Weight loss

Hello all,

Could anyone tell me any ‘tips’ that may be out there for weight loss on a raw food diet? I’ve cut back on eating nuts. Usually my diet looks like is:

Smoothie for breakfast
kale
spinach
mangoes
agave
water
banana
parsley
strawberries

Lunch

greens
tomato
celery
carrots
cucumber

banana
orange

Supper

smoothie

at least ten glasses of water a day.

Comments

• Your diet looks great to me for weight loss. Are you satisfied on it? I think that is most important. Once I cut out the abundence of nuts and seeds my scale started to go down, but you do need a little fat in your diet, you can stick an avacado in your smoothie if you want to stay away from the nuts.

I would add in Spiralina to your breakfast smoothie – not for weight loss but it has B vitamins that what you listed is lacking and is important for energy.

I found that I needed a little fat to help keep me satisfied, I usually make a raw dressing for my salad that contains a healthy oil (olive or hempseed) and that really hits the spot and knocked out cravings that my green smoothie couldn’t.

Good luck!

• Thanks for the suggestions. I do put hemp powder, berry green and flax seed oil in my smoothies. I probably should have mentioned that. I had been eating a lot of avocado, but felt too full afterward…. I am completely satisfied after each ‘meal’ my smoothies are about 24 oz:) And it does surprise me that I really do feel full. I have begun to realize how much unnecessary food I used to put into my body… I will check into the spiralina:)

• If that is you in the pic, you don’t look like you need to loose any weight but I have heard that your heart needs a little good fat like what is in an avocado. I am loosing too and my Dr. is raw. He really wants me to keep about 3 avocados in my diet and at least one 8 oz. almond milk. Would you post the smoothie recipes for us? Good luck!

• Thanks for saying that I don’t need to lose weight:) I do however need to. I moved to canada at 140 and gained twenty-two pounds. I am 5” 8” and some might say I carry my weight well….. BUT , I’ve got the fanny pack to prove it, if you know what I mean.

The smoothie recipes change from day to day. I go by taste, so I throw whatever I want in and taste as I go to get the right taste, here is an example:
    two cups of water
    one or two bananas
    1 cup of kale
    1cup of spinach
    toppits parsley cubes
    two cups of frozen mangoes
    1/4 cup of raw almonds (depends on my mood:)
    1 T agave (again depends)
    six dates
    1-2 cups of strawberries (or one cup of strawberries and one cup of blueberries)
    2 T flax seed oil
    2 T berry green
    4 T hemp protein

Or I may just leave out the greens and make a smoothie with just almonds, strawberries and bananas. Or whatever combination I come up with…

P.S. I forgot to mention that I would like to not only lose weight, but for health reasons as well.