Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Question

If you warmed water up on the stove then added some cocoa, agave and vanilla would it still be considered raw?

Comments

• I’m new to this, but I think the general rule is not heated over 118 degrees. I’m not positive, but I think that’s the highest temp before enzymes die…?

• There’s lots of different temperatures people state…I’ve heard 108 as well. Natural_Vegan, lots of raw foodists enjoy herbal teas…warm/hot as opposed to hot/hot water, this wouldn’t be too different. You could always just have it for a special treat.

• Okay! Thank you!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Agave, vanilla and cacao are not considered raw food ingredients by all raw foodists. It mainly depends which kinds of those ingredients you use.But as a transition food type of drink I can see it could be good help for getting off coffee, tea and hot chocolate.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

RawJim~ Please define “denatured.” :)

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Denature: a change in shape
    heat causes a break in bonds which results in denaturization.

de

• skizzyskizzy Raw Newbie

enzymes are VERY specific shapes. changing the structure renders them useless.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Y’all sound like you sleep on chemistry books. Osmosis? LOL

• Just wanted to clarify that although lots of raw foodists enjoy teas and cocoas and maple syrup, they aren’t “techinally” raw, but are still good for you if their quality is very pure and organic. Still, they aren’t considered really raw.