Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Comments

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

It doesn’t say what the “Pure Natural Pigments” are….

Have you tried the other types of Mineral Make-up before?

• justagirljustagirl Raw Newbie

I’ve used Bare Minerals for several years and it cleared up all my facial problems. I haven’t gone to the raw minerals, simply because it contains more than minerals. The more you add to a makeup (no matter how raw) can clog pores. I can wear Bare Minerals to bed, and it seems to have no detrimental affect on my skin.The best way to go, I suppose is no makeup…(how many of us want to do that?)

• Make SURE the mineral makeup you use does NOT contain Talc, or Bismuth Chloride. Mineral makeups came to be popular in the last couple of years because they are more natural, but some of the bigger companies still put chemicals in the, go figure.

• Justagirl, I just ordered from Bare Minerals, do you really like their stuff? Is there anything you don’t like about it?

• I’ve been wearing Bare Minerals for over two years now and wouldn’t go back to anything else. I love it!

• That’s good to hear. Hopefully I’ll just be smashingly impressed with it. :0)

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

My raw friend just launched a website with all natural/organic makeup and skin care products. check it out at www.poshorganix.com

• Wow, I just checked out that site Kminty3. Your friend started this company or was hired for the website doing? It looks very impressive. Is it all natural and pure or is there some stuff that isn’t natural in it?

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

all natural and pure and my friend Sarah, the raw foodist, started and runs the site

• This website is not make-up, it’s more body and face care, but they are WOW!!!

www.lush.com

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

Lush is wonderful, and they have great henna, too.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I use mineral make up it is wonderful. The minerals are simply ground up rocks from Australia, the brand is Innika. Jane Iredale also does great mineral make up.
    It is amazing because there are NO fillers or additives just pure earth pigment.The light reflects off it beautifully and you don’t need to wash it off coz it is so good for your skin.

You can also buy the rocks yourself and make your own mineral make up. I had a free mineral make up make over at On The Eight Day Co-Op in Manchester. The woman who did it made her own makeup from rocks using a pestle and mortar to grind them down with. I dont know where to get them from yet, I am going to find out, I’ll post it if I do, it is a very interesting and cheap alternative to ready made mineral makeup.

P.S. If you have acne scars, birth marks, scars etc mineral makeup will cover them completely without making your face look like you are plastered with make up.

• stylistchickstylistchick Raw Newbie

i just think anything that is on your face, even if it is “natural mineral” is still gotta be clogging pores to some degree. its just something i can live without. i’ve been trying out coconut oil for a moisturerizer.