Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Jack Lalanne Blender - good?

germin8germin8 Raw Master

Is it a good blender? It’s advertised to be up to 2HP. I was reading the posts and it sounds like it is a good blender. My in-laws bought one and they want to know if it is a good one for making green smoothie. Breaking it down to small pieces (like the VitaMix). Any input? I think they’ll end up keeping it; it’s such a good deal compared to the VitaMix. I couldn’t believe they got it for $80, free shipping!

Comments

• I cannot vouch for the blender, however the Jack Lalanne juicer was a steal, and I really like it, it’s powerful enough, durable and easy to clean. So I have faith in the brand name.

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

yeah, and a 100 year guarantee! If I didn’t have a vitamix already, I would have bought his. Where did they get it for $80?

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Great to hear!

They ordered theirs after watching an infomercial.

I dont’ really like the informercials… but they bought a Magic Bullet that way too… and they got a free one which they gave me. I like my Magic Bullet for grinding seeds and taking my green smoothies to work. I blend them in my VitaMix and store them in the drink containers from the Magic Bullet.

• That sounds like a sweet deal. I found this while looking at the blender; http://healthyjuicer.com/pages/quicktime_movie….

its a manual juicer that looks really great and is only 44 bucks. Has anyone use it ore a similar model? Check the video!

• RawVoiceRawVoice Raw Newbie

Rawfoodtalk.com has a thread going about the Jack La Lane blender. Someone had a really bad experience with the blender and their customer service. Read it here: http://rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=37328

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

I like anything from Cuisinart. My blender has a glass container instead of a plastic one which may contain toxins. It is also super powerful! Check them out on cuisinart.com

RawVoice, I checked that thread… and that’s just awful. I’m not sure what to tell my in-laws. They want a good affordable blender with a non-glass container.

• susannabellajanesusannabellajane Raw Newbie

A month ago I bought a Lalane juicer from Costco for $100. I’d never had a juicer before and didn’t want to invest in a $450 Champion if we weren’t going to use it. Turns out we LOVE green juices for the morning meal, so we use it every day, which makes it about 35 days of use so far.

Although it is easy to use and easy to clean, the grinding blade already vibrates in an unnatural way when I juice harder things like carrots and beets, and no amount of adjusting the tension of the blade seems to help.

I won’t waste my time dealing with the company after reading the thread over on rawfoodtalk. I hope to baby my starter juicer along for another couple of months and then buy up. For comparison’s sake, the Champion has a five year warranty, compared to 90 days for our Lalane model.

• I have that blender and I’m pretty pleased with it. I try to stay away from blending hard veggies like carrots, but for the most part – it does the job. Had it for over a year.

Thank you all for the reply and the advice from those that do have this blender. I will tell my in-laws… they’re not going to like to hear this. They don’t want to chop or carry a heavy glass blender-container.