Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Make up

I would like to use pure make up on my face instead of the poisons I use now. Does anyone here have suggestions about a brand they like? I use organic lipstick, but haven’t been able to find much in the way of foundation…

Comments

• SueSue Raw Newbie

I use Bare Minerals, sold by Sephora. If you have a Whole Foods near you, they have pure makeup, although quite expensive. I found that jojoba oil is excellent for makeup removal, and coconut oil is a great natural moisturizer. Hope that helps.

• Thanks~ I don’t have a Whole Foods store where I live… but thanks for your advice.

• I use Bare Minerals too but know that they are not 100% natural. There are a few other brands out there that I’ve known people to really like. Everyday Minerals is one, I’ll look for the others.

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

There are lots of good mineral makeups available online. I like Meow Mineral Makeup. Everyday Minerals is popular, too.

• Here’s a link from greenfeet.com with make up and other body products. Hope this helps.
    http://store.greenfeet.com/items.asp?Cc=FOUNDAT…

• Oh, that would be great to know. I’ve been wanting to know good brands for a while now. I know Burt’s Bees sells some stuff. Lip sticks and shimmers. Eyeshadows and blushes. Maybe some powder. I use some of their lip stuff and it’s nice, but I don’t think it’s tons long lasting.

• I love simply divine botanicals for facewash and various products. For the past year I have not wore anyone makeup besides lip gloss that I got from the pure food and wine store. Has anyone tried makeup from store.afterglowcosmetics.com? I’m just curious if there are any good quality organic make up companies out there that are worth buying. Personally I am just looking for a nice blush and maybe an eye shadow for special occasion. I purchased an organic mascara on ebay and I forget the brand it was. I used it for a few months and believe you should not use any makeup products longer than 6 months. Anyway, does anyone know of a good makeup company for the raw ladies?

• Wow~ thanks everyone!

• A few days ago I ordered from Bare Minerals. Is there anyone here who has some good experiences with their company?
    Hkittykitty, what’s not natural about their products?

• gypsycowgirlgypsycowgirl Raw Newbie

You might check out www.miessence.com they have great, organic products for skin and make-up. They are a multi-level company from Australia commited to pure products. I have used the skin care and love it—some stuff a little pricey but not bad.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie
  • I have been slowly changing over to natural products. Here is a great website that has research on cosmetic safety and a list of safe cosmetics and skin care.
    http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/index.php?key=...

if this does not work it is called skin deep by the environmental working group

If you are creative and have time here is a website where you can make your own. Most of the ingredients you can get from the health food store.
    http://www.makeyourcosmetics.com/

Good luck.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

Try www.poshorganix.com.. all the makeup and skin care is natural and organic. Woman who launched the site is a raw foodest