Raw Cornmeal???

shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

My mom (not vegan) says that there is no such thing as raw cornbread. Though she has said that to lots of things and I have shown her recipes for what she says cannot be made raw…have not made all of them yet though. Not out to prove her wrong but, does anyone have a recipe for cornbread raw?? Preferably, one that was 2 inches tall like normal cornbread rather than the size of a slice of bread.

Comments

• newbienewbie Raw Newbie

you mean, cornbread, not cornmeal, right?

• shgadwashgadwa Raw Newbie

I am sorry, YES, corn bread.

• Lol what a funny question but I’d like to know. I personally love cornbread (in moderation). If nobody has a recipe for it I’m absolutely sure it CAN be made, with a lot of research, and hard work.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Yes, Alissa Cohen has one in her book (I think it was Alissa Cohen’s book – all my books are packed up I can’t check)- I made it and honestly I wasn’t very impressed. It was missing something. It was kinda bland. But if could definately spice it up with whatever you want to add. I think it wasn’t sweet enough or something. That could easily be fixed though. The texture was pretty good though. Very close to real cornbread. :)