Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Canadian Raw Food Online Store

New Raw Food Online Store for Canadians. Please check it out and give us your feedback @ www.rawnutrition.ca

Comments

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Oh, my goodness, I know you’re trying to help spread the word, but as a moderator of several large sites, this is spamming. This can cause this website to loose their advertisers! Google checks for this sort of posting. Believe me, I know.

• Spamming or not, I just checked out the site and it looks great! ;0)

The problem with this kind of spamming is that Google can stop/block their ads based on it. It’s not considerate of the site owner. I guess they don’t care and I certainly won’t support any site that does this to another site for their own benefit.

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Alix1962~ I guess I’m missing something here. What about RawNutrition.ca’s post is spamming?

• Dear Alix1962

Following are the instructions for this forum “Talk it Up”

<< We encourage you to promote yourself on Gone Raw! Here are some suggestions on how to get started introducing yourself (and maybe your product, service, or book) to the world.

First, be sure to create a free account and fill out your profile. Write a little about yourself, give us a link to your website, blog, or online store, and if possible, post a photo. That lets folks get to know you, and they’ll start to recognize you after a while.
    Then, post some recipes, if you have some. If you’re a writer and have good recipes under your belt, posting some recipes on Gone Raw will give you a chance to also post a link to your book or website, and your name will be attached to the recipe as well, giving people another way to find out more about you and what you have to offer.
    Finally, be sure to start conversations, offer ideas, and share your thoughts on the forums. There’s lots of discussions going on there, and every post has your name and photo, as well as a link to your bio.
    In addition, we

This is basic netiquette, not to mention that I clearly stated what the dangers are to the hosting site. But I’ll try to keep it simple. When the Google bots skim a site and see content without reason, i.e., streams of words with no recognized meaning, it is seen as an abuse and is reported back to Google, who will block all ads when they review the report.

• So Alix1962 If I understand correctly the problem was with the list of products that we carry which I had listed. I edited them out. Is that more appropriate?

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

This is not spam and if there is a problem with this kind of post, the moderator of this group is the one who should discipline. It may be advertising. There are many posts that reference sources and the sponsors still sponsor.

What is spam?

Spam is flooding the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it. Most spam is commercial advertising, often for dubious products, get-rich-quick schemes, or quasi-legal services. Spam costs the sender very little to send—most of the costs are paid for by the recipient or the carriers rather than by the sender.

• Hi 123,
    I think the problem may have been considered “keyword spamming” because they have no direct relevance to this site. Anyways I have edited out the list of products that we carry. Those interested in our site can check it out to see what we offer. I simply followed the “Talk it up” instructions, I didn’t realize the keyword spamming potential. Just thought it was useful info to share.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I guess I came in late and missed the list!

• Hey, thanks for editing that post. I did kind of consider that post “keyword spamming,” to use the technical term, and had planned on asking you to edit the post a bit. However, it looks like you’ve gone ahead and done so. Thanks, much appreciated!

That said, it’s a fine line, and I don’t fault anyone for not being perfectly clear on it. We don’t have any sort of “policy” about that, because I don’t really know where the line should be drawn. Heaven forbid that we should have to resort to discipline!!!

• Your Welcome!