Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

reaction to avocado

Has anyone ever had a “hypolgycemic” reaction after eating avos? I have suffered from hypo off and on in the past but I had a smoothie today with fruit, no problem… but this afternoon right after eating the avocado (with salsa), I felt weak and light-headed…and voraciously hungry. This has happened maybe two times previous so I am pretty sure its the avo. Anyway- it is not a high glycemic food, could the reaction been due to allergy?

thanks

Comments

• Is there a lot of cilantro in the salsa? I just read another post this week that talked about cilantro making people light headed.

• No, not a lot of cilantro. I love cilantro and never had a prob. with it. I was thinking about it and the avo I ate wasn’t completely ripe. But it wasn’t green either- so I am now wondering if that had anything to do with it. I can’t remember if that was the case with the previous ones I ate though.

• jeshuabrownjeshuabrown Raw Newbie

ya know, i got a stomach ache every 5 times I’ve eaten an avocado…i thought maybe it was the bit of browness?

• sorry to raise a completely different question, but i’m new to the site and couldn’t figure out how to start a new discussion…anyway…is soy yogurt raw? what about olives?
    ...new to the raw thing and loving it.

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

No to soy yogurt and it depends with olives. Olives should be eaten in moderation because they are cured in large amounts of sea salt. Yes sea salt is OK in small amounts but too much will cause a lot of problems. If you want some raw olives go for David Wolfe’s www.sunfood.com

• DelphineDelphine Raw Newbie

Hi Batyah,
    welcome : )
    Here is how to start a new discussion, may this be helpful:
    1) click on the “forum” button located on the upper right side of this page.
    2) click on the “forum category” which matches your discussion. Like “introduction” or “Food preparation” ...
    3) click on the “Start new topic” located above the discussions list.
    4) have fun & we look forward to your posts
    Have a good day : )

• thanks humaninimal and delphine for the info. i have another question about distilled vs. spring water…which is best? i’ve had some amazing water from cafe gratitude, but not quite sure how to get it or make it for myself.

peace…

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Spring water is the best because it is provided by mother nature. Distilling or filtering takes away the trust and the bonding with our great mother.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

Back to the topic, do you have the same reaction to other fats? Fat in the blood can slow down sugar synthesis. It can cause insulin spikes and the symptoms you describe. There is much more to it than the simple explanation that I have offered, but it might be something to look into.

• heathermarsbombheathermarsbomb Raw Newbie

yes but distilling also takes out flouride which is not good for you. I add a bit of sea salt to my distilled water. Unfortunately I cant really find decent spring water where I am

Thank you for shedding some light on the subject of fats. Actually, when I think about it, when I have had something heavy with fat in the past, like eating nuts by themselves, I immediately felt like I needed to balance it out with some carbs.
    I read somewhere that hypoglycemia and other blood sugar disorders have to do with a poorly functioning pancreas and/or parasites. I am almost done with a humaworm cleanse. Any recommendations of juicing recipes that would support the pancreas?

Thanks again for your input.

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

jay, add some cinnamon to your diet. Cinnamon is good for lowering glucose in the blood.