Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw restaurants/cafes in California?

Our family is probably going for a trip there and I WOULD love to try a raw restaurant. (I’ve been dying to for ages and ages) Where would be some good ones and what city/town are they in? Which ones are your favorites?

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

In addition to the suggestions you will get, look at Happy Cow for more suggestions.

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

oh oh oh , i know this one ; )
    ive never been there but theres a raw food expert ive conversed with alot on the internet from SoCal and she says :

AUC LAC in fountain valley . another friend also visited there from the mid west and dreams about going back . theyve a site on line with a menu , i’ll bring back link when can .

• michigan romanmichigan roman Raw Master

also ide go to www.rawfoodtalk.com , once there click on the 30 day challenge to get to forums . in these forums theres alot of californians , and alot of real cool people that are very helpful .
    just like here !

• Thank you buckets guys!

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

julianos-LA

• In Los Angeles there are about 12 or so raw restaurants. Here are some:

Julianos Raw in Santa Monica
    Rawvolution in Santa Monica
    Terra Bella in Redondo Beach
    Good Mood Food in Huntington Beach
    Leaf Cuisine in Culver City
    Taste of the Goddess Cafe in LA
    Cru in Silverlake
    118 Degrees in Costa Mesa

in San Diego
    Cilantro (4 locations)

in San Francisco
    Cafe Gratitude (4 locations)

• In San Francisco there is Cafe Gratitude and Alive…. both amazing food!

• Thanks a lot!

• La Vie in Santa Cruz. Not 100% raw, but they have an assortment of delicious raw entrees and sides.

• Me and my wife like Leaf Cuisine in Culver City (Los Angeles area) since it’s affordable and very good.

Leafs website – http://www.leafcuisine.com/

We liked Cru in LA also, but it’s a bit pricey. Lots of pretty people hang out there.

Rawvoltion (Euphoria Loves Rawvolution) in Santa Monica is probably the least favorite, or at least my wifes least favorite. It’s hip and trendy but some of there food is lackluster. I mean they can’t even make a decent guacamole.

http://www.euphorialovesrawvolution.com/

Some of the Whole Foods in LA have a small area for fresh RAW cuisine too, though a slice of raw cheesecake will set you back seven bucks or so.

Cali is a big state so it depends on where you go.