Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I got a juicer for Xmas..yay!

It’s awesome and I am totally digging it (messy tho!) I juiced some beets last night…they are so beautiful…what a color! wow. Reminded me of my punk rock days when I had beet colored fuschia hair LOL!!!

What is everyone’s fav juice combos? I made ginger, carrot, apple, beet, celery. Yes I went a tad overboard but I’m new at this :)

Comments

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

can you tell me what brand/model you got? I’m about to purchase one and was wondering. Thanks! (my hair was blue/green – those were the days!)

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

My folks got me a Hamilton Beach juicer…it’s not one of the heavy duty expensive ones…but it will do me for now :)

• What a GREAT present. I think the best juicer is the one that sits on your kitchen counter and you use. When that wears out, then upgrade. Best juicing book to read: Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices by Dr. Norman W. Walker. Check it out. Enjoy your juicer.

• I didn’t get a juicer for Christmas, but I did get a BlendTec! So I just ordered myself the Omega 8003 juicer. Merry Christmas to me!

I would love to hear of some of your good juicing combos. I will check out that book too, Birdseed. Thanks!

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

Thanks for the insight Birdseed!

• skizzyskizzy Raw Newbie

you will love your omega 8003, renoir! i love mine.

i’ve been throwing pomegranate seeds into everything. they go great with citrus!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Skizzy – one of the best morning juices I ever had was a 1/4 of a cantelope and a handful of pomegrante seeds. Of course you already know you have to really blend it in order to completely liquify the seeds. Not only was this wonderful to drink but it was really beautiful. When I added the seeds the red color turned the cantelope to this amazing coral color. It reminded me of these gorgeous roses I saw in a lady’s garden once. I am always amazed at how good it tastes and how pretty it is to look at. It always makes me feel like I am one with nature. It is nice when you find a food or experience that does that for you.

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

That’s soooo great. Congrats and cheers to your juicy health :)

I love granny smith apples in my juice for fun tartness. Happy New Year!

• If you’re into green juices, there’s something about the combo of spinach/kale, parsley, celery and lemon that really does it for me. Gives you a beautiful chloropyll high type of energy, with hardly ANY sugar. The lemon is what makes the extreme green taste more palatable, and actually enjoyable.