Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Raw Protein

I don’t want to overdo it with nuts and seeds, but am concerned that I am not getting enough protein. Based on my weight, I should be getting around 50-60g of protein daily. I don’t think that I am doing that and I have been feeling a bit achy lately. I have been at least 80% for 2-3 months.

What has great protein? Thanks!

Comments

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

Greens for sure, sprouts, kale, parsley, wild greens/weeds, etc. From what I understand everything has protein in it, but greens and sprouts and other things like Quinoa sprouted and chia seeds too are excellent sources of non-animal protein which is much better for you. Info on chia seeds:
    http://www.newstarget.com/022468.html

Did you read Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko? Where did you get the info that you should be getting 50-60 g of protein daily? That sounds high.

• Thanks!
    yes, I read Green for Life, but maybe I need to revisit it. I do eat lots of greens but each serving has 2-3g at most. I will check out the chia info. :)

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Be careful with the amount of protein, Hippie Chick. Bear in mind that the enormous amounts of proteins that are recommended are “pushed” by the meat industry. There is nothing to substantiate that humans need these vast quantities of protein. You’ll only be hurting your kidneys.

Even with someone who eats meat, I would say 50 to 60 grams of protein is very very high.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Greens have amino acids… the building blocks of protein.

Not all greens have all the amino acids for a ‘complete protein’... so vary your greens.

Nuts have protein (especially after germinating).

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I agree, you may not need as much protein as you think. Why do you think this is the case? I would be more concerned with eating the right fats in a balanced combination. Hempseed has balanced omega 3 and 6. Sprouts and greens have omega 3.