Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

FLAX seeds..

FLAX seeds..

Comments

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

I grind them and put them in… or if the blender is good enough to break them open, you’ll be fine.

Mustard greens. The same thing happened to us! We added more of another greens and added more fruit and water. It was tolerable, but still spicy. We’ve had enough mustard greens for a very long time!

• skizzyskizzy Raw Newbie

i usually grind flax seed before putting it in my smoothies.

however, i found out on accident that you can indeed sprout them if you are so inclined. i left some whole ones to soak for flax crackers and i forgot about them for two days. when i came back, they had little tails! they also had a rather gross coating of mold, so i had to throw them out, but if i’d rinsed them regularly like a good sprouter they would have been fine.

• I get a combo pack of “Mixed Southern Greens” from Trader Joes for smoothies. It has spinach, mustard, collard, & turnip greens. I mix with fruit and usually barely taste the greens. Every once in a while I will taste a little spicy kick, but I never knew it was from the mustard!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Renoir~ I use that greens blend also. It was interesting to have that bit of “peppery” hint to the smoothie.