Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

A poo question

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Hey guys, I have a poo question. I’ve been 100% for about a week or so now, mostly raw for the past month. I feel incredible, amazing and love eating raw more then I ever thought possible.

Anyway, my stool this morning was loose (but not runny), black and dirtlike. It was seriously the blackest, strangest looking poo I’ve ever seen come out of myself. It looked like DIRT…soil.

At first I was weirded out, but then I wondered if I might be having some colon cleansing action going on from being raw.

What do you guys think? What has your experience been with detox and poo?

Comments

• Yup, thats what happens with detox. The raw food drags the plaque from your colon. When you do a focussed colon cleanse the stuff that comes out can be really gross! Look at this (warning, graphic poo pictures) http://www.blessedherbs.com/?sp=internal-cleans…

So yea, it’s fine.

• Nothing to worry about …..you are now in NATURES HOSPITAL …..add tons of green juices and accelerate the process….. you will have lots of foul gas too but it is ALL good ….have some coffee enemas in the morning to lessen detox discomforts or find a good colon therapist….to slow down the process if it is too uncomfortable eat a bit of cooked millet or a backed sweet potatoe with your salads…...... happy pooooooooing(smile)you are on canid camera….the madjuice doctor

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

Moth I’m glad you asked this question. I figured it might be detox, but I wasn’t sure as I did eat relatively healthy in the past.

• Wow, I wish I hadn’t looked at those pictures!

Moth, I’m not sure it’s detox. Perhaps you’re not eating anything with any binding capacity?

• I’m sorry, posting those pictures is just, well, WRONG!!!! I’m with you, Lionmouse; wish I’d NEVER looked.

• Detoxifying” unnamed “toxins” which supposedly build up over time by shitting out liquid gruel and shedding your sensitive intestinal lining is dangerous to your health and should not be practiced. Those pictures make me nervous – the bowel lining is there to protect us from harmful bacteria … our bodies have perfectly good detox systems in place with the liver and kidneys …

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Hi LionMouse. What foods have the most binding capacity?

• Bananas seem to work, but I rarely eat them. Sprouted grain breads won’t make the movement any more solid, but they’ll make the passage smoother and less dramatic.

I haven’t found any raw equivalent of white bread or matzo ball soup, which are basically glue.

(I’m a little embarrassed that I find this fascinating.)

• Have you taken any NSAIDS lately? If so, stop taking them and tell your doctor about it. They can cause your poo to look as you described it.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I think stools are supposed to be somewhat loose. I have loose ones and I’ve eaten raw for over 3 years. I’m way past having detox reactions from food. I go to the bathroom two or three times a day. I eat plenty of binding fiber. According to Dr. Mehmet Oz, this is optimal. Hard stools are in the colon longer.

I have never had a creature like the ones in the ad appear and I’ve done a few herbal cleanses. I’m doing one by Jon Barron now. The people whose poo was photoed may be SAD eaters. The mucoid plaque can be removed a little at a time instead of all at once.

• Has anyone had any pain or discomfort in their bowel?

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

numptellie13: OK… here’s an off-the-wall question… Do you eat seeds or other foods with points on them (like sunflower seeds) or are hard? If so, take a look at your poo and see if you can actually see the seed/food pieces in it. If so, then you are not chewing your food well enough and chunks may be irritating your bowels. This sometimes happens to me with sunflower seeds and popcorn. Be like a cow and really mash the food up… avoid wolfing down food.

123: Hard stools also might indicate the person is not drinking enough water. The poops aren’t getting enough moisture to be soft.

Lionmouse: You must be in seventh heaven right about now with all this poop chat. LOL

• Bluedolfin thanks but I haven’t actually eaten seeds since I became raw. Nuts I have (Which I am going to stop because I am beginning to think they are overrated in the big raw scale of things). But it’s not a sharp pain. It’s a heavy ache! Ooer embarrassing! I had this last time I detoxed (I’ve been on and off over Chrimbo) and sometimes it’s quite bad. :-(

nump~ I looked up “chrimbo” and it says “Shorter and less religious word for Christmas”. LOL What are you taking off and on?

• Ha! Lost in translation. I started raw about a month before Christmas and rememeber having the pain then. Then I had a break over Christmas and stuffed my face with as much toxic crap as my poor Mother could make (mebbe slight exaggeration! Just et normally but in normal Christmas sized amounts!). But I carried on with as much raw as possible in between. Then about a week ago I became calm and serene and about 95% – 100% raw give or take a few sneaky pasteurised olives and maybe a ryvita (crispbread) with raw soup. I usually eat as much fresh as possible. Fruits – apples…a good few oranges. Juices. Mango and Spinach smoothies erm…olives cacoa drinks, salads. I don’t think I’ve been doing it long enough to know whether it is a food reaction (ie. too many dastardly nutty nuts) or just an individual detox thing. We’ll have to see what everyone says when they wake up!

Oh… makes more sense now. LOL

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Nuts are actually healthy, particularly almonds and walnuts. I also think that a good source of selenium is Brazil nuts. It isn’t necessary to eat very many nuts though and most nuts are shelled by heat. It’s possible that you have food sensitivities. Spinach is high in oxalates and has laxative properties. A drastic diet change could be the culprit. There could be any number of reasons that you have this condition. Keep track of your diet to see if you can pinpoint the cause.

Also soft and loose are subjective terms. Are they just soft or do they break-up in the bowl?

• 123 can you tell us more about Spinach and oxalates.. i heard them and the nightshade family block the absorption of calcium.. thus stomping the popeye myth

• justagirljustagirl Raw Newbie

perhaps this is simply bad food combining? That can cause problems with a lot of people. But I have always recommended that people have several colonics when beginning raw foods, and then on a regular basis afterwards. It helps get everything out a lot more quickly!!

• thankee kind people.