Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

It's called Raw Food for a reason.

chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

I see dicussions here about limiting fats etc. in our Raw Food diets. I have seen posts from those who said that they cut back on fats and felt better. I have seen posts that even quote percentages that someone has ‘established’ as correct ratios.

I have come accross very few people who are 100% Raw to the point of researching every ingredient that they consume. With this in mind I always wonder who these studies are based on. Are the participants actually 100% Raw or are they only 70-80% or so. Do those who are only trying to be 80% Raw actually buy TRULY raw nuts and oils or do they not think/know/bother about it?

If you felt better after lowering your fat intake, maybe it is because you are eating less cooked nuts and oils. Nuts and Oils that you thought were raw.

I can’t understand allowing myself to eat even 10% cooked food, and then being concerned that I should eat less avocados.

Raw Food made sense to me the first time I heard about it. It’s so simple. Don’t eat dead food! I strugled my first year or so after deciding to be 100% raw because I kept finding items I was eating that were actually cooked. Since I have eliminated all the cooked items from my diet I have felt great continually without worrying about ratios and percentages. I go with what my body wants and some days I eat a lot of fats, sometimes for a few days in a row even. I also have periods when I want greens, greens and more greens and the same goes for fruits, roots, salt, sweets etc. I love it! I enjoy a great variety of raw foods. In fact, today I am on a juice fast because I felt like it. I have loved every ounce that I drank.

My wife is the same way as well. We may just be lucky, but I can’t help but wonder what those who are restricting themselves from this or that, are actually eating.

I have become convinced that a 100% Purely Raw is a simple answer and I like simple answers.

Am I an extremist? I’d find it more extreem to avoid avocados. I have never tasted anything that was more obviously right for me, I love them!

Chris

Comments

• Hi Chris. I have wondered about that too as it doesn’t make much sense to me either. I am quite new to the raw lifestyle but I have gone about 90%-95% raw. I eat lots of avocados and I feel fantastic and have lost 3 lbs in the 2 days that I upped my percentage of raw to this level. I also feel intuitively that the simple answer makes the most sense.

• Many people have failed miserably on the raw diet. If you are doing well, that’s great. If you are not then you might want to try keeping track of your food intake and going to nutridiary dot com to see what the percentages of fats, proteins, and carbs are. I did this and to my surprise I was eating over 35% of my calories from fat with a very simple diet. Some people on the raw diet are eating as much as 80-90% of their calories from fat. That is just not a healthy diet and the long term effects can be harmful. I really suggest people read Doug’s 80/10/10 Diet book. You need not follow his diet but at least you will understand the working of our body and get a clear picture of why he suggests this low fat diet. Often we feel great switching to a new diet, even if it is not right for us. This is because we eliminated a lot of the bad stuff that was causing the most problems. If you used to eat dairy products, grains, and meats, chances are that you will feel much better just by eliminating these – but to be in the best possible health you might need to tweak the diet a bit more after you have been on it for a while.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

I had to answer your questions has thoroughly as possible because I thought they were great questions.

I have come across very few people who are 100% Raw to the point of researching every ingredient that they consume. With this in mind I always wonder who these studies are based on. Are the participants actually 100% Raw or are they only 70-80% or so. Do those who are only trying to be 80% Raw actually buy TRULY raw nuts and oils or do they not think/know/bother about it?

Based of everything I have read, I cannot say if these particular people themselves were 100% raw. Some state they are 100% but unless I see what there eating I won’t know for sure. I am sure people can say they use the website that is referred to us but unless we see the receipt we won’t know for sure. I have a hard time taking everyones word now, the more I research. What I can tell you is that not every diet works for everyone. For example some men can thrive on higher fat diets than women can.

If you felt better after lowering your fat intake, maybe it is because you are eating less cooked nuts and oils. Nuts and Oils that you thought were raw.

I agree, because most items that we thought were raw are not. Just like with oils, I was hurt to find out that the cold pressed oils are mixed with regular oil. But even people on a complete raw food diet can gain weight if they are eating too much honey also. Sugar that is not used is stored as fat. For example If someone dehydrates bananas topped with honey, a long side that have a banana, strawberry and honey shake, then consume celery, banana, apples, topped with raw nut butter mixed with honey, and finishes the day with a berry fruit salad topped with a sauce made from strawberries and honey then that person will probably gain weight. I don’t know if you noticed but the diet also had no greens.

I think some of the problems derive from the thought that people believe since I am raw I can eat anything just as long as it’s raw. They toss the veggie out the door and eat all the sweet good in the world. Also I think exercise can be a factor and how much water people drink. When I drink more water I feel a lot fuller.

I have become convinced that a 100% Purely Raw is a simple answer and I like simple answers. Am I an extremist? I’d find it more extreme to avoid avocados. I have never tasted anything that was more obviously right for me, I love them!

In my opinion you’re not an extremist and I think it is extreme to avoid avocados also. I love avocados they are one of my staple foods.

• All I have to say is, the avocado should be worshipped!!

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie
    Wow SocaL, I have to ask you a few questions about your post!

(Many people have failed miserably on the raw diet.)

That’s a horrible statement to make without some clarification.

Who are these “Many” people?

What does “failed miserably” mean?

What “Raw Diet” were they on?

What else was going on in their life?

I eluded to questions like this in my post because I have a hard time imagining a large group of 100% Purely Raw vegans getting together for a long period of time to participate in any study. There is just not that many of us around and surely not all in one place.

A while back I read a bunch of statistics published by Gabriel Cousens only to find out that his group all had varried diets of mostly 70-80% raw. At that point I choose to ignore everything he published.

In my research, I have not found anyone who is strictly sticking to eating ONLY ONLY ONLY raw plant foods that is ‘failing miserably’. Storm and Jinjee and their 4 kids are the exact opposite of ‘failing miserably’. That’s just one example.

If you show me evidence for why I should begin to make my life more complicated, I will listen. The evidence will have to based on a long term study of a large group of people who are as strict about their consumption of ONLY raw plant foods as I am.

Also if you read Change Your Mind on my website you will see that I believe there is more to health than diet. I doubt you will find a study that includes data about how people think.

I believe that cooked food is poison and therfore think that it is pointless to keep track of any part of my diet while I am still eating any cooked food. Check out Staying Purely Raw on my site to read about my first year being 100% or should I say thinking I was 100%.

• There is no study that is accurate on any diet. People will answer a survey as they want and that doesn’t mean that they really ate what they said. Being 90% raw or 95% raw is really not a lot different from 100%. People are eating 100% cooked and many of them are living until 100+ years, so the amount of cooked food you include is not the most important factor. There are many variables. I don’t think anyone can eat 10 avocados a day for 30 years and feel good, on the other hand if people can eat 100% cooked for 100+ years then anything is possible. There is even a guy who eats only big macs for every meal in his life, he is still alive too.

By failing miserably I mean that they are overweight, have many illnesses, some have needed bypass operations, many have yeast problems, some died. These are people who claimed to be raw (again nobody knows what they were eating).

• I totallly agree that 100% raw is the way to go. However, it is important to know that just becuause something is raw doesn’t mean it is good for you. People should be asking themselves, “Is this a NATURAL diet that I am eating?”

Raw is one (very important) aspect of a natural diet but other factors still contribute to better health like food combining and seasonal eating.

James

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

I agree James. There are many fruits and vegetables that are toxic raw and because people don’t research it, they end up sick and not sure why. The toxins are natures way of protecting there offspring but people look at vegetation as dead because they don’t walk or talk.

I completely disagree about percentages of cooked food. Even 99% raw is a world away from being Purely Raw. Victoria Boutenko, in her great book “12 Steps to Raw” quotes clinical research that shows that if you’re 99% raw you are only able to assimilate 30% of the nutrients in your food, but if you are eating 100% raw you are able assimilate over 90% of the nourishment in your food.

Digestive Leukocytosis happens every time we eat cooked food. Why would the body react this way if cooked food was OK?

Have you ever been 100% for a long period? To the point of investigating every food item? I have and I still am and I am speaking from that perspective. 98% was great, But 100% is Magic, The difference is undescribeable.

I am only trying to prioritize, Raw 1st, food tracking 2nd. That’s all I am trying to say. My body seems to know how to stay in balance. I eat a very, very rounded diet.

I think 10 Avocados a day for 30 years or nothing but Big Macs are extreme examples and the average person would not eat like that, or be able to and be healthy. 100 years is nothing. Many now agree that the human lifespan can be 170 years.

(These are people who claimed to be raw again nobody knows what they were eating.)

Exactly my point. What does “Raw” mean? Without knowing, the research you are referencing has no credibility. That’s all I was trying to say. Why advise people to eat 20% poison but avoid too many avocados?

• “Digestive Leukocytosis happens every time we eat cooked food. Why would the body react this way if cooked food was OK?”

This is a controversial phenomena – in fact when you start eating just 1 bite of raw food followed by cooked there is no leukocytosis seen.

There is nobody on record who ever lived beyond 122 years. That is, which can be verified. Even the ‘masters’ of natural hygiene and raw foods like TC Fry and Herbert Shelton suffered from chronic illnesses and died very early in life. If cooked food is the evil many people think it is then why do 6 plus billion people continue to eat it every single day of their life? These people include some of the strongest athletes. I am not advocating that cooked is better than raw but our body is capable of removing toxins extremely efficiently as we can see by the billions eating a cooked diet. If these toxins were not being removed they wouldn’t be here walking the earth. Even the animals who eat a certain diet will often stray and eat a completely different diet for a time. Monkeys are often seen killing small reptiles and mammals for food. They survive. The body was designed to take in unacceptable foods and remain intact by our elimination systems. If you bite into a rancid nut and swallow, only noticing that it was rancid after you swallowed your body will remove the nut – either it will come out by vomiting or it might go through the digestive system.

Every person is an individual. Personally I found certain aspects of my health are improved by eating raw and for some things it has no affect at all even at 100% for a long time (several months). If you disagree with Dr. Graham, that’s fine. My impression is that he is one of the brightest of all the health, diet and exercise gurus. I can’t believe that a diet consisting of more than 20% from fats is a healthy diet for humans. Our digestive system is nearly identical to certain primates and their diet is in the range of about 7-15% of calories from fat.

Could you give me a source on your Digestive Leukocytosis info? I find it curious that Dr. Kouchakoff missed this easy solution to D.L. Just a quick bite of some raw food and Voila! No toxic reaction to cooked food. I am currently doing some personal testing on D.L. I will post my results when I am finished. I won’t be able to test your theory though, because I won’t eat cooked food.

I said “can be 170 years.” not already on record.

As for the rest of your last post, I would rather just drop this here.

Again I was only trying to state that cooked food is toxic and for me removing it completely from my diet was my 1st priority and getting the mix “perfect” for me came 2nd. I never said that a high fat diet was good.

ps. I never thought I would have to defend eating only raw foods on a raw food forum. I don’t want my body “removing toxins extremely efficiently”. I have choosen to just not eat toxins in the first place.

• I didn’t mean to start a debate. I am all for the raw food lifestyle. I was also believing that if it’s raw it’s okay to eat it as much as you want. It took me nearly 5 years to realise that I was mislead.

I was off with what I said about D.L. The correct wording should have been if you eat 10% of food that is raw or never heated above it’s ‘critical temperature’ with cooked foods the body shows no sign of D.L.

This is right from Kouchakoff’s papers: when a cooked food is ingested, leukocytosis can be avoided simply by adding about 10% of the same raw food [Kouchakoff 1937, p. 336], or a raw food whose “critical temperature” is higher [Kouchakoff 1937, pp. 332-334].

Also many so called raw foods are toxic in themselves. The list is actually full of many foods people are eating regularly. These include onions, garlic, radishes, hot peppers, most spices, all salt (including sea, celtic, himalayan etc.), vinegar (including the so called raw vinegar ‘apple cider’ vinegar), this includes all fermented foods as they are full of vinegar and alcohol both toxins. These foods are immediately removed by our efficient bodies. You can tell by just smelling someone’s breath after they eat these foods (even when eaten 100% raw). The lungs are used to remove 70% of all toxins that enter the body, so most toxins will be smelled on the breath soon after ingestion.

• chriscarlton -

I’m new to the site and the conversation, but I don’t see that Socal is at all attacking you for being raw or in any other way making you “defend eating only raw foods.” Your posts do seem to consider only the research that goes along with your position and your own website. That sounds like an attack, and I do not mean it to be, because for all I know, you could be the most rational poster on the site. However, these posts are coming across as Only 100% Raw Eaters know what is going on and can have a valid opinion about the wisdom of stuffing yourself with 8 avocados a day. Even if some of us are 90 or 95% raw, our experiences and our desire to learn more are just as valid as yours. We’ve all come here looking for a forum of like-minded people to talk to about mundane stuff like which blender to buy or how to soak our nuts (hee) – and no one should be made to feel like they are a second class citizen or be expected to provide full scientific method data for everything they quote (when you quote without any such substantiation). A natural diet should mirror what we’d eat in nature – not mean that you can eat as much as you want of anything that comes from the earth. And of course this is all just my opinion, and I’m very happy to have found the site and mean no disrespect to anyone.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

“Digestive Leukocytosis happens every time we eat cooked food. Why would the body react this way if cooked food was OK?” This is a controversial phenomena – in fact when you start eating just 1 bite of raw food followed by cooked there is no leukocytosis seen.

Digestive Leukocytosis happens every time we eat cooked food. Why would the body react this way if cooked food was OK?

As for Digestive Leukocytosis it has not been confirmed by another scientist so we don’t know for sure if his test could or could not be disproved. Digestive leukocytosis.

Even the ‘masters’ of natural hygiene and raw foods like TC Fry and Herbert Shelton suffered from chronic illnesses and died very early in life.

TC Fry didn’t practice what he ate. Herbert Shelton was a vegetarian so you can’t compare him to a raw food vegan.

If cooked food is the evil many people think it is then why do 6 plus billion people continue to eat it every single day of their life? These people include some of the strongest athletes. I am not advocating that cooked is better than raw but our body is capable of removing toxins extremely efficiently as we can see by the billions eating a cooked diet. If these toxins were not being removed they wouldn’t be here walking the earth.

People eat cooked food because it taste good. The obesity rate has gotten higher it is constantly on the news so the food is showing to be a factor. Please review obesity due to type of food and americans not eating enough veggies, Obesity causes, vegetarian death rate, Meat and fat intake relating to pancreatic cancer,

Athletes are not immune to diseases either the most common deaths in athletes is heart failure

Also people do things that they know doesn’t help. For example people smoke, do drugs, get drunk and chew tobacco everyday. Eventually just with anything else if you continue to bombard your body with toxins it will give up.

Even the animals who eat a certain diet will often stray and eat a completely different diet for a time. Monkeys are often seen killing small reptiles and mammals for food. They survive.

If that were true mad cow disease wouldn’t exist

The body was designed to take in unacceptable foods and remain intact by our elimination systems. If you bite into a rancid nut and swallow, only noticing that it was rancid after you swallowed your body will remove the nut – either it will come out by vomiting or it might go through the digestive system.

It depends on the toxins in the food that determine how sick you get. If we could get rid of every infection salmonella, e.coli poisoning wouldn’t be detrimental. Toxins, Raw vegetables and fruits can be toxic due to farmers using raw sewage for manure. Also see food borne illnesses in raw vegetables

My conclusion: I do not believe you have to be 100% raw to sustain a healthy life however I do not agree that people are healthy on a 100% cooked food especially big macs. Have you seen supersize me? It is a prime example. I would also like to note that disease can be from many factors and because there is no actual study basing whether raw food is better than cooked food or vice versa on humans then we can only do what we prefer to do for us.

I hope it helps the discussion between the both of you. Articles with scientific studies do help.

• What really matters is that you believe in what you are doing and it works for you.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Where did you find information stating garlic, and other spices are toxic Socal. Because the only data I find states that they are toxic to cat’s and dog’s but not humans.

• Here is an article on garlic: http://www.karinya.com/garlic.htm As always though, reader beware, not everything you see online is true. Check it out for yourself. My reasoning for garlic is that the body will immediately attempt to remove it as soon as it is eaten. That is not normal unless it is toxic to the body. Doug Also discusses these various toxins in the book 80/10/10 Diet.

• I forgot to mention one more toxic food: raw cacao. I think there might be some here who disagree because David Wolfe has an entire book about the subject but the truth is that it contains a chemical similar to caffeine and caffeine is a toxin. Here is a good reference from Fred Patenaude:

http://www.fredericpatenaude.com/articles/worst…

He discusses spicy food and spices there also.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

That is very true about everything online not being true. That is why I look through news articles and online libraries and encyclopedias. I got the idea about going to an online libray link from my english professor because he states “the information on the web is junk”. There are great sites that have articles and books uploaded on the internet. The only negative thing is that sometimes they won’t have the entire document because they want you to pay for it, and the science documents that scientist writing are hard to understand.

That website isn’t accurate. Here is some articles you can review, spices, preventive herbs, spices and herbs, garlic and cancer, and garlic properties. Dmso is known to give people a garlic type breath but it nota property of garlic. Allicin creates that smell in garlic. I do agree that too much of a good thing is bad for you.

The website you provided didn’t have any references either. It is best to find information from scholars who conducted test that are in articles on line or news articles. You have to change you search option on either msn, yahoo, aol, google, lycos or whomever you use to news search, academic, scholars, books to name a few. Also when you search for those articles, journals or books it’s good to change the date to find the newest article or test conducted. If you use the web option it will sometimes pull out junk. I only go through the web to find information if I knew the information from books that I have or I use the web for trusted sites like webster or oxford dictionary, encarta etc. One of my main information searcher is from the online library trusted sites from my school. If you went to school or are going you may be able to find out if that school has an online library.

• eat 100% raw = feel 100% great

its very very simple

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I agree jaymz72. I have never felt happier, healthier or more complete than when 100% raw…apart from when I fasted which felt even better:) I don’t think I am better than anyone else, or know more than anyone else, and I certainly don’t want to alienate anyone or make them feel bad. Everyone has got their own journey to go on.I love talking to anyone who is vaguely interested in raw food or being vegan. I can only share my own experiences with you. The truth is, the less cooked food I ate the better I felt. So it all had to go.

Nothing can compare to the bliss I feel now. There is no need for me to eat anything that isn’t alive, and I wouldn’t want to. It dents my high. I don’t want that. The way I feel is all the scientific research that I need. My body tells me when something isn’t right, and when everything is blissfuly right too.

I feel the need to apologise. I am Sorry. I now believe I created an atmosphere of “challenge” by giving this post the title “It’s called Raw Food for a reason.”

When I re-read my 1st post, I feel Ok. I believe that my motives were about wanting to make a few simple points and pose a few simple questions. When I wrote the Title I believe my motives were about trying to grab everyone’s attention. That was a mistake!

Anyway, I have surely said my fair share in this post. Thanks to everyone who viewed and posted.

Chris

• I just have one comment. Most of the information you see online and in books etc. are for people on the SAD. They have loads of toxins in their body and adding a few more will not cause much distress. They are nearly immune to these toxins. As a person who eats raw I get severe headaches from the slightest amount of caffeine and other chemicals. I can not eat raw cacao and I will not eat garlic or spices and the other toxins. Eventually everyone who follows a clean raw diet will experience this and see that these foods really are toxic. Also keep in mind that there is a lot of economic impact when a food is shown to be toxic. It wasn’t until recently that the public was told that cigarettes are toxic. We all know the damage that dairy does but the media still claims that milk is healthy. The reason why garlic smells like it does and all the poison substances smell the same is not a fluke in my opinion. It is also true that it passes through the blood-brain barrier – not a good thing.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

3- Spicy Food. Spicy food is any food where strong (or mild) spices has been added to it. Spices include: black pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper, ginger, chili peppers, raw garlic, raw onion, etc, and all the foods that contain them: kimchee, hot sauces, Tabasco, etc. The consumption of spices is extremely detrimental to health. They irritate the entire digestive tract, create mucus (that the body produces to protect itself), and wreck digestion. Spices were first used as medicines, out of superstition, and then in food. People became quickly addicted to the stimulation they provide and found themselves progressively unable to enjoy food in its natural state. The worst food you can eat is spicy food, such as Indian, Thai, Mexican, etc. In someone not used to it, it will cause diarrhea. The person that is used to it has undergone a process of morbid adaptation, where the protecting itself from the harsh spices by hardening its surfaces. This protects against the harmful effect of spices to some extent, but at the same time it greatly diminishes assimilation, no the food eaten doesn’t benefit the body very much. Children and anyone with normal instincts refuse spicy foods. Personally, I refuse to eat spicy food, whether the spices are in a raw dish or a cooked one.

I believe it is good to make the public aware of certain foods that may be of harm. However he doesn’t clearly comment on the spices itself more so the spicy food, which the ones he mentions are known to use exessive amount of spices. Exessive spices can cause a upset stomach. Also he cannot say that spices are detrimental because there is no information stating that. Ginger also does not cause a tummy ache it actually helps with tummy aches, specifically if you have gas. I know from experience. Please review tumeric, curcumin, hot pepper, spices, garlic, bacteria and spices, and potent spices, garlic and onions, red onion peel extract, onions, ginger.

In conclusion his information is not documented anywhere. Spices are not detrimental, they are beneficial and too much of a good thing is bad for you, no matter what it is. I suggest to research the information further though trusted sites.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

The information are studies based on clinical trials and documented research. I understand that there are information out there that are not available to the public but smoking for example was not shown to be a benefit in any way. Despite the fact that people smoked and it was promoted there weren’t any clinical trials saying hey this is good for you.

If you don’t eat spices that is your choice as anyone else but to have information stating it’s toxic when it is beneficial is in my opinion mean. I also caffeine is not that beneficial either. There is information that milk is not beneficial and studies for it. One thing I would like to point out is that, there is more information out there than you or I know. There are more studies out there, than we are aware of. The media chooses to broadcast some but not all. It doesn’t mean that they don’t have the articles showing that lactose intolerance is a normal reaction in humans and that humans shouldn’t drink milk. I know because I found that article. I also found a article stating that there was a study showing raw and cooked vegetables does not cause cancer. That particular article showed an experiment that was done and the persons conclusion was raw and cooked caused cancer but raw vegetables are more likely to cause cancer. The article had 30 different scientist to make there own study to verify if the information was fact. All of them said that raw and cooked vegetables do not cause cancer and it was known in some raw vegetables in the brassiru family to help prevent certain cancers. The reason why the first study stating vegetables caused cancer was flawed, was because the people in the study was not controlled, and it didn’t take in consideration if people smoked, or drank alcohol etc.

No one is saying to eat spicy food and eat garlic if you don’t like it. Just don’t put wrong information as the truth just because you want to believe it is fact. That is unfair to not allow someone to see all the information and make up there mind. Also no food is good in excess. NONE! No matter how much you love or hate it, no food in excess is good, celery has been known to have adverse affect in large quantities. Also spices,onions,garlic, and ginger are not chemical, they are natural whether grinded, cut, chopped, or pureed.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

What really matters is that you believe in what you are doing and it works for you.

Nagev I agree.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

feel the need to apologise. I am Sorry. I now believe I created an atmosphere of “challenge” by giving this post the title “It’s called Raw Food for a reason.”

You don’t have to apologize. It wasn’t your words that made anyone feel the need to challenge. Plus I don’t feel challenge is the proper word. If you would of named it, “Am I nuts”, I am sure the result would be the same.

I believe the point of the discussion forum is to do that…discuss. I don’t have hard feelings about it. I also love to read everyones opinions.

Sapphire

• You are right joesc, let people make up their own mind and do not say if they are safe or toxic. I put the information out there and let the people decide. Putting a small amount of toxin in your body is better than a lot, putting none is the best. People want to believe what they want because they were taught to believe it from an early age and are used to eating a certain food. Most SADers would never want to believe cooked food is toxic. All the ‘scientific’ studies were done on 100% cooked food eaters, to trust them for a raw food eater is a bit risky I think.

• JoescJoesc Raw Master

Socal, I put the information out there for you to be able to know how to find the information and, so you can read over it. I do believe that the government may not be so prone to fund testing to see the benefits of raw food vs cooked. There are test showing certain foods to be bad for you and those foods are cooked, such as red meat, pasteurized milk, and some seafood.

Some articles I found states certain red meat has been prone over the long term studies to cause certain cancers. So do not be closed minded to the fact to believe that all information is wrong and they are only going to say that these cooked foods are good for you.

You are using your opinions as fact. You don’t know if all the studies are just people who eat cooked food or not. How I know is if you actual read the information I provided or even looked at the articles based on the topics you want to research you would know that to be a false statement. Also the properties of these foods are based on just the food as far as if they are toxic or not. For example apple seed are toxic because it releases small amounts of cyanide, that is based on the study of the actual fruit. The information on the spices whether they are toxic or not are based on the spices itself.

The benefits of course are tested from the individual and or animals that do the test. The spices are not toxic raw and actually one of the studies of garlic stated that in order for you to get the benefit of the cancer preventive compound in the garlic you would have to consume it raw.

What I was trying to help you understand is there is more information out there. No they are not publicized but they are out there. Raw food has been noted to be beneficial. There are a more than one study saying that eating more raw food can be more beneficial. There are studies on vegetarians. They also have studies showing people need to eat more vegetables and fruits.

Even though they don’t have an abundunce of those articles. The articles are clinical studies made by actual scientest. Any one who give information should document and reference it so you can research it yourself. I have done so and I assumed you would take the opportunity to review it. Many times people twist information for example I have found sites on the web stating that raw food veganism is bad due to all these so call technical terms and when I researched it, the information was bogus and the terms he claimed actually applied to raw meat not vegetables.

• You state a lot of stuff. Did you read the China Study and 80/10/10 Diet books? If you did not then please read these and then come back and post anything you like. The China Study book goes into great detail about how the government and the big conglomerate corporations manage to skew data and studies. Most of the stuff is not meaningful at all. To say that spices are healthy is your opinion. I know that they make me sick and I know that they are from plants that use the taste to protect themselves from being eaten by animals. Most in quantity are very toxic. Dogs and cats still are instinctive eaters as are children, they have not been coerced by adults into changing their tastes and none will eat spices. As Doug Graham says, if you can’t make a meal out of it then it isn’t a food for healthy human beings. Spices fit in that category. People who are on a raw diet do not need to take anything to prevent cancer, they simply will not get it if they are truly healthy. The fact that you mention this proves that garlic is not in fact a food but a drug. This is true, garlic is a potent drug and not a food. It should only be used for medicinal purposes to prevent cancer or whatever other magic it does. We do not need to have drugs as part of our diet. The same goes for most of the spices. BTW I always eat the seeds of apples and I am still fine. How could that be true?

P.S. Please refrain from implying that I am closed minded. I take that as an insult. These are not ‘my’ opinions that I am stating but they are from several experts some of whom are PhDs and have as many as 30 to 40 years experience in the health and raw food areas. Here are their names: Doug Graham, Frederic Patenaude, Roger Haeske, Paul Nisan, David Klein, Nora Lenz and others. I am reiterating their information but as I said, I find these to cause me discomfort – which to me makes these claims more than believable but factual. The reasons why they are toxic, the reactions I get from them and the scientific and chemical components of these ‘spices’ all point to the fact that they are toxins. The argument that a lot of anything is toxic is true but try to eat bananas until they reach the toxic threshold, I don’t think it is physically possible to kill yourself eating too many bananas, it is possible to kill yourself eating too much garlic. It’s important for the people who eat raw foods to know which foods are toxic – sure they might still go right ahead and eat them but that is their decision.