Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Juicers?

OK sorry…I KNOW Ive seen this asked a hundred times already…but which juicer do you think is “best” I need it to last a long time, extract as much as possible, do all the fancy things(nut butters,wheatgrass etc.) but not take a long time to clean. I have 3 kids and just dont have much time to clean a machine I will be using 3 or 4 times a day. Thanks. Jaclyn.

Comments

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

hey RawJim, you changed your icon! :-)

• I love my hamilton beach juicer! I got it for under $5.00 at our thrift shop and it works amazing.. I can’t imagine why the previous owner ever got rid of it!! I use it daily. My fav juice is 2 apples and 2 inches of celery stalk and mix with 1/2 cup of water and some ice. It’s so refreshing it will make you go AHHH lol.
    The juicer is EASY to clean. You have to scrub the filter but the rest of the machine rinses out. The filter is metal so just a dish sponge or tooth brush gets it cleaned in less than a min. I recommend it and I think it’s one of the less expensive juicers you can buy new. Approx $70.00
    I don’t think it does fancy stuff but it juices! Even seeds.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I like the Breville Juice Fountain. Got it because Natalie Rose recommends it in her books. It’s an especially easy clean up and not very expensive. One model is 80 dollars, one model 150.

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

I second the Breville Models. Don’t dismiss it because it uses centrifugal motion as opposesd to mastication. Its a great juicer and a good value.

• Yup, Breville as well here. If you get it at Bed Bath and Beyond, don’t forget your 20% off coupon. I got mine for 60 dollars and it rocks. For smoothies, I wouldn’t recommend anything other than a VitaMix. I got mine new about 4 years ago and it is the best purchase ever. Happy Shopping :) HP

Hi RawJim,

Is the Omega a centrifugal juicer? I ask because I own a champion and a breville and find them completely different. The Champion gives a denser, richer juice, and can’t be beat for making frozen banana ice cream. You do have to chop things up small to fit them into the funnel thingy. It is well made but expensive. I don’t regret buying it but I use my breville more often for straight juicing. Its quick, takes small apples whole so WAY less chopping and its pretty easy to clean. Also you can find one cheaply if you hunt.
    My two cents worth. Good Luck!

Oh well….. nevermind. I see the model you are wondering about is a masticater. :o) Should have done my reseach first.o)

• Here is an article and side by side comparison chart of different juicers. I found these very helpful in selecting a juicer. I ended up buying the Omega 8003, and it is supposed to get here tomorrow, so I will let you know how it works!

http://www.canningpantry.com/pickingjuicer.html

http://www.discountjuicers.com/compare.html