Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Avos!!! AHH

humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Hey all. I am havin some problems with avos here. I try to buy a small bag and keep it for a week but they get ripe way too fast. Is there any way to preserve them so they last. I hate to throw away those mushy avos. It feels like I am throwin away money here.

Thanks!

Comments

• Do you refrigerate them? I heard that they stop ripening when they are in the cold.

• When my avacadoes start softening up, I put them in the fridge and they keep much longer this way, at least one more week.

• What I usually do is buy a little bag of say 4 unripe avos. If they’re all the same firmness, I will take one and stick it in a paper bag with an apple so that it ripens faster. Keep doing this, keeping the others on your window sill, or whatever. Refrigerating works well too if they’re already ripe. Hope this helps!

• SystemSystem Raw Newbie

I put mine right away in the fridge when I get back from the store, and when I plan to use one I take it out the day before. I find this works perfectly.

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

thanks ladies :)