Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Sprouting

I see that a lot of raw recipes call for sprouting. Can anybody give me some tips on how to do this? Is there a video somewhere online that shows how? Do you need to buy anything? Thank you

Comments

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

There are some sprouting tips on a similar thread.

• be sure to wash your sprouts very good. there is a mold that grows when you sprout beans and things that will make you very very sick. to be safe you can soak them in 30 drops of grapefruit seed exrtract and water this will kill all the mold

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I have just recently gotten into sprouting myself. It is easier than I thought. I have a sprouter called a Biosta which makes it easier. It is a plastic, three level sprouter that requires no electric. I paid around 24$ for mine (I can’t remember where I bought it online though). Here is one site: http://www.juicersforless.com/product_info.php/...

All you have to do is water the top level once a day and the water filters to the other levels. It is so easy. It is easy to clean too. Here is a page that I use as a guide to how long different seeds and grains take to sprout: http://www.living-foods.com/articles/sprouting….

• Anyone tried the Burpee little sprouter thing? I don't have alot of room...my kitchen is horrible! I want to do my own broccoli sprouts as the stores here don't seem to have them alot of the time and I love them little suckers :D I need a small sprouter. I just looked at the biosta one it looks pretty cool too...bigger than the burpee...now I need to contemplate my decision hee hee...anyone have cheap organic seed place they wanna share???

• Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

Hey Jaymz72,

did you mean 30 drops of grapefruit extract? or 3?

30 drops will melt off your taste buds!

• Yeah i had never heard that you need to add anything to the soak water...especially if they are organic seeds??? Can someone explain...thx!

• Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

grapefruit extract would kill any dangerous mold etc that grows along with the sprouts