Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Seafood cravings

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Even though I’ve been vegetarian for six months and am now transitioning to 100% raw I still crave seafood, crab and some fish.

I’d rather not eat an animal so do you think this is just my body’s way of telling me I need something? Is there something raw I could give it that would help bite seafood cravings in the butt?

Comments

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Using seaweed does it for me. You can use Nori for handrolls or I sometimes crumble it into salads or pates (try tuna salad sandwiches-, it’s well loved on this site). I like that “sea” taste that seaweed gives things and they have good nutrients in them. There are other seaweeds also like Wakame and Kombu that are good. It might be fun to experiment with them.

• Thank you for that, Bluedolfin.
    And thank you for posting this MOTH.
    I am trying again to switch to vegetarian (and adding more raw each day), and my downfall is shrimp. =(
    I am definitely going to try that!

• SbutterAMflySbutterAMfly Raw Newbie

MOTH, funny you should mention this today. I was craving shrimp yesterday. Totally not something I usually crave.
    I’ll have to keep my eyes open for seaweed next time I’m at Whole Foods.
    Thanks!

• Ive had no temptations to eat SeaLIFE.. but i have craved others at one time.. now im just numb to it when i see co-workers eatting crap. its a phase you go through from the years of conditioning.. like Bluedofin says.. Seaweed works great!.. MAKE SURE YOU BUY RAW.. most are roasted..

WHole FOods has raw

• I can relate as after being vegan for 14 years I went on a trip with a meat eater, and fell into temptation of eating seafood. I think it is possible my body needed it as I was going through a bad detoxing the month prior and had a toxic reaction to mushrooms. However, since reading some articles on the bad effects of fish, I forwent and am back on the raw wagon again. You may want to read up on it through this free online raw course through http://www.fredericpatenaude.com/starterkit.html.
    This author has walked the raw trails and I have found his suggestions to be very beneficial.

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

Does anyone have any good links to articles as to why fish and sealife isn’t the greatest choice? I used to eat it regularly, and have also had some cravings… But I feel if I read up on it I might not have those cravings.