Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Is store bought banana chips raw

HI i am newis store boghth dehidrated banana chips raw and how aboout dates-I just discovered them and they are yummy.And how about jared red cabbage

Comments

• Hi Holly, I believe dates are raw, though I am not sure about the banana chips- I know some have sugar added – you want to avoid those. As for cabbage- are you talking saurkraut? If so it is only raw if it says so- many are pasteurized it should say raw on it.

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

many of the banana chips in stores are fried from what ive been told .

• I have seen the raw banana chips. The texture is sort of chewy and bendable. The hard banana chips are not raw. You can make your own banana chips. Just slice them and put on dehydrater. They are really yummy!!

• i was wondering about store bought banana chips. i just dehydrated 3 bananas (sliced bite sized) for almost 2 days at 105 degrees. i was expecting them to come out crunchy. they were mos def chewy and bendable…and soooo super SWEET! loves me some bendy raw nana-chips. yesssssssssss next time i wont dehydate for as long…totally not necessary.

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

i have tried to make my own, and they just go chewy. ( which is really good actaully) So store bought B chips are a little suspect I think! probably not raw! :( make your own, they are better anyway!:)