Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Codex Alimentarius

chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

By Julia Griffin with Rima E. Laibow
In 2004, Dr. Rima Laibow left her successful medical practice to battle Codex Alimentarius, an international legal organization that controls food legislation. Codex’s legislation limits supplements, allows pesticides and GMOs, and irradiates all foods that come into the United States. In this interview, she explains Codex’s agenda, the value of nutrition and changing the future.

Julia: You have to be incredibly devoted to your cause. What awakened this passion?

Dr. Rima: I had watched Codex by reading the text and observing their process for about 10 years. Although it is invisible, it is not secret. Codex was clearly poisoning the world food supply; it was also increasing its pace, intensity and scope at an accelerated pace. I could not remain silent. In my ethical system, if an evil is being perpetrated and you do nothing, then you become a perpetrator.
At that time, I healed people through natural non-toxic means including diet, dietary supplements, detoxification and other profound technologies. I did not use drugs in my practice, either psychiatry or medicine. I finally decided that I could no longer sit at my desk, with my nice life and a nice practice, while having the joy of curing one person at a time, when I knew that a cataclysm was heading for the world.
So in December of 2004, my husband, General Stubblebine, a two-star general, and I closed the practice within three weeks to take on this global evil. We want to turn it into an opportunity, as the chaotic birthing matrix of the new paradigm of the pro-health, clean unadulterated food, high-potency nutrient approach to staying well or getting well. That is what we believe can come out of the tremendous assault on our health and health freedoms.

Julia: What is Codex Alimentarius? Who are the corporations behind it and how real is the risk?

Dr. Rima: Codex is a United Nations program that is run and administered by the Food and Agricultural Commission (FAO) and the World Health Organization (WHO). It is allegedly a food standard organization for international trade of food which has three mandates: (1) to protect health of consumers; (2) to facilitate the free trade of food; (3) to standardize the environmental regulations for governmental and non-governmental organizations. In fact, Codex is a playground for the multi-national corporations which are interested in food and health. The five constituents that benefit from Codex are: big Pharma, big Bio-Techna, big-Chema, big Medica, and big Agra biz.
Behind that, it is about illness. The United States, shamefully, is the driver of this five engine juggernaut. The United States is the bully, the dominant dog in Codex. Whatever the United States wants, it has achieved.

Julia: Why was Codex created initially? What is its purpose?

Dr. Rima: Codex is a pharmaceutical initiative that stems from the German death camps. Its history is quite interesting. The system employed in the German death camps was created and implemented by I. G. Farben (Interessen-Gemeinschaft Farbenindustrie, also called I.G. Farbenfabriken). I. G. Farben was a German conglomerate of companies during World War II, the great Nazi combine that included pharmaceuticals, chemicals, munitions, mining and other heavy industries all combined under a single directorship.
The over-manager of I. G. Farben, Fritz ter Meer, and twenty-six other I. G. Farben employees were deeply involved in what the Germans called “the killing of useless eaters” or people who had lives not worth living. They provided the chemicals that were injected into the hearts of death camp prisoners, as well as having manufactured the gas, Zyklon B, used to kill them.
After World War II, they were incarcerated for four years by the Nuremberg War Crimes Tribunal. While imprisoned, Fritz ter Meer hypothesized that food was the answer to gaining world power. He concluded that “he who controls food, can control the world.” He later became the head of Bayer Pharmaceuticals, and he called together the executives of former I. G. Farben, suggesting a letter to urge the United Nations take over the regulation of world food. Fifteen years after they were convicted in the Nuremberg War Crimes Tribunal, this actually happened. In 1962, the Codex Alimentarius Commission was formed.
Fritz ter Meer, Bayer, BASF and Hoechst again became the main designers of the schemes that would profit from human suffering. The deceptive title “Codex Alimentarius” is no accident. It was devised by the same companies and indeed the same individuals, who gave the Auschwitz concentration camp inmates the deceptive slogan “Arbeit mach frei” (“Work makes you free”).1
In 1963, as a result of this, standards and guidelines began to be promulgated for everything that goes into your mouth: milk, food, oil, nuts, water, vitamins, or minerals. If it goes into your mouth, then there is a standard for it.
No one paid any attention until 1994 when the World Trade Organization was created. The World Trade Organization was given the power to levy trade sanctions to countries that were creating a barrier to trade. Codex then applied to be the standard system by which food disputes were settled between nations. The World Trade Organization has three times rejected Codex and said there are other standards and organization. The best standard is science.

Julia: If Codex is an international organization, then how are we affected?

Dr. Rima: Codex is about international trade, but all countries are encouraged to adopt the Codex regulations as their domestic law, which means poisoning food doesn’t just affect the international trade but all foods grown in your own country. This set of standards will affect the health of everyone in the United States; it is not just nutrients and supplements, but all food

Comments

• Wow Chris. I had no idea! This is almost inconceivable to me, it is SO SCARY!!! Thank you for posting this. I’m off to pass it along to my family and friends.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I have been familiar with this movement for a few years. It is truly evil. There are several youtube videos of Dr. Rima’s lectures. She is definately doing a good deed. It is because of Codex that I contacted all the presidential campaigns to see if any candidate had a heads up on what they are doing. No one does and it seems no one cares. The only resposne I got back from anyone was the Edward’s campaign who stated they supported disclosure of GMO products. While I also believe what she is saying is true, it is very difficult to get the average person to even consider this as a possibility. It is all very frightening.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

a while back someone posted about the mandatory radiation of leafy greens in the US. do you think they are already doing it anyway? i often wonder if we can even trust something that says “organic” at the supermarket.

other than the fact that it sounds harmful, i’m not really sure RADIATION does exactly. care to educate me?

• Chris, where exactly did this excerpt come from? I’d like to pass it along as you have it here, but I can’t find this exact one on the www.healthfreedomusa.org site, to forward.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Hey aspire,

It was sent to me as an email, but it did look like a copy from a webpage called Drunvalo’s web site! I see no address, so that’s all I can tell you.

Chris (while Zoe’s logged in, sorry Zoe)

• I first became aware of Dr. Laibow and the Codex Alimentarius yesterday, 23 January, 2009 , while surfing You Tube. On that site I saw about six videos that further explain the subject. I would urge all interested parties to check it out and spread the word if you find the subject interesting and compelling .

After all it does affect our food and our families and that is why we are here.

gjyli

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Several members have raised this issue. If you do a search for "codex" Forums, you will find 5 pages of threads that touch on this topic to one degree or another. This one, from March and April 2008, is probably the most extensive (http://www.goneraw.com/node/11945). This is a very important subject and one about which we really need to be educated. Once educated, we need to take action.