Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Green Tea??

rawgirl1976rawgirl1976 Raw Newbie

I drink hot Green Tea in the morning. I eat 100% raw all of the time except this one thing. Does anybody know that since it is hot tea, is there anyway that this is putting toxins into my body as I drink it. I always hear how good green tea is for you and I love having something hot in the morning. Just so you know I drink a whole pot every morning. Thank you,

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I have often wondered the same thing, rawgirl1976, as I too cannot give up my morning tea…it is quickly becoming the only non-raw item I consume. Any info. would be greatly appreciated!

• This was discussed a bit elsewhere on here, but no consensus was reached. I definitely start my day with green tea, and love it. It’s not really food, so I think it’s okay to drink hot. And it’s just so good for you!!

• hot tea and really hot anything isnt good for you. when you eat hot things your body has to use energy to defend itself. inside your body is delicate so dumping hot tea down there is not a good idea.same thing when you drink ice cold stuff.you may not feel it but it is not doing you good to drink real hot or real cold drinks. some think this approach is extreme because we live in a society that teaches us that its ok to do this.

suggestion… let the tea become room temp. before you drink it you will still get the antioxidants from it you just wont be damaging your insides.

• Has anyone here considered the high fluoride content of green and black tea? I would encourage you all to read the article entitled “Green Tea, Fluoride, and the Thyroid” found at Mercola.com Go to the website then type in the article title in the search box.

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

“hot” tea isn’t good “warm” tea is very healthy. Many oriental cultures eat a diet composed of tons of fresh veggies and consume large amounts of green tea. They have an amazingly long lifespan and are very healthy. Green tea contain a very high level of antioxidants which protect us from free radicals. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with drinking tea.You don’t have to agree with me, I am just stating my personal opinion after researching quite a lot of info.

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

Instead of giving you my opinion on Good/Bad. I will just say, if you are concerned, try a month without it. I doubt you will want it again. Those I know, who have tried this experiment did not. On a factual note, unless you can stir it with your finger, it’s not raw. Also Green Tea contains caffeine.

• in reality it isnt healthy to drink green tea. the caffiene in it is proof of that

• I used to drink white tea and sometimes green tea during the day while I work. I never thought much about it as it was only a small part of my daily calories. Then I stopped drinking it for about 1 month. One day I tried just a small amount of it and my body reacted very strong to the caffeine (I think). I got a strong headache, pain in my back, my head was spinning, hands were shaking. I decided to quit that habit right there. I will donate my green tea leaves to the next food drive.

• i have a suggestion/question to add…. i stopped drinking green tea until i found matcha, which i think is ground green tea leaves, pureed… i mix this with almond milk to make a kind of latte which tastes really good with crushed ice cubes and still gets all of the tea’s antioxidants (it is said to be the key antioxidant in reducing sun damage leading to skin cancer, a big problem in my family). is this okay??

• Debbie5125Debbie5125 Raw Newbie

What about Yerba Mate tea? I love it and it gives me soooo much energy without caffeine. It’s really good sweetened with a little agave or raw honey.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hi k8lyn07 If it is ground green tea then it has caffeine in it which isn’t good. Maybe check with the manufacturer to see if it has been heated during it’s drying. But the test is just go without for a while, see how you feel, have it again and compare the feeling.

Hi Debbie, I don’t know anything about yerba mate, but why do you need something to give you energy, a stimulant? Raw foods should give you all the energy you need. Try cutting out any cooked food things you eat and see how your energy rockets then :)

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

cacao gives you energy:) Do not take my statement lightly and have some cacao nibs at night. I did that before and I was up until 3:00

• Debbie5125Debbie5125 Raw Newbie

Hi, Zoe. Trust me, the raw diet gives me energy! But sometimes, the little rush from some cacao nibs or powder…or the yerba mate tea is fun and gets me through a few hours of playing with my three year old twins. :)

• Same thing happened to me with cocao. It is basically raw vegan crack.

• Great Stuff. I’m going to try this cacao remedy if I ever feel I’d like the extra energy.

• raw vegan crack eh.. hahah yeah thats what i was wondering i will def check with the manufacturer… i am just hesitant to rule it out from my diet in its raw form just because, even with the caffeine, of all the antioxidant power that has been documented about it as a superfood… thoughts?