Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

raw alternative for balsamic vin?

hey guys,

do you know of one? please let me know b/c i love it!!!!!

thanks in advance

Comments

• i heard it is boiled before aged…i guess i’ll just call the brand that i use and ask. thanks!

• There is no substitution for really good balsamic. I just use it anyway cause it doesn’t cause me adverse reactions. I have also used dried figs, soaked and blended with apple cider vinegar. That gives a sweet rich quality, but it is definitly not balsamic.

• lizzie, figs w/ apple cider vin. sounds great. thank you!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

I was just thinking… isn’t everything that is bottled or canned heat treated?

• deborahanndeborahann Raw Newbie

I order olives from goldminenaturalfoods.com that are in a jar and raw. I e-mailed the manufacturer and they said that no heat was used in the canning process so I assume it was vacuum packed.

Thank you deborahann~ I’ve been to the Goldmine storefront in San Diego. I should have known. :) BTW, do you like Goldmine’s Raw Olives? Which do you get if there are different ones?

Thank you RawJim. It is probably the container that is always heat treated for sanitation.

BTW, your kitty pirate pic cracks me up every time I see it. Thank you for that lightness. :)

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

Is raw organic apple cider vinegar a good substitute for balsalmic vinegar? They’re both vinegars. I buy the Paul Bragg one, it’s usually available in most health food stores.