Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

juice pulp at whole foods

the whole foods juice bar throws out their veggie pulp. bring in a container and you can load up to make patties, crakers, breads and more… for FREE!

Comments

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

But not organic.

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

Heck, you could throw it in your compost or on your lawn and at least you’d have a healthy lawn tee-hee :) Sometimes I use non-organic to make crackers, and if you have a great recipe at least it’d be worth a try…especially for people that are short on cash but want to eat healthier. I guess my only question would be, do they wash their produce before juicing…that would concern me even more than being non-organic…but you could always ask. Thanks for the heads up on that! Yesterday the produce guy was throwing away boxes of mushrooms because the plastic was torn or not tight…I didn’t have the nerve to ask what they do with them, I’ll ask next time, maybe I can get a boat-load of veggies for free that way!

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

RCBAlive- whole foods doesn’t juice organic produce? wow. i just assumed since it was an organic market (and that’s why i shop there!) that the juice was organic. that’s too bad indeed.

rawmama- but yes, this is great for people short on cash, and for composting as well.

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Juice Bar? Whole Foods? The Whole Foods near me doesn’t have one. Maybe the new one they are building down the road will. Fingers crossed. Lord I’ve been on this site a ton today. Can you tell I’m waiting on plumber. Sheesh.

• RCBAliveRCBAlive Raw Newbie

Pianissima, from my information, Whole Foods does not use organic produce for their juices or their food/salad bars. Unless things have changed, I believe that information is correct. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

• Whole Foods labels the prepared food they sell if it’s organic. The Whole Foods around me don’t have juice bars either, bummer.