Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

what are your favorite sprouts?

So far I have tried sprouting chickpeas for raw hummus (so good…), mung beans which will become a staple in my diet, and quinoa….

what are your fav sprouts?????

Comments

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Buckwheat and brassica. I generally stay away from legumes and cereal grains. Buckwheat is actually a fruit.

Oh yeah, I left out sunflower seeds. I have some sprouting now!

• fenugreek and chickpeas and mung beans

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

sunflower, alfalfa, and mung beans. sometimes radish. i love to make salads with just sprouts!

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

So far, alfalfa and chickpeas.

• Buckwheat, brassica, sunflower…

• alfalfa, a sprout mix, quinoa, buckwheat. For those of you who sprout sunflower seeds, do you grow them in a tray? I have tried to unsuccessfully. I used to love getting fresh sunflower sprouts for my salad at a natural food store I used to work at in san diego. They were tall and fresh. I find mine can grow about 2-3 inches tall, but only about 1/3 of the tray actually gets to that height. I tried this in the summer with dirt and they got lots of sun too. The other things I sprout by my kitchen sink in sprout trays and they are great.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

I just sprout sunflower seeds in a cup until they grow tails. It usually only takes a day or two.

• Fenugreek sprouts are my staple at Lunch. Wheat sprouts used to be my staple at Dinner until a couple of months ago, but starting them again now. Sesame sprouts are like once-in-a-week. ‘m also planning to introduce Millet sprouts as I heard they help in building new blood. Another favorite is Mung bean but I don’t eat them regularly as they cause gas because of my weak digestion. Otherwise I’d have binged on them as they are easily most nutritious of them all.

• IsisDCIsisDC Raw Newbie

I am just trying to sprout for the first time and I am sprouting lentils.
    It’s day 2, and already there are cute little tails.

I’m taking pictures, it’s like my first baby.

• I just started sprouting some lentils, too. I soaked them last night, and put them in the cabinet above my fridge this morning. I sprouted some wheat berries like this, and they came out great. I’m thinking of a recipe with the sprouted lentils, soaked wild rice, avocado, onion, celery and lettuce and/or kale…that sounds yummy to me! What are you going to do with yours?

• IsisDCIsisDC Raw Newbie

batyah- Oh that sounds so good!

I was thinking of a salad dish as well. With water cress, mint, maybe a handful of goji berries and some spring onions.

If it comes out good, I’ll post mine up, and please post up yours too!

I was given a huge bag of lentils and I am looking for creative ways to fix them.

Peace!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

lately, mung bean and crimson clover sprouts, but i have t try lentils too!

• Sprouts are so nice. Quinoa and lentils get made into salads. I still don’t care for the taste of lentils so I marinate the heck out of them in oil and vinegar. Sprouted wheat berries make a succulent raw bread, but I look forward to trying kamut and spelt too.

• I love love love lentil sprouts. They are my fave. They taste so fresh and clean, it

• Morning_theftMorning_theft Raw Newbie

Lentil sprouts are pretty good… I love red clover sprouts the best, way more than alfalfa. Most legume sprouts I find to be too starchy and bitter… Does anyone else feel that?

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

hey MT im with you there, way to starchy on the legume sprouts but i adore clover and alfalfa and mungbean…we are like two peas in a pod! teehee

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

lentil, mung, fenugreek, quinoa, radish, sunflower and buckwheat.

• Dried sprouted sunflower seeds! Crunchy and tasty.

• I have yet to try sprouting! I am scared to death of it for some reason. Something I am beginning to notice about myself more and more.

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

RawNutrition, I love them, too. I have some sprouted sunflower seeds in the dehydrator right now!!

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

I love wheatberries sprouted (Spring or Hard Wheat) and sunflowers.

• I love buckwheat, lentils, and mung beans!! I love dehydrated buckwheat they are yummy and crunchy!!!