Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Snack foods to keep at work

SbutterAMflySbutterAMfly Raw Newbie

I’m just beginning my raw journey, so I don’t kick myself when I do eat cooked food, although I’m trying not to. I’ve been noticing that it’s more difficult to stay raw while at work.

I’m wondering if any of you have some good ideas for snack type foods that I can leave at work. We do have a refrigerator, and I have a drawer in my desk where I tend to keep things that won’t spoil…

I have a magic bullet and a friend will be returning my dehydrator soon.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

I bring veggie and fruit smoothies with me.Sometimes only smoothies for the day,at leat 3 of them,huge ones. Also,I make apple sauce in the vitamix,you can make it in the magic bullet (just apples and sometimes some flax seeds),or pear sauce,or apple and pear sauce,papaya sauce.or just some fruit too.Nuts,and some dry fruit,but bring some water to soak them.Good water is very important to bring too.And for me have to have some desert like brownies (walnuts and dates in the food processor),and salads too.

• Well, when I’m at school, my favorites are things that you don’t prepare and don’t make a mess. I usually bring green apples, packets of grapes, or baby carrots. I like very simple things, so I’m sorry if I couldn’t be of great help in my personal example. I would suggest, for sustainability and ease, bringing an avocado and spooning it out of its shell like a cup, for a meal, and bringing in dried fruits, sprouts, or fresh berries if you need a burst of energy. You could make dips or smoothies in large quantities the night before and bring them in smaller containers throughout the week, as well. I mono-eat so I always find that that works the best. :)

• SbutterAMflySbutterAMfly Raw Newbie

Thank you both for your suggestions. Today I brought a cantaloupe, some “Soaked Groats Breakfast” and a green smoothie. We’ll see how this goes.

I’m planning on stopping at the market tonight to pick up some more dried fruit and nuts. They will probably keep well in my drawer.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

make a nice trail mix out of sprouted dried nuts and dried fruit i carry some in my truck with all day, i also pack a lunch though in my cooler but as for sancking once you get your dehydrator the sky is the limit!

• I try to always keep a little baggie of almonds and pecans/walnuts in my purse. I find for myself that nuts really tide me over and keep me from hunger. Sometimes I keep a Lara bar in my purse too, that helps.
    Sometimes I make a seaweed wrap for travelling, that’s always yummy.