good for you. dont fast on store bought juice its not the same at all.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Thank You for all the information! It really helped.

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi Joesc. Go to www.rawreform.com and Angela Stokes has a book about veggie fast called A juice Feaster’s Handbook. You can see her movie talking about it. She did a 92 day juice feasting and she explains about it on the movie.I’m thinking about that too.Maybe I’ll do a small juice feasting.

• Debbie5125Debbie5125 Raw Newbie

I checked out the rawreform and juice feast. She looked beautiful and so peaceful. I want to learn more about what she did. It has totally changed my outlook of a juice “fast”. Debbie

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Her skin looked better too. I will try a few day fast once I have get and read the book by Natalie Rose. Maybe I will try the 92 day fast once I get the courage and Angela Stoke’s book.

• I’m on day 31 of a juice fast based on Angela Stokes. I just went through her blog and followed what she had been drinking. I eventually started to make my own but I keep to a general rule of at least one green drink a day. My green drinks include at least 1-2 pounds of spinach and/or kale. My total daily intake of liquid ranges between 4 and 6 liters a day. It’s been amazing. I love it.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I did a juice fast about a month ago. I like the book ‘Juice Fasting and Detoxification’ by Steve Meyerowitz. It is easy to read and talks about the different liquid fasts and what to expect.

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi dirt. congratulations on your juice fast. Wow!!! 31 days is a lot! I did 5 days,and I’m thinking in doing the 92 days,but I don’t know.Can you work,exercise and do evrything ok? I have Angela stoke’s e-book and I’m reading it,but I still a little afraid of the lengh of time.Looks to long for me,92 days.

• hey lucy. It’s been easier then I thought it would be. The worst was week three but now I feel like I could go forever. I’m at the office 10-12 hrs a day. I go to the gym 3-5 times a week and I feel the best I’ve felt in a long time.

and now its 32

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

thanks dirt,you gave me a lot of hope.I feel that I can do it. Congradulations again,and again.That is amazing!!

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Wow! Dirt the third week being the hardest doesn’t seem too appealing. When I did the master cleanse I only did it for 13 days. The first three days were the worst. I dreamt about food the 2nd and 3rd night. Congratulations to you, how long are you going to do the fast?

I haven’t gotten my e-book from Angela Stokes yet. I ordered it and I know I can’t do long term right now. Thanks queenfluff I will have to order his book too. I have been looking for Natalie Rose’s book on Amazon but I haven’t found it so I will have to look for her site. I am so happy for all the information! Soon I will be prepared to do a short juice fast or feast!

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

For juice fasts, what are your favorite recipes/combinations? I’m starting a short juice fast in a couple days and am interested in cutting down on sugar as much as possible. Thanks everyone!

• I am juice feasting atm, Angela Stokes has been a major source of inspiration.

I have been keeping things simple.

Mornings light : Orange with lemon, Lemon water, Carrot Apple and Ginger is wonderful wake up juice!!

.. Coconut Water with Apple is great, a nice treat in the evenings.

Green juices too, the possibilities endless.. although I cant get used to those!!

• Don Colbert MD author of Toxic Relief has the following recipes in his book:

Breakfast: 4 carrots 1 apple 1 beet 1 scoop Green Superfood

Snack: 2 carrots 2 celery stalks 1 apple 1 beet

Lunch: 1/2 head of cabbage Handful of collard greens 2 carrots 1 apple

Dinner: 4 carrots Handful of collard greens 1 clove garlic Handful of dandelion root 1/2 cucumber