Raw bread

i am attempting to make raw bread within the next couple days. I was wondering how long can i keep the bread for in the fridge? also, can i freeze it? and if so, for how long?
Also I was wondering if someone could make a list of the different foods and how long they are good for.
for example:
Breads- ? days
Dressings- ?days
Soups- ?days
Desserts- ?days
etc….
Any comment would be great! Thanks!

Comments

• KristensRawKristensRaw Raw Newbie

Here are some basic rules of thumb to follow:

Breads…depends on how “dry” they are. If you get them pretty crispy then there is no water in them so they can last in the refrigerator for a couple of months or in the freezer for 6-10 months (depends also on how you store them as well – get as much air out as possible, etc). If the bread is still a little moist, I’d recommend eating it within the week. Just taste it day by day and see how it is. Store it in the refrigerator.

Dressings: I don’t keep them longer than 4 days (maybe 5 for some varieties).

Soups: 3-5 days. Taste it on day 4 and see how it is. Still taste fresh?

Desserts: Depends on the dessert. If it’s a cookie (dried fruit, nuts, that type of thing, it can last 10-14 days sometimes. When you think about it, it’s still just nuts and dried fruit, right?)These freeze very well so they can last months in the freezer. Mousse type desserts freeze well and can last months or in the refrigerator it can last 3-5 days.

**All this being said, if you use a FoodSaver it can add storage time to it. I wrote about this on my blog (url is below, just search for foodsaver)

Remember, this can vary on how you store the food, how much air you let in, etc…so always just keep things a few days and then taste it by day 4 and see how it tastes. Take it day by day from there.

Cheers!
    Kristen Suzanne

• Thank you!!!!! That helps a lot :0)