Nut-Free Advice Anyone?

Hello again everyone!!
Okay, so I’m trying to not eat so many nuts right now. They seem to give me digestive troubles. (Among other issues they have brought my way.) I was wondering if there was something I could substitute for them. For example, I would like to continue making “cheese” and “creamy” sauces. Sadly, with out nuts I’m not sure how. I was thinking maybe an avocado would do the trick. I think it’s going to be tricky trying to figure out how to mimic the consistancy. I’ll have to do some experiments. However, in the mean time I’m open to any suggestions that you wish to throw my way.

Peace.

Comments

• i hate eating nuts. Perhaps you could continue making dressings and sauces with nuts, but refraid from eating them whole. When I first tried the raw diet, I went crazy on nuts and it didnt make me feel that great. Then I went on a nut strike for a while, but slowly returned to using them only for sauces and dressings. For a sauce- my favorite would be an asian coconut peanut butter sauce. Tahini also.

• RawKarenRawKaren Raw Newbie

Are you still eating seeds? Dressings, sauces and dips made with hemp or sesame (tahini) work for me when I try to not to eat too many nuts. I tried a weird looking recipe made with tahini, peeled zuchinni, garlic, lemon juice and cumin in Rawvolution. It was almost like hummous but creamier and thicker.It was delicious!