Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Hippocrates green juice recipe?

newbienewbie Raw Newbie

Does anyone know what goes into the Hippocrates green juice? On their website, when you look at daily menus, they mention morning green juice and afternoon green juice. They also mention taking wheat grass twice during the day, which looks to be separate from the ‘green juice’.

Any knowledge of ingredients and proportions?

Thanks

Comments

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

I don’t know specifically, but green juice is usually some combination of celery, cucumber, zucchini, cabbage and sometimes sprouts.

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

does anyone know a specific combination? (for food combining and such)

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

newbie~ If someone doesn’t have the recipe, email Hippocrates and see if they will tell you what is in their green drink. :) And, of course, after you get a reply, post it here. :)! I suspect they use whatever is growing in their garden at the time so the contents might vary throughout the growing cycles.

I’ve already emailed them twice over the past few weeks and haven’t gotten a response :-(

• FreesiaFreesia Raw Newbie

In my Hippocrates Diet and Health book, the recipe for “Green Drink” includes
    carrots,celery,peeled cucumbers, buckwheat& sunflower sprouts,and a combination of other sprouts such as alfalfa, lentil , cabbage or mung bean.
    This all goes through a wheatgrass juicer and is strained to remove pulp.
    Hope this helps..

Thanks so much! I wouldn’t have guessed that carrot, buckwheat, and lentil would be in there. Thanks for sharing

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

Get their book, Living Foods for Optimum Health. Call your local library and see if they have the book, or better yet buy it, support them, they are supporting those that want to know the truth, well worth the money spent, we love this book! :)

Here’s a rough idea of the combos: sunflower and buckwheat green sprouts (or other green sprout juice) juice, cucumber and celery juice. Or you can do a combo of 4-5 different green herbs with cucumber juice, or as Feesia wrote on the other juice combo. I know that they really like sunflower, buckwheat, wheatgrass and sweetpea sprouted greens, and boy do they taste good on their salad bar! It looks as though they use an assortment of organic greens, cucumbers, celery, and sprout greens all juiced together. It’s good to mix up your greens, not get into the same combo, you need to get different qualities from different greens.

I’d definitely recommend their book, it is really informative and has important recipes in the back as these…well worth the money! It also is a blast and boost in energy to see Brian Clement speak! If you check their website, he might be coming to your area in the future and it is soooooooo worth it…he’s coming here in a few weeks, I think he’s one of our favorites to hear.

rawmama, thanks so much for the info. I was checking out their site and trying to decide which books to get. I will definitely consider Living Foods for Opt Health. I emailed them to ask about rates, but have not received a response. I would love to attend for a week (that’s about all the time I could be away from my toddler). Wish I could, but at least I can get the info from their books. Thanks!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

newbie~ That’s sad to hear that Hippocrates has not replied to your emails.

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

I have a sheet with their rates on it, but won’t be able to get to it until tomorrow. They have never answered any of my emails. I always had to call them with questions.