Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Valentine's Day Dinner Ideas

I’m trying to put together a delicious raw meal for my hubby for Valentines Day. Being raw means that eating at home is sooo much better than eating out. Does anyone have any special ideas for Valentines Day special dinner?

Comments

• well if you live in socal you can come to my valentine’s day dinner at TerraBellaCafe.com.. it’s 5 course dinner.. you see the menu at the website’s newsletter…chefraw.com

• This is a thread from last year. I would love to see some ideas. Everyother year each one of us is in charge of planning v-day. This year is my year. I have plans for the rest of the evening, but I have no idea what to make for dinner.

• FeeFee Raw Master

I don't know what I will be doing for the main courses yet but I found some heart shaped small cake tins in the cupboard so Im planning on making Alissa Cohens blueberry pie in individual portions in those for dessert.

• My hubby is working on V.day, but I have 6 little ones at home that I like to do something for. So this year I'm making heart shaped pizzas using a yummy dehydrated flat bread and raw pizza sauce w/ lots raw toppings. I'm also making a salad to go with it. For desserts I'm making the bite sized brownies w/ vanilla frosting and raw ice cream. I also made some heart shaped raw chocolate using molds for the kiddos as a treat.

blessings,

Cathy

• I like the heart shaped food ideas for desert. How cute.

• JoyceHJoyceH Raw Newbie

Hiya,

I'm still a bit up in the air as far as dinner but here are my ideas. Would love any thoughts or suggestions or other recommendations

My ideas so far:

Carmella's Lasagna Magnifca from her Sunny Raw Kitchen E-Book.

or

A recipe from Chef Dan I downloaded (purchased individual recipe):

Papperdella with Sugar Snap Pea & Saffron Cr

No one??

Hey I understand, I used to boycott Valentines day. As a friend recently said, "I don't like hallmark dictating when to be romantic". Perfect!! haha

But like I said, it's a great excuse to a make a lovely raw and living food feast :-) I'm making a small production for the fun of it. Another couple will also be up for dinner tomorrow night. One will take photos with a professional camera with a special food lens. My camera is just mediocre...next big purchase down the road.

Anyhoo......Happy Valentine's day to all you lovely raw foodies :-)

Hugs!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Ooo excited to hear it joyce. I just bought chef dan's recipe too! Papperdella with Sugar Snap Pea & Saffron Cr

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

I have to admit I'm a little envious of those of you who have raw partners and can share a totally raw meal together. I love my man to bits and I know it's possible to share a cosy meal for two when you're eating different things but it would be so nice to be able to share the passion for raw food as well as each other!

Winona - just a bit off the topic, but here are a few recipes I downloaded from Chef Dan. Have you made any of them? Would love to hear about your results.

Spinach herb casserole

Spinach tomato casserole

Spinach herb gnocchi

Broccoli Cheddar Cannelloni

Spinach Saag (I love traditional Indian saag paneer)

Strawberry Chocolate Cheesecake

Crustless Shepard's pie - this is a free recipe on his website that looks good!

Thanks! :-)

Hi Winona - I'll let you know how the Papperdella dish turns out. I don't think I have used saffron before, at least not in a raw dish. I found some at the co-op so that's good! That ice cream sounds yummy!

sv3 - my hubby is a vegetarian but not completely raw. He does morning green smoothies and loves to try my food but doesn't always love everything. Baby steps for him :-) Lately I've been coming up with some good things that he really likes, but there have been times where I love something I made and he couldn't eat it..haha. Oh well, it can happen with a fussy husband. Just keep sharing your raw food a little bit at a time :-)

ps - sv3, I sometimes have my husband pick out things to try from books or e-books, or websites. Sometimes I copy and past a recipe at work and send it to his work email and say, "what do you think of this?". Sometimes I get a thumbs up or a rather lukewarm response ;-)

• sv3sv3 Raw Newbie

Thanks Joyce, my man also has green smoothie for b'fast and does occasionally taste my food but that's a great idea about him picking something from the 'cook' books. I may have to try that. :-)

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Hi Joyce - Regarding Chef Dan -

I've made his falafel, it's outstanding! Crispy, flavorful, perfect! I love the way the sprouted chickpeas work in the falafel. Dan's sweet crepes are AMAZING! I serve them with whipped cream (not from chef dan - from cafe gratitude book recipe for the strawberry shortcake). This dish is really good too: "Portobello

Winona, glad to hear his recipes have been successes. They do look so scrumptious! I'll check out your blog on the red curry and samosas. At some point I'd love to make a raw indian food theme dinner. Yes, his dinners look great!

Hiya everyone!

I finally updated my blog and posted all my photos from our Valentine's day dinner. Click here if you're interested:

http://beautifullivingfood.blogspot.com/

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Would love to hear about what others made :-)

Cheers!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

Joyce, love your blog post! I didn't make anything particularly valentiney but today I did have an amazing chocolate "shake" that was coconut water, coconut meat, cacao, agave, vanilla. hit the spot!