Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Norway

Hi! I live in Norway (originally from Minnesota) and I noticed that in another thread there were a couple of others living in Norway! So I wondered if there are many of us living in the same area? Scandinavia… Europe… or North Norway for that matter. I live in B

Comments

• Wow! I never imagined there would be a “norway” thread on this forum! :-D
    I’m from norway, and live in Oslo, but grew up not far from Bod

• I know! Isn’t it great that we are not alone in our crazy raw food ways in this country! I love it! I came to Norway in 99 to study music at the Grieg Academy. I finished studying there in 2003 then stayed here to work… and now I am marrying a Norwegian in march! So I am here for good it looks like :) Cool that you are a nordlending ;) Tenk p

• I have hmm..3 friends who has really kicked on raw food here in Oslo. One of them I just got to know, and he’s been raw for about a year – he cured himself from cancer! He’s around 50 years old I think. He’s selling chocolate, so if you’re into that, give me a hint and I’ll hook you up with him. He takes about 400 a kilo,and the cacao is organic and fairtrade. I think he was supposed to get up a site on the internet, but I don’t think it’s ready yet. We’ve bought some other stuff from him as well – kombucha (the drink) and maca, but I don’t know if he’s planning on selling it to “everyone”.

You know, about the kale – what the hell is it!? I’ve been wondering! There’s really not a lot of dark green leafy vegs here now.. and the ones that are, are usually not organic. I think there’s a chance finding them in the asian++ shops, but if they’re not in plastic I feel they’re really dirty (sometimes they keep their stuff outside and there’s a lot of polution), and even in plastic, it’s not organic.. But I have spirulina and stuff that I put in my smoothies, and hm..persille is good as well – alive and dark green. :-)

What insrument(s) do you play? And hows your fiancee when it comes to the raw food?

• That’s cool that you’ve got a rawfood network in Oslo! Definately let me know when he has his site up for selling raw stuff! I just bought lots of great stuff in the states at Christmas so I am stocked up for the moment, but thanks!

Hihi.. kale is wonderful! It is strange to miss something like leafy greens… but I love kale. It is a type of lettuce, I guess, that is really dark green. It is kind of bitter tasting and quite substantial.. long curly leaves. It is full of nutrients and is supposed to be much more nutrient rich than even spinich. So it is great stuff. I just read V. Boutenko’s book “green for life” and am kind of passionate about greens at the moment. The selection here in B

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Please help to educate Americans (and others… most of us are pretty unaware of other countries)... I usually think of Norway (and other Scandinavian countries… thank goodness for sites like this one that offer the opportunity to learn, share, and connect) as being a very homogeneous ethnicity. I was a bit surprised that y’all mentioned that there is an Asian market. Wow! How much of your population is made up of different ethinic groups? What is the variety? Thank you in advance.

Suggestion from a very dark thumbed person… Can you grow Kale indoors? Check out the Self Sufficiency on a Balcony thread for some info on container gardens.

• Hi Bluedolfin!
    There are about 4.7 million people living in Norway, and out of that, 415.000 are of another nationality, and there are about 200 different countries represented.. In percent, that’s about 8.9
    (thank God for Wikipedia :)

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

satnam~ Thank you. Wow! San Diego, CA has about 3 million people! I’ll have to look up a comparison of area of Norway vs San Diego. BTW, becareful of Wikipedia “facts.” I have found some interesting “view points” vs “facts” on some of the entries.

• Norway is not very populated, partly because we have a lot of mountains.
    And yeah, you’re right about Wikipedia. Shouldn’t always trust it :-)

• Hi, my name is Lily, its nice to know that there are actually people in Norway that have an interest in Raw foods!!!! yeah tell that to a typicall norwegian and they think you’re insane. Anyway if you live in Norway, Giv us a hola!!!! By the way i live in Hokksund, about 20mins from Drammen.

• Hi! Im from Norway to! Fun to see that there are more raw people here in Norway ^^

• Hey! Awesome! I am so happy to see the Norway post growing :) Welcome!!

• AndhiAndhi Raw Newbie

22 year old norweegian, been on the raw for 1 year now, its a lonely journey so far here in Arendal. im the only one i know at the moment who is raw! check out andhisjourney.com  going to post raw food philospohy and health tips there soon! 

ClaireT
  • ClaireTClaireT Raw Master

Hi, Andhi. At least you have us. smile

I wonder why more people in Norway aren't going raw? 

• AndhiAndhi Raw Newbie

well norway is a very meat and cheese country,  and alot of dairy products is sold as health products so i think missinformation is one of the reasons. but things are changing now tho, the raw food is accelerating and i think its gonne hit norway soon very soon!

TammiTrueClaireT
  • TammiTrueTammiTrue Raw Master

I hope raw food becomes more popular in Norway. I have always wanted to visit and see the winter there for myself.